Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Awarded Photos

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 54168 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
20 Sep 2012 - 7:52 PM

Quote: If your pic isn't upto scratch, monochrome it, if it still no good, DM it

DM? Deutschmark?

Designated Marksman. military marksman role in a U.S. infantry squad. The DM's role is to supply rapid accurate fire on enemy targets at ranges up to 870 yds with a highly-accurate semi-automatic rifle equipped with a telescopic sight.

There've been a few pics on here I'd like to have done that to. Wink

Last Modified By SlowSong at 20 Sep 2012 - 7:52 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
20 Sep 2012 - 7:52 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Nick_w
Nick_w e2 Member 73801 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
20 Sep 2012 - 9:13 PM

At least that chip on the shoulder is consistent.

(click on topics created link) although looking at the OPs PF I would suspect a frustration in not been able to create some of the great DMs we see on here.

Last Modified By Nick_w at 20 Sep 2012 - 9:16 PM
ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014708 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
20 Sep 2012 - 10:45 PM

If you think DM's a "problem" on here, check out 500px or pixoto.... you'll not see a natural eye in any of the awards areas

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314804 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
20 Sep 2012 - 10:49 PM

Ade any site would be a very dull place without a little DM Smile

ade_mcfade
20 Sep 2012 - 10:58 PM

is that actually true? Wink

ade_mcfade
20 Sep 2012 - 10:58 PM

Guess the news would be boring without a few deaths to report Wink

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314804 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
20 Sep 2012 - 11:08 PM

Not quite the same is it Ade.

A good 90% of awarded images will have some form of manipulation, without it landscapes and the like will not get a look in.

The award gallery would contain nothing but birds on sticks Smile

Don`t get me wrong, manipulation is good in my book.

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110149 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
21 Sep 2012 - 5:11 PM

Quote: The award gallery would contain nothing but birds on sticks

And what's wrong with that may I ask! Wink

Paul Morgan
21 Sep 2012 - 8:02 PM

Nothing at all Smile

Lowestoftis
23 Sep 2012 - 6:36 PM

Has anyone at ephotozine thought about having an award section just for photographs. I mean for people who just point their camera and click the shutter. I know this sounds old fashioned, but with the upsurge in popularity in vinyl records, and people looking to get back into the dark art of darkroom processing maybe this might not be as stupid as it sounds. The internet is now overloaded with images that have been manipulated, some look amazing, but most, including the ones seen on here have all been done before (although they still get awards). If Alexander Rodchenko had uploaded his photographs on ephotozine he would have been lucky if he got a vote, let alone an award, so I really think that the people given the task of awarding "Photographs" should have some idea of what a photograph looks like.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 54168 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
23 Sep 2012 - 6:41 PM

How would you know if something had been manipulated? Sometimes work is so subtle and clever that it looks real.

Lowestoftis
23 Sep 2012 - 6:53 PM

I'm old, but I still have a brain Slowsong, so thankfully I can still tell the difference between photography and bullshit (digital art).

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318430 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
23 Sep 2012 - 6:56 PM

Having been involved in photography for over 30 years and in that time judging print competitions of the old darkroom world, been involved in the competition element of the leading traditional photography magazines and having used every film format from 110 to 10x8 I think I have some idea of what a photograph looks like.

Lowestoftis
23 Sep 2012 - 7:08 PM

Pete I really don't think you have a clue what real photography looks like. There are photographs posted on here that are frankly incredible (not mine) and they are completley ignored in favour of some image that has been engineered to look good by the use of some fancy software. Employ a proper photographer to look through the images and they might spot class. On a personal note I'm starting to take photographs using glass plates, with a 10 second exposure it's bloody tricky. But one decent shot makes it all worthwhile.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318430 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
23 Sep 2012 - 7:11 PM

Well rather than get upset by my choice, volunteer to be guest editor and who us the talent !

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.