Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Aviemore

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Sooty_1
Sooty_1 Critique Team 41197 forum posts United Kingdom198 Constructive Critique Points
3 Nov 2012 - 9:27 PM

Depends on your willingness to walk as well. As mentioned Rothiemurchus is right nearby, and there's forest, water and mountains all together. From there, a bit of a walk into the Lairig Ghru and you have Ben Macdui (2nd highest mountain after Ben Nevis) on one side, and CairnToul, Braeriach, Angels Peak and several other top Munros on the other. Quite a walk though, and best combined with a night at Corrour Bothy (if you are hardy enough!), though the scenery is spectacular...rivers, corries, waterfalls, glacial features, stunning mountains, and hopefully the weather to go with it!

If the weather is good, on the way down I think you can see clear to the Moray Firth and Sutherland beyond.

It's a lot of effort, but most of the spectacular places are not shot from the roadside.

Nick

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
3 Nov 2012 - 9:27 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Louise_Morris
Louise_Morris e2 Member 42310 forum postsLouise_Morris vcard England
5 Nov 2012 - 10:41 AM

Thank you all very much for your ideas - not sure that I will get to do them all but I am most appreciative of your info.

Sorry I haven't been back on here before now but I have been laid up over the weekend with the most horrendous cold I have ever had!! Can't wait for Friday to come and I can go away!

You may even get to see the fruits of my labours in a couple of weeks!

Many thanks again,

Lou

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.