Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Awarded Photos

Lowestoftis 4 33 3
20 Sep 2012 1:39PM
I know this has been discussed many times on here, but I just couldn't stop myself from posting again after taking a look in the Awarded Photos section. It has gone "Photoshop Crazy". Why not just have a separate section called "Digitally Manipulated to Within and Inch of its Life". Not very catchy is it. How about "Snap Away at Anything Because it will be Alright When I Get back to the Computer". That's not very catchy either. Sorry.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
20 Sep 2012 1:47PM
looks balanced to me...i'd just say you need to embrace the future!
Look at the music world it's the same. Modern music is created using Logic (Photoshop equivalent) There's still room for traditional music created using violins and cellos etc, but there's also plenty made using synthesised sounds. Room for everyone and everything.

The trouble is there's fewer traditional photographers uploaded traditional photos, but when they do and they upload great pictures their efforts are rewarded. Remove your crap-tinted glasses and you will see a lot of greater minimal Photoshopped award winning photos.
snapbandit 10 2.2k 3 Northern Ireland
20 Sep 2012 1:47PM
Runs out to get more popcorn!!..........GrinGrin
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
20 Sep 2012 1:48PM
My heart sank when I saw the title thread ................. but then I quite literally LOL'd ! Grin
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
20 Sep 2012 1:48PM

Quote:Remove your crap-tinted glasses

LOL...... #PeteIsALegend GrinGrinGrinGrinGrin
Lowestoftis 4 33 3
20 Sep 2012 1:55PM

Quote:Looks balanced to me...i'd just say you need to embrace the future!
Look at the music world it's the same. Modern music is created using Logic (Photoshop equivalent) There's still room for traditional music created using violins and cellos etc, but there's also plenty made using synthesised sounds. Room for everyone and everything.

The trouble is there's fewer traditional photographers uploaded traditional photos, but when they do and they upload great pictures their efforts are rewarded. Remove your crap-tinted glasses and you will see a lot of greater minimal Photoshopped award winning photos.

I think you will find that synthesised music was bigger in the 1970s and 1980s than it is today, thank God. If you honestly feel that the Awarded Photos section "Looks balanced" it's not me that needs to remove his "crap-tinted glasses".
answersonapostcard e2
10 12.7k 15 United Kingdom
20 Sep 2012 2:00PM
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
20 Sep 2012 2:00PM
In all honesty, I have just looked at the first page of Awarded Photos. They do look pretty balanced to me too.

Wait, I will go remove my crap tinted glasses first. Nope, still look balanced to me.....Smile
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
20 Sep 2012 2:12PM

Quote:I think you will find that synthesised music was bigger in the 1970s and 1980s than it is today, thank

I think you don't know. The synthesised music of the 80s was the obvious Photoshopped stuff. Today voices, timings etc are all pulled into place to give probably 90% off the top 20s quality recordings. The days of bands playing and recording as they sound passed years ago.
So you may not think it's "Photoshopped" but it's well and truly been cooked.

Quote:If you honestly feel that the Awarded Photos section "Looks balanced" it's not me that needs to remove his "crap-tinted glasses".

Quote:In all honesty, I have just looked at the first page of Awarded Photos. They do look pretty balanced to me too.

Exactly

Interestingly a look at your portfolio reveals you appear to like to digital manipulations so I'm not really sure what your issue is?
Jestertheclown 6 6.6k 242 England
20 Sep 2012 2:19PM
I've just clicked on 'awarded photos' (there seems to be only one page) and I'd guess at least half of them have been fairly seriously worked upon. Some very seriously but I guess that's the way it is these days.
As for modern "music." Anyone who honestly thinks more than 0.0001% of it's any good must be wearing 'crap tinted earphones.'
lobsterboy e2
11 14.3k 13 United Kingdom
20 Sep 2012 2:23PM

Quote:I've just clicked on 'awarded photos' (there seems to be only one page)

Nope - I got a pager up the top that seems to work OK:

63-capture.jpg

Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
20 Sep 2012 2:25PM

Quote:I've just clicked on 'awarded photos' (there seems to be only one page) and I'd guess at least half of them have been fairly seriously worked upon. Some very seriously but I guess that's the way it is these days.

Can't agree to that. Out of 60 photos (15 rows x 4 each rows), I counted less than 25 been seriously shopped.
Jestertheclown 6 6.6k 242 England
20 Sep 2012 2:30PM
Hi Chris,
I'd got that but there was only one page, displaying five images.
Now there are two, each displaying five images.
Perhaps I somehow missed the second one.
Either way, the ratio of seriously and very seriously photoshopped, as opposed to (apparently) left-alone images is about the same.

Edit: I know what's going on! My galleries are set up to be viewed beginning with the oldest first. If I change it to show the newest first, there's more.
lobsterboy e2
11 14.3k 13 United Kingdom
20 Sep 2012 2:43PM

Quote:Edit: I know what's going on! My galleries are set up to be viewed beginning with the oldest first. If I change it to show the newest first, there's more.

hurrah Smile
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
20 Sep 2012 2:45PM

Quote:Interestingly a look at your portfolio reveals you appear to like to digital manipulations so I'm not really sure what your issue is?

Not enough awards? Wink

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.