Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

At what age are you happiest?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110181 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
23 Nov 2011 - 8:47 AM

Its difficult for me as my "happiness" changes with age and experience.

I'm definitely more relaxed and happy now than at any time in my life (its difficult to be stressed about anything when you can't remember what it was that was stressing you out Grin ) but in terms of pure joyous happiness that was fit to make your heart burst it has to have been the period after we were married and when our two children were born and growing up (but boy, was that stressful!)

Last Modified By brian1208 at 23 Nov 2011 - 8:47 AM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
23 Nov 2011 - 8:47 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114484 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
23 Nov 2011 - 9:36 AM

I was born screaming my head off and not much has changed over the last 49 years Sad Right grumpy git me!

I guess for me I was the most happiest when my youngest daughter was born or should I say about 15 minutes after the actual event. She was born blue, strangled by the umbilical cord, The sheer relief and joy I had once the midwife had got here going totally overwhelmed me. I'm very proud to say that she's grown up now to be a smashing 25 y/o woman whom I completely adore and what's more the feelings are reciprocal, even now she never goes out the door without saying she loves me.......Makes me wonder really why I'm such a grumpy git! Grin

Ade

ianrobinson
ianrobinson e2 Member 41107 forum postsianrobinson vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
23 Nov 2011 - 9:47 AM

A difficult question as i have been happy pretty much all my life other than 2 dark occasions in my mid life.
Even when I had no job, prospects or money I was still happy I have always tried new things and always will.
I am happier now having much more knowledge of the world and people and I shall carry on being happy as I understand more and more.
I have a wonderful family and a wonderful Business not really too much to grumble about Smile.
The only things in life that makes me unhappy is people, not all people of course but some, you know the ones, the ones that live to try and make you unhappy i'll make a list so you know who i mean.

1 government and the way they tax us and lie to us.
2 utility companies like the broadband companies who make you phone them 5-10 times before they even think about actually helping you with your measly less than 2 meg downnload speed when you are paying 35.00 per month for a 20 meg download speed. whilst they are "happy" to take your money but they won't give you the product, is that not paramount to fraud.?
3 people that lie because they are so weak they cannot tell the truth.
4 people who are nasty to children, paedophiles and murderers that type. in my opinion they should be hung or stoned by the general public of mums and dads who care about the children.
In fact that should be number one.
5 people who think they are above the Law and make us who do abide by the Law pay, Insurance companies are superb at this.

There are many more, quite frankly it is difficult to be happy in a world like this but the only thing I can do is try to limit watching News and concentrate on my family and make our lives a happy one with what I have also having hobbies works for me and the business of course.

GrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrin

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014736 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
23 Nov 2011 - 9:48 AM

they said the 70's were the happiest on the show - something to look forward to

my 6th form days were amazing - not because of working my tits off doing A-levels, but the long summers working on farms, throwing bales of hay around at every farm I could, being anchor man on a half cecent tog-o-war team for 4 years and travelling all over the north doing that, then going to the parties afterwards...

kombizz
kombizz  9591 forum posts United States1 Constructive Critique Points
23 Nov 2011 - 11:32 AM

The day I retired with no money to spend on any photography stuff anymore!

strawman
strawman  1022002 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
23 Nov 2011 - 1:59 PM

Personal happiness for me is about now in my life so far, mid 40's. Life has taught me to take pleasure in simpler things and worry less about the future and what the rest of the world thinks, so probably the most settled I have ever been.

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014736 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
23 Nov 2011 - 2:10 PM

that's what the guitarist in my band says - he loved his 40's

30's is wierd decade - like a gradual wake up call.. things like mortality and how you spend your time become more important... then again, I did spend a lot of it in Mint/Speedqueen/Basics/Federation/Glasshouse/Orbit/Up Yer Ronson/Hard Times etc. so maybe not the best investment in time, but boy was it fun Wink

JJGEE
JJGEE  96223 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
23 Nov 2011 - 2:22 PM

The years 17 to 21 whilst at College & University were quite good Smile

The years 30 to 40 when I went skiing 2 / 3 times a season, week-end breaks in places such as Madrid, Zurich & Reykjavk.

This year has also been quite good ... been on a couple of expeditions to the Isle Of Wight & New Forest ... certainly made a pleasant change form Brighton ! !

Zatoichi
Zatoichi  5707 forum posts United Kingdom
23 Nov 2011 - 3:06 PM

In Utero Tongue

Nah, its pretty good now - early 40's. While we all need to go through youth, ego, hedonism etc the great thing is you never stop learning and filtering out the bullsh*t becomes easier with experience (although it's also easier to forgive or, forget). Having a solid group of friends and family is helpful Grin

My only gripe is no longer having a body that's made of rubber! Injuries and all of the old niggles come back to haunt you and take longer to go away Sad

But on the whole, its currently splendid Grin

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.