Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Awarded Photos

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64366 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
23 Sep 2012 - 8:18 PM

I've posted straight jpegs on here which look as if they could have been processed.
Conversely I've uploaded manipulations that look totally natural.
What I'm saying is, I don't think you can really tell whether something's been manipulated or not if it's kept minimal. Some manipulations are obvious, and the photographer is not out to hide that fact. I think also, it depends very much on the subject matter.

Oh, and votes have nothing to do with whether something's manipulated or not. It's whether people like it or not.
I think everyone would be more than happy to say what they've done to an image, if in fact they have done something. Many people do.

Last Modified By SlowSong at 23 Sep 2012 - 8:19 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
23 Sep 2012 - 8:18 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Lowestoftis
23 Sep 2012 - 8:19 PM

"In 1990, Rice won the Ilford Photographer of the Year award for his work on Deptford Creek". In 2010 he could not win bugger all with the editors of Ephotozine.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64366 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
23 Sep 2012 - 8:20 PM

Quote: "In 1990, Rice won the Ilford Photographer of the Year award for his work on Deptford Creek". In 2010 he could not win bugger all with the editors of Ephotozine.

Some people even criticise Cartier Bresson for cropping these days. Shameful. Grin

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
23 Sep 2012 - 8:21 PM

A badly over contrasts scanned and poorly photoshopped page of a book is hardly going to make any great impression. Well now you've brought attention to yourself it appears you're not only an image thief but also a previously banned member - so time to wave goodbye.

Last Modified By Pete at 23 Sep 2012 - 8:22 PM
whipspeed
whipspeed e2 Member 104040 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
23 Sep 2012 - 8:21 PM

It's not really posted in it's original state though is it? The original, is much more detailed, why would you post another photographers work?

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012601 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
23 Sep 2012 - 8:22 PM

Quote: "In 1990, Rice won the Ilford Photographer of the Year award for his work on Deptford Creek". In 2010 he could not win bugger all with the editors of Ephotozine.

Probably because you butchered it.

Last Modified By answersonapostcard at 23 Sep 2012 - 8:22 PM
Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315199 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
23 Sep 2012 - 8:22 PM

If the real Jim Rice came along I bet he could, even if he used a pseudo name Smile

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
23 Sep 2012 - 8:24 PM

Previously banned member....ooohh....do tell, Pete! Smile

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014128 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
23 Sep 2012 - 8:24 PM

Quote: Well now you've brought attention to yourself it appears you're not only an image thief but also a previously banned member - so time to wave goodbye.

PMSL Smile

SlowSong
23 Sep 2012 - 8:26 PM

Me too. Grin
Jolly good fun.
x

whipspeed
whipspeed e2 Member 104040 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
23 Sep 2012 - 8:27 PM

Quote: A badly over contrasts scanned and poorly photoshopped page of a book is hardly going to make any great impression. Well now you've brought attention to yourself it appears you're not only an image thief but also a previously banned member - so time to wave goodbye.

LOL Pete, post of the week!

Oh and do tell!

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315199 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
23 Sep 2012 - 8:39 PM

Lol I`d been thinking something was a bit fishy Smile Smile

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
23 Sep 2012 - 8:43 PM

No Sarah, this is post of the year:

Quote: Pete I really don't think you have a clue what real photography looks like.

LOL....

Quote: Lol I`d been thinking something was a bit fishy Smile Smile

Yea yea yea....we can all say that now.....lol

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114499 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
23 Sep 2012 - 8:46 PM

ROFLOL......Oh stop it guys FFS.....I'm trying to concentrate here! Grin

Ade

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014128 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
23 Sep 2012 - 8:51 PM

Well done - a thread about awards and you manage to get yourself the annual Ephotozine Shooting Yourself In the Foot Award.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.