Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Attempting to design a website via foliopic

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Geraint
Geraint  8715 forum posts Wales34 Constructive Critique Points
21 Jan 2010 - 9:02 PM

Getting the hang of it now. Not sure if this is an issue with just me, but when I go through the photos in an album (when viewing my site), with photos in landscape or square format the arrows either side of the photo can be seen in their entirety, but if a photo is in portrait format the arrows are half obscured.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
21 Jan 2010 - 9:02 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
21 Jan 2010 - 9:07 PM

I'll ask the guys to look at adding a one picture box option. I guess it would be good if that could be added as a single large image to fill the pager or smaller for a side box. Usually anything requested can be added, but some things may take longer than others.

Geraint
21 Jan 2010 - 9:07 PM

Me again. Does foliopic resize the photos during upload? Or is it best to do it in Photoshop?

Geraint
21 Jan 2010 - 9:09 PM

Thanks Pete. I actually like the 'fade up' of the slideshow photo though...Also, just thinking about the way I use Photium, will you be incorporating the inability to right-click a photo for protection?

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
21 Jan 2010 - 9:10 PM

Yes it does resize...do a test on one first..you can always delete if you're not happy...to make sure the resize does a job good enough for you. If not use your own resize program to get them smaller before upload. This makes more sense if you're uploading many as the time taken to upload will increase dramatically with larger files.
Quote: will you be incorporating the inability to right-click a photo for protection?

We've never been bothered about that because you can easily turn of javascript to then right click, or just screen grab and use the copy. We have a copyright option which is the better option as that needs some serious cloning to nick pics...if that's a worry. I've never bothered...suddenly I hear voices saying no one would want to nick my pics Wink

Last Modified By Pete at 21 Jan 2010 - 9:12 PM
Geraint
21 Jan 2010 - 9:16 PM

Thanks - yes I thought so as upload times are really slow on high-res photos. A la Columbo - "one more thing..." - will it be possible to create sub-groups of albums? It's just that I find it useful to have on portfolio which contains all of my private client portfolios, to keep them separate from my other portfolios.

Geraint
21 Jan 2010 - 9:19 PM

Ah, I didn;t realise the javascript thing. Just thought it might deter the casual thief...Cheers

Pete
21 Jan 2010 - 9:20 PM

Not quite sure why you'd need that. Each album can be password protected for different clients. Send them a link to the one you want them to view and only they can see it.

Geraint
21 Jan 2010 - 9:25 PM

But on the photos page of the website the client portfolios would appear next to other, more general ones. Although only the clients could actually see the photos within them, they would all still appear in the same place wouldn't they? By having sub-portfolios I for example would have one portfolio for portraits and one for actors headshots (showcasing my work within them), then one called "Client portfolios" containing individual client portfolios. I just thought it would make the gallery area look neater.

Pete
21 Jan 2010 - 9:29 PM

No your private ones are just that...private...you can send a link and the password to your client...they click the lnk and see just the album you want them to see.

Example RUST ignore the pics they're rubbish they were just used to test the system.
The password's rust.

Don't forget it's also worth adding a header to you ePHOTOzine profile as this becomes automatically linked to the foliopic site.

Last Modified By Pete at 21 Jan 2010 - 9:31 PM
Geraint
21 Jan 2010 - 10:15 PM

Ah I see. I didn't realise that the private albums would actually be invisible. I thought they'd still appear in the gallery section. That's good to know. I'll play some more now tomorrow. If I did decide to switch is it relatively painless to swap over the domain name, and would the switch affect the placings in search engines at all?
Thanks for all your help Pete - I really appreciate it.
Geraint

Pete
21 Jan 2010 - 10:23 PM

Quote: If I did decide to switch is it relatively painless to swap over the domain name,

Yes that's painless.

Quote: and would the switch affect the placings in search engines at all?

That's hard to say... if everything you do is the same there's no reason why, but Google SEO can be a black art...and changes they're making currently could affect all web sites, making future SEO less possible to predict.

Geraint
21 Jan 2010 - 10:25 PM

Okey doke. Thanks Pete. And one last question: do you ever sleep? Smile

Pete
21 Jan 2010 - 10:26 PM

Quote: And one last question: do you ever sleep?

It's been known Wink

MikeRC
MikeRC e2 Member 93496 forum postsMikeRC vcard United Kingdom
21 Jan 2010 - 11:55 PM

Quote: I'll be around to help if you get stuck

...well you've got my address Pete, just ring before you set off.

....Mike

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.