Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

B******S

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 85748 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
21 Jun 2012 - 8:59 PM

SCUM

I hope no one decides to defend these cretins

Last Modified By tomcat at 21 Jun 2012 - 8:59 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
21 Jun 2012 - 8:59 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

julesm
julesm e2 Member 101696 forum postsjulesm vcard United Kingdom7 Constructive Critique Points
21 Jun 2012 - 9:09 PM

Theres bound to be some do Gooders that think the poor wretched lives of these scum are in more need of help than the bird.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 53997 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
21 Jun 2012 - 9:14 PM

I can hardly read these stories. I can't believe the cruelty of some people.

exposure
exposure  91304 forum posts England
21 Jun 2012 - 9:16 PM

Hopefully what goes round comes round & bites them on their Ario.

ast333
ast333  2525 forum posts England
21 Jun 2012 - 9:46 PM

Corporal punishment is the answer . but it will never happen lets face it you can beat a child to death and get away with 5 years so what chance have you got with cruelty to an animal.

Steve_S
Steve_S e2 Member 8176 forum postsSteve_S vcard United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
21 Jun 2012 - 11:17 PM

Quote: SCUM

I hope no one decides to defend these cretins

Careful Ade, you may upset or offend someone with your comment Wink And of course there will be a 'good' reason why they behaved in this manner. A slap on the wrist and a holiday abroad is what they deserve.
Please don't get me going on this sort of thing Wink
Steve

Zatoichi
Zatoichi  5707 forum posts United Kingdom
21 Jun 2012 - 11:31 PM

Quote: Theres bound to be some do Gooders that think the poor wretched lives of these scum are in more need of help than the bird.

Isn't that obvious? Surely anyone who behaves like this needs help?

Quote: I can hardly read these stories. I can't believe the cruelty of some people.

I can give you links to stories of the Gulf states (as an example) of what people do to each other, if you like?

Quote: Corporal punishment is the answer . but it will never happen lets face it you can beat a child to death and get away with 5 years so what chance have you got with cruelty to an animal.

Depends who you're beating and what you're beating with.

Last Modified By Moderator Team at 22 Jun 2012 - 6:48 AM
puertouk
puertouk  21012 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
21 Jun 2012 - 11:47 PM

These yobs need a few big guys to sort them out and let them realise what that bird went through. Maybe then, people like these yobs might think twice before carrying out these sadistic crimes on helpless creatures.

strawman
strawman  1021991 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
22 Jun 2012 - 12:26 AM

OK the kids did something cruel and deserve some form of punishment. So is the only way of dealing with this through more violence. Also are we saying the kids are beyond being reformed, that is it. I do not like what was done to the bird, so do you thrash them and send them off with a hero's badge of honour and a way of saying how hard they are to their mates or do you try something else. The correction and punishment should be specific to the child. that way it may work. And sometimes some forms of punishment just drive them more into the ways of hardened criminals.

And as to the soldier picture, there are civilians being injured in a war we started, that was declared illegal by the UN. It was an act of aggression by us. So for the innocent civilians who have been killed, what is our punishment. Should we all be whipped. An eye for an eye? It all depends what war. The Gulf war it can be argued is different from say Afghanistan. And what is the soldiers responsibility for doing what they are told and what belongs with the country.

Last Modified By strawman at 22 Jun 2012 - 12:28 AM
Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1214398 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
22 Jun 2012 - 12:43 AM

Quote: OK the kids did something cruel and deserve some form of punishment

I can just imagine it, police pick up kids and take them home to find dad in the back yard shooting pigeons with an air rifle.

avacreates
22 Jun 2012 - 4:59 AM

I completely agree with Strawman. We need to reform not just throw offenders in jail and leave them there to learn to survive against hardened criminals breaking their minds even further and causing more anguish and fear for the rest of us because when they are released no-one wants them living in their towns, no one wants a neighbour that has been in prison and the reason is because they become worse in prison not better so fear spreads further. The two young boys that tortured and killed a very young child were released into a society that did not want them and so talks were held to send them to Australia and when that word got out, Australians sent around a petition to stop those young people from being sent here - FEAR and why: because the justice system does not work and needs to be changed. So what are we going to do about it? The government won't change anything unless enough people speak up.

I believes that the only way to create a safe environment for us and our families is through teaching kindness and helping everyone in need. There are no IFs BUTs or Maybes. Broken minds and sadistic actions are taught by sadistic broken minds which often comes from FEAR and let's face it, have a look at the world we live in - cruelty is constantly justified - experiments are made on innocent animals in the name of helping humanity - If those animals are so like us that the results from the torture helps us, then it is CRUEL, just because they can not speak words and only scream in pain does not make it justifiable. Most of us get sick because it is either in our genes or its an outcome from stress or the chemicals that are put in our foods and so animals have to suffer. Children are constantly being told that 'animals are grown for food and they are nothing but walking steaks or drumsticks'. People think it is ok to burn the legs of insects or keep them pinned to a board or keep them in containers. People think it is ok to HATE someone from a different culture or colour and they send their children to school to bully and maim.

Paul Morgan is probably correct in what he says. My girls and I try to teach kindness every day, we would like to live in a better world. Having said that, not everyone succumbs to kindness, some people think its their opportunity to manipulate. There is a different solution for each individual. I am speaking from experience - life has not been easy for my girls and I but because of it, we have learned COMPASSION but we've also learned to BE VERY CAREFUL AND VERY CAUTIOUS.

There are so many people that just do NOT FEEL for others pain and suffering. In some minds animals are born for us to kill, maim, torture for food, clothes and enjoyment as in sporting events - In my mind those kinds of people are broken. If we are tortured, we cry out, when an animal is tortured it cries out in pain. Animal mothers and some males will defend their young to the death, I've seen it. I've seen a cat morn the death of her babies. I had a sheep that was terrified of us until it got tangled and so I helped it - that sheep showed GRATITUDE by running to me every time she saw me but she also kept headbutting the back door to get into the house to live with me indoors. I've seen our chickens defend each other against cats.

The cruelty in this world completely sickens me and the only way to stop it is to think about what WE are doing to advocate it.

Making the issue of animals being tortured - trivial - comes from broken minds

Making the issue of human suffering in the name of war - trivial - and making excuses for it - comes from broken minds.

I believe in interfering - being the bad guy that rocks the boat - speaking up, yelling out. If my neighbour is mistreating his/her family - I will speak up. If my neighbour is encouraging violence - I will speak up. If an animal is being mistreated, I will speak up - how I go about it will depends on the circumstances, I've learned to be careful. We need to be good photographers and FOCUS. We need to take responsibility for our planet that as photographers WE LOVE SO MUCH.

Big Bri
Big Bri  1215508 forum posts England
22 Jun 2012 - 8:25 AM

Quote: find dad in the back yard shooting pigeons with an air rifle.

Don't see anything wrong with that if it's a good clean kill and you're going to eat it. Better than buying a 1 chicken from Tesco that has lived its short life stuck in a cage so small it can't even turn round.

collywobles
22 Jun 2012 - 9:03 AM

Quote: Don't see anything wrong with that if it's a good clean kill and you're going to eat it. Better than buying a 1 chicken from Tesco that has lived its short life stuck in a cage so small it can't even turn round.

Correct, I have shot thousands of Woodpigeon (Farmers Crop Protection) and given to a Butchers for consumption - and you can add to your list, dumping Crabs & Lobsters into boiling water - ever heard them scream?, dragging 2 tons of fish along the sea bottom for 4 hours and then throwing 50% back over board.

Life is cruel and each of us are to some extent responsible - after all most of us eat fish n chips or crabs............. and dont give much thought about how they are caught and processed..........

elowes
elowes  92830 forum posts United Kingdom
22 Jun 2012 - 10:35 AM

Do crabs and lobsters have a voice?

Humankind evolved as omnivores though they found the taste of flesh to be good and the protien gave more energy to catch more.

Then came the demostication and farming of animals and the butcher with his lamb, beef, pork, duck, sausages, meat pies...... I'm so hungry I can't go on. Sausage in a bap beckons.

Cruelty for sake of it is awful but I think we should remember that kids don't think the same way as adults. Few go through to adulthood exhibiting the same behaviour. When adult cruelty happens it is more about power over others be they animals or human.

Last Modified By elowes at 22 Jun 2012 - 10:38 AM
Big Bri
Big Bri  1215508 forum posts England
22 Jun 2012 - 11:22 AM

So the point is, there's a difference between cruelty for the sake of it, and shooting wild things. My kids understand where meat comes from, one loves pretty much any form of meat (should have seen her tuck into the chinese pork belly I cooked on Wednesday) and the other doesn't really like it much, but they know where it comes from, how it is farmed, etc. No way would either of them ever consider throwing a baby bird around for fun. Personally, I consider meat shot in the wild as far more acceptable that factory farmed stuff...

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.