Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Aviemore

Sooty_1 4 1.3k 203 United Kingdom
3 Nov 2012 9:27PM
Depends on your willingness to walk as well. As mentioned Rothiemurchus is right nearby, and there's forest, water and mountains all together. From there, a bit of a walk into the Lairig Ghru and you have Ben Macdui (2nd highest mountain after Ben Nevis) on one side, and CairnToul, Braeriach, Angels Peak and several other top Munros on the other. Quite a walk though, and best combined with a night at Corrour Bothy (if you are hardy enough!), though the scenery is spectacular...rivers, corries, waterfalls, glacial features, stunning mountains, and hopefully the weather to go with it!

If the weather is good, on the way down I think you can see clear to the Moray Firth and Sutherland beyond.

It's a lot of effort, but most of the spectacular places are not shot from the roadside.

Nick

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

5 Nov 2012 10:41AM
Thank you all very much for your ideas - not sure that I will get to do them all but I am most appreciative of your info.

Sorry I haven't been back on here before now but I have been laid up over the weekend with the most horrendous cold I have ever had!! Can't wait for Friday to come and I can go away!

You may even get to see the fruits of my labours in a couple of weeks!

Many thanks again,

Lou

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.