Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Attn: Wedding Photographers

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

50% OFF new PortraitPro 12, plus EXTRA 5% OFF code EPHZROS414
Consulo
Consulo  9762 forum posts Scotland9 Constructive Critique Points
26 Jan 2012 - 4:01 PM

Just had my attention drawn to this on twitter. I'll let you form your own opinions:

WHY is finding an amazing wedding photographer so difficult? :/

I am a Bride who is getting married this summer and have yet to find a decently priced, exceptional, amazingly talented, fun photographer.

WHY because the word "WEDDING" is involved photographers think they can change you $ 3,000.00 for wedding photos? Oh, because no bride is going to go without so they are going to pay it, because they HAVE to. They are ripping people off for all they have! Why when you want to get married it costs you AT LEAST 15 grand after all is said-and-done? Its such CRAP!! I love all you $ 3,000.00 photographers out there but i think your prices are WACK. All your doing is hanging out at a wedding taking tons of photos and editing them.. and thats owrth 3 GRAND!!! You're making so much money its crazy. I just wish people would be more realistic. I mean the "average" persons salary for 1 freaking month is somewhere around 3 grand. (Thats making 19$ an hour) So you're going to take someones WHOLE MONTH paycheck for one flippen day of photos? Just because you CAN!!?????? So that maybe they will not be able to feed themselves or pay any other bills they have, right? It makes me SICK!

I know im speaking for more than just myself right now. Alot of brides out there think the same thing. & I bet all you fancy photographers wont even read this. oh-well.
Maybe there are cheaper photographers that will read this and LOVE to take my photos Smile

The original craigslist link: click me

Last Modified By Consulo at 26 Jan 2012 - 4:02 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
26 Jan 2012 - 4:01 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

whipspeed
whipspeed e2 Member 94035 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
26 Jan 2012 - 4:06 PM

Quote: All your doing is hanging out at a wedding taking tons of photos and editing them

Sigh, most people just don't get it do they.

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 813402 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
26 Jan 2012 - 4:10 PM

class bird....Tongue
send her James.

Last Modified By Coleslaw at 26 Jan 2012 - 4:10 PM
Carrera_c
Carrera_c  4244 forum posts United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
26 Jan 2012 - 4:11 PM

Quote: Sigh, most people just don't get it do they.

+1

Just Jas
Just Jas  1225719 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
26 Jan 2012 - 4:11 PM

The day's bad enough - without having photos of it!!! WinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWink

collywobles
26 Jan 2012 - 4:30 PM

adrian_w
adrian_w e2 Member 63201 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
26 Jan 2012 - 4:35 PM

Quote: All your doing is hanging out at a wedding taking tons of photos and editing them

Trouble is there's a lot of brides think that way. Does anyone ever sit down with them & explain exactly what that $3000 is for? I bet a a lot don't.

Just Jas
26 Jan 2012 - 4:39 PM

Would be worth all the money if we got a nice picture of the Mother-in-Law to hang up on the bedroom wall, just above the head board.

The Sword of Damocles ! Wink

Some people just don't get it!!Grin

mikehit
mikehit e2 Member 45782 forum postsmikehit vcard United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
26 Jan 2012 - 4:43 PM

Look, my uncle Harry took his camera (which only cost 500) to my cousin Barbara's wedding and he took 800 shots in an hour. And they were on facebook by 7 that evening. You can use your camera at the next wedding you do so what's the big deal...?

is there an 'irony' smiley?

Last Modified By mikehit at 26 Jan 2012 - 4:43 PM
janeez
janeez e2 Member 51147 forum postsjaneez vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
26 Jan 2012 - 4:45 PM

Quote: I am a Bride who is getting married this summer and have yet to find a decently priced, exceptional, amazingly talented, fun photographer.

Whoever ends up with this one is in for a good time! You can bet she will complain about everything!
They are just not worth the hassle.

Reminds me of a wedding I happened to see as I was walking past a local church, thankfully not one I had to photograph.
All the guests were outside the church lined up for a group shot, B&G in the middle, all looking good. Exasperated photographer then shouts out,

"For Gods sake you miserable lot it's a wedding, if you don't smile for this one I'm going Home!!!"

Well he made me smile at least! Grin

Last Modified By janeez at 26 Jan 2012 - 4:48 PM
Just Jas
26 Jan 2012 - 4:49 PM

"For Gods sake you miserable lot it's a wedding..."

Directed at the Groom's party? WinkWinkWink

janeez
janeez e2 Member 51147 forum postsjaneez vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
26 Jan 2012 - 4:54 PM

Quote: Directed at the Groom's party?

GrinGrinGrin

pulsar69
pulsar69  91611 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
26 Jan 2012 - 5:01 PM

The words 'decently priced, exceptional and amazingly talented photographer' dont actually fit together in any sentence other than one that ends with 'who also has a day job and can afford to do your wedding on the cheap, isnt insured and doesnt have that much experience'

cameracat
cameracat  108575 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
26 Jan 2012 - 5:18 PM

Quote: The words 'decently priced, exceptional and amazingly talented photographer' dont actually fit together in any sentence

LOL Smile Thats was my thoughts too.....Grin

It seems to me that this " Bridezilla " actually wants a classy photographer, But does not want to pay classy photographers money.....!

Whats the problem....Sad All she needs to do, Is find a photographer/s with lower price lists, They might not be classy, But she will get what she pays for.....Grin

Today it seems that everyone wants a " Mercedes Benz " But they only want to pay a " Lada/Skoda " price for it......!!!

Pay " Peanuts " You get Monkeys.......Simples....Wink

pulsar69
pulsar69  91611 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
26 Jan 2012 - 5:26 PM

Peanuts and Monkeys lol , we have a place near me called Hartlepool infamously linked to the monkey ( google monkey hanger hartlepool ) and all the wedding togs who come from their are monkeys ! some cheap and some not so cheap ...

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.