Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Awarded Photos

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Lowestoftis
20 Sep 2012 - 1:39 PM

I know this has been discussed many times on here, but I just couldn't stop myself from posting again after taking a look in the Awarded Photos section. It has gone "Photoshop Crazy". Why not just have a separate section called "Digitally Manipulated to Within and Inch of its Life". Not very catchy is it. How about "Snap Away at Anything Because it will be Alright When I Get back to the Computer". That's not very catchy either. Sorry.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
20 Sep 2012 - 1:39 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
20 Sep 2012 - 1:47 PM

looks balanced to me...i'd just say you need to embrace the future!
Look at the music world it's the same. Modern music is created using Logic (Photoshop equivalent) There's still room for traditional music created using violins and cellos etc, but there's also plenty made using synthesised sounds. Room for everyone and everything.

The trouble is there's fewer traditional photographers uploaded traditional photos, but when they do and they upload great pictures their efforts are rewarded. Remove your crap-tinted glasses and you will see a lot of greater minimal Photoshopped award winning photos.

Last Modified By Pete at 20 Sep 2012 - 1:47 PM
snapbandit
snapbandit  102205 forum posts Northern Ireland3 Constructive Critique Points
20 Sep 2012 - 1:47 PM

Runs out to get more popcorn!!..........GrinGrin

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
20 Sep 2012 - 1:48 PM

My heart sank when I saw the title thread ................. but then I quite literally LOL'd ! Grin

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
20 Sep 2012 - 1:48 PM

Quote: Remove your crap-tinted glasses

LOL...... #PeteIsALegend GrinGrinGrinGrinGrin

Lowestoftis
20 Sep 2012 - 1:55 PM

Quote: Looks balanced to me...i'd just say you need to embrace the future!
Look at the music world it's the same. Modern music is created using Logic (Photoshop equivalent) There's still room for traditional music created using violins and cellos etc, but there's also plenty made using synthesised sounds. Room for everyone and everything.

The trouble is there's fewer traditional photographers uploaded traditional photos, but when they do and they upload great pictures their efforts are rewarded. Remove your crap-tinted glasses and you will see a lot of greater minimal Photoshopped award winning photos.

I think you will find that synthesised music was bigger in the 1970s and 1980s than it is today, thank God. If you honestly feel that the Awarded Photos section "Looks balanced" it's not me that needs to remove his "crap-tinted glasses".

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012601 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
20 Sep 2012 - 2:00 PM

Bit of deja vu http://www.ephotozine.com/forums/topic/editors-choice-gallery-96531

Wink

Last Modified By answersonapostcard at 20 Sep 2012 - 2:00 PM
Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
20 Sep 2012 - 2:00 PM

In all honesty, I have just looked at the first page of Awarded Photos. They do look pretty balanced to me too.

Wait, I will go remove my crap tinted glasses first. Nope, still look balanced to me.....Smile

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
20 Sep 2012 - 2:12 PM

Quote: I think you will find that synthesised music was bigger in the 1970s and 1980s than it is today, thank

I think you don't know. The synthesised music of the 80s was the obvious Photoshopped stuff. Today voices, timings etc are all pulled into place to give probably 90% off the top 20s quality recordings. The days of bands playing and recording as they sound passed years ago.
So you may not think it's "Photoshopped" but it's well and truly been cooked.

Quote: If you honestly feel that the Awarded Photos section "Looks balanced" it's not me that needs to remove his "crap-tinted glasses".

Quote: In all honesty, I have just looked at the first page of Awarded Photos. They do look pretty balanced to me too.

Exactly

Interestingly a look at your portfolio reveals you appear to like to digital manipulations so I'm not really sure what your issue is?

Last Modified By Pete at 20 Sep 2012 - 2:14 PM
Jestertheclown
20 Sep 2012 - 2:19 PM

I've just clicked on 'awarded photos' (there seems to be only one page) and I'd guess at least half of them have been fairly seriously worked upon. Some very seriously but I guess that's the way it is these days.
As for modern "music." Anyone who honestly thinks more than 0.0001% of it's any good must be wearing 'crap tinted earphones.'

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014128 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
20 Sep 2012 - 2:23 PM

Quote: I've just clicked on 'awarded photos' (there seems to be only one page)

Nope - I got a pager up the top that seems to work OK:

63-capture.jpg

Coleslaw
20 Sep 2012 - 2:25 PM

Quote: I've just clicked on 'awarded photos' (there seems to be only one page) and I'd guess at least half of them have been fairly seriously worked upon. Some very seriously but I guess that's the way it is these days.

Can't agree to that. Out of 60 photos (15 rows x 4 each rows), I counted less than 25 been seriously shopped.

Last Modified By Coleslaw at 20 Sep 2012 - 2:25 PM
Jestertheclown
20 Sep 2012 - 2:30 PM

Hi Chris,
I'd got that but there was only one page, displaying five images.
Now there are two, each displaying five images.
Perhaps I somehow missed the second one.
Either way, the ratio of seriously and very seriously photoshopped, as opposed to (apparently) left-alone images is about the same.

Edit: I know what's going on! My galleries are set up to be viewed beginning with the oldest first. If I change it to show the newest first, there's more.

Last Modified By Jestertheclown at 20 Sep 2012 - 2:33 PM
lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014128 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
20 Sep 2012 - 2:43 PM

Quote: Edit: I know what's going on! My galleries are set up to be viewed beginning with the oldest first. If I change it to show the newest first, there's more.

hurrah Smile

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
20 Sep 2012 - 2:45 PM

Quote: Interestingly a look at your portfolio reveals you appear to like to digital manipulations so I'm not really sure what your issue is?

Not enough awards? Wink

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.