Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

  • NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here


Awarded Photos


Jestertheclown 6 6.6k 242 England
20 Sep 2012 2:45PM
Just had another go, now that I've worked out how to and over 96 (4x24 images) I'd say there are about 30 that have been fairly heavily breathed upon, about 10 that have been obviously but not excessively breathed upon and quite a number of others that show minor signs that something's been done.
So, looking at the same images (presumably) as you Cole, we seem to reach pretty much the same conclusion.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
20 Sep 2012 2:49PM

Quote:I've just clicked on 'awarded photos' (there seems to be only one page) and I'd guess at least half of them have been fairly seriously worked upon. Some very seriously but I guess that's the way it is these days


Yep your probably right, a few cooked landscapes and a few digitally manipulated art works, but does it really matter.
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
20 Sep 2012 2:54PM

Quote:but does it really matter


That's never stopped a multi-page argument on EPZ ! Grin Grin
Lowestoftis 4 33 3
20 Sep 2012 3:47PM
This one really takes the biscuit. http://www.ephotozine.com/photo/contemplation-27203897 I'm off to pastures less photoshopped. Bye all.
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
20 Sep 2012 3:50PM
Bye.
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
20 Sep 2012 3:58PM
You link to a fabulous creation by a very talented artist...we allow digital manipulation creations and this is one of the finer ones. I hope you find your utopia. Incidentally many camera clubs had the same attitude for a number of years - I believe most have now embraced digital, but all good ones also have room for all kinds of photographers / genres Smile
answersonapostcard e2
10 12.7k 15 United Kingdom
20 Sep 2012 4:04PM
I wish people would read the about me page instead of just slagging someones work off without knowing them.

http://www.ephotozine.com/user/ryuneo-31643/about
.
whipspeed e2
10 4.1k 22 United Kingdom
20 Sep 2012 4:31PM
Well, just gave my specs a good clean off to make sure there was no crap filter stuck on there and went for a wander round the awards galleries. All they proved to me was that there was a good mix of traditional and Digital art work there. Also proves there is some great work still being posted on EPZ and that it is being recognised.

All I can say is Byeeee and good luck in finding your utopia.
Cephus e2
10 2.2k England
20 Sep 2012 4:31PM

Quote:This one really takes the biscuit. http://www.ephotozine.com/photo/contemplation-27203897 I'm off to pastures less photoshopped. Bye all.


Good Bloody Riddance!!
puertouk 3 1.1k 17 United Kingdom
20 Sep 2012 4:34PM
I've had a quick look and from what I've seen, there are a lot of images heavily Photoshoped. Hey, I think some of these people are not photographers, but artists. The way they can manipulate a photograph into a work of art is amazing and they are very clever people and deserve all the credit they ge, a lot of the time not enought. A lot of hard work and time goes into their work. Don't forget, a photographer will take a shot, tweak it a little in Photoshop and hey presto they have finished. These other people will spend hours working on their images.
Stephen
20 Sep 2012 4:55PM

Quote:I've had a quick look and from what I've seen, there are a lot of images heavily Photoshoped. Hey, I think some of these people are not photographers, but artists. The way they can manipulate a photograph into a work of art is amazing and they are very clever people and deserve all the credit they ge, a lot of the time not enought. A lot of hard work and time goes into their work. Don't forget, a photographer will take a shot, tweak it a little in Photoshop and hey presto they have finished. These other people will spend hours working on their images.
Stephen



Well said...wish I could do a bit of that with Photoshop!!


Quote:I wish people would read the about me page instead of just slagging someones work off without knowing them.

http://www.ephotozine.com/user/ryuneo-31643/about
.



Simply amazing workSmile
lawbert 7 1.8k 15 England
20 Sep 2012 5:15PM
Ade_Osman e2
11 4.5k 36 England
20 Sep 2012 5:28PM
That's it......I've finally lost the will to live.....

Ade Sad.......

Whose now placing loaded gun to head and is about to pull the trigger!.....On the otherhand think I'll hit the hide thread button Tongue
NeilS e2
7 940 United Kingdom
20 Sep 2012 5:39PM
Lets not forget the old (new) processing adage

"If your pic isn't upto scratch, monochrome it, if it still no good, DM it"

Works all the time for me, and I will now go lie low
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
20 Sep 2012 6:40PM

Quote:Its not an awarded image but one from the Junior Gallery TeamTongue
Unreal beyond belief with no exif and an explanation of post processing...copters still proper unsharp all the same...I guess its etiquette to say LOL!!



You're quite right - it is a bit unsharp. I posted a (technically) better one here , but the trails from the blades are not quite as nice. No post processing other than normal RAW conversion and sharpening. Smile


Quote:If your pic isn't upto scratch, monochrome it, if it still no good, DM it


DM? Deutschmark?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.