Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Awarded Photos

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Jestertheclown
20 Sep 2012 - 2:45 PM

Just had another go, now that I've worked out how to and over 96 (4x24 images) I'd say there are about 30 that have been fairly heavily breathed upon, about 10 that have been obviously but not excessively breathed upon and quite a number of others that show minor signs that something's been done.
So, looking at the same images (presumably) as you Cole, we seem to reach pretty much the same conclusion.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
20 Sep 2012 - 2:45 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315486 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
20 Sep 2012 - 2:49 PM

Quote: I've just clicked on 'awarded photos' (there seems to be only one page) and I'd guess at least half of them have been fairly seriously worked upon. Some very seriously but I guess that's the way it is these days

Yep your probably right, a few cooked landscapes and a few digitally manipulated art works, but does it really matter.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139499 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
20 Sep 2012 - 2:54 PM

Quote: but does it really matter

That's never stopped a multi-page argument on EPZ ! Grin Grin

Lowestoftis
20 Sep 2012 - 3:47 PM

This one really takes the biscuit. http://www.ephotozine.com/photo/contemplation-27203897 I'm off to pastures less photoshopped. Bye all.

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
20 Sep 2012 - 3:50 PM

Bye.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318450 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
20 Sep 2012 - 3:58 PM

You link to a fabulous creation by a very talented artist...we allow digital manipulation creations and this is one of the finer ones. I hope you find your utopia. Incidentally many camera clubs had the same attitude for a number of years - I believe most have now embraced digital, but all good ones also have room for all kinds of photographers / genres Smile

Last Modified By Pete at 20 Sep 2012 - 3:58 PM
answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012607 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
20 Sep 2012 - 4:04 PM

I wish people would read the about me page instead of just slagging someones work off without knowing them.

http://www.ephotozine.com/user/ryuneo-31643/about

whipspeed
whipspeed e2 Member 104044 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
20 Sep 2012 - 4:31 PM

Well, just gave my specs a good clean off to make sure there was no crap filter stuck on there and went for a wander round the awards galleries. All they proved to me was that there was a good mix of traditional and Digital art work there. Also proves there is some great work still being posted on EPZ and that it is being recognised.

All I can say is Byeeee and good luck in finding your utopia.

Cephus
Cephus  92128 forum posts England
20 Sep 2012 - 4:31 PM

Quote: This one really takes the biscuit. http://www.ephotozine.com/photo/contemplation-27203897 I'm off to pastures less photoshopped. Bye all.

Good Bloody Riddance!!

puertouk
puertouk  31076 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
20 Sep 2012 - 4:34 PM

I've had a quick look and from what I've seen, there are a lot of images heavily Photoshoped. Hey, I think some of these people are not photographers, but artists. The way they can manipulate a photograph into a work of art is amazing and they are very clever people and deserve all the credit they ge, a lot of the time not enought. A lot of hard work and time goes into their work. Don't forget, a photographer will take a shot, tweak it a little in Photoshop and hey presto they have finished. These other people will spend hours working on their images.
Stephen

ChrisStyles
ChrisStyles e2 Member 6381 forum postsChrisStyles vcard United Kingdom
20 Sep 2012 - 4:55 PM

Quote: I've had a quick look and from what I've seen, there are a lot of images heavily Photoshoped. Hey, I think some of these people are not photographers, but artists. The way they can manipulate a photograph into a work of art is amazing and they are very clever people and deserve all the credit they ge, a lot of the time not enought. A lot of hard work and time goes into their work. Don't forget, a photographer will take a shot, tweak it a little in Photoshop and hey presto they have finished. These other people will spend hours working on their images.
Stephen

Well said...wish I could do a bit of that with Photoshop!!

Quote: I wish people would read the about me page instead of just slagging someones work off without knowing them.

http://www.ephotozine.com/user/ryuneo-31643/about

Simply amazing workSmile

lawbert
lawbert  71714 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
20 Sep 2012 - 5:15 PM

Its not an awarded image but one from the Junior Gallery TeamTongue
Unreal beyond belief with no exif and an explanation of post processing...copters still proper unsharp all the same...I guess its etiquette to say LOL!!

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114521 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
20 Sep 2012 - 5:28 PM

That's it......I've finally lost the will to live.....

Ade Sad.......

Whose now placing loaded gun to head and is about to pull the trigger!.....On the otherhand think I'll hit the hide thread button Tongue

NeilS
NeilS e2 Member 7884 forum postsNeilS vcard United Kingdom
20 Sep 2012 - 5:39 PM

Lets not forget the old (new) processing adage

"If your pic isn't upto scratch, monochrome it, if it still no good, DM it"

Works all the time for me, and I will now go lie low

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139499 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
20 Sep 2012 - 6:40 PM

Quote: Its not an awarded image but one from the Junior Gallery TeamTongue
Unreal beyond belief with no exif and an explanation of post processing...copters still proper unsharp all the same...I guess its etiquette to say LOL!!

You're quite right - it is a bit unsharp. I posted a (technically) better one here, but the trails from the blades are not quite as nice. No post processing other than normal RAW conversion and sharpening. Smile

Quote: If your pic isn't upto scratch, monochrome it, if it still no good, DM it

DM? Deutschmark?

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.