Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

B******S

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

hippysnapper
22 Jun 2012 - 1:31 PM

There are cats being poisoned with antifreeze in Hungerford!! I've 2, luckily I don't live there

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
22 Jun 2012 - 1:31 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
22 Jun 2012 - 1:36 PM

I also have two cats and they don't ever leave the garden.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315479 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
22 Jun 2012 - 2:23 PM

Quote: Don't see anything wrong with that if it's a good clean kill and you're going to eat it. Better than buying a 1 chicken from Tesco that has lived its short life stuck in a cage so small it can't even turn round

The might not be anything wrong with shooting the birds but there`s plenty of rules regarding were you can and can not discharge a firearm. We have a neighbour a couple of doors away who shoots anything that moves, each time he discharges that weapon he`s committing an offence, does here care, no.

User_Removed
22 Jun 2012 - 2:46 PM

Quote: Don't see anything wrong with that if it's a good clean kill and you're going to eat it.

What about if it isn't a good clean kill?
Are you going to make sure you put it out of it's missery...........................I doubt that!

There are thousands and thousands and thousands of Pigeons out there. Causing pain, suffering and death to a drop in the ocean is pointless for us and them!

Rant over. Wink

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315479 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
22 Jun 2012 - 2:56 PM

The last pigeon he shot flew into my garden and died in my hands, there are so few of them where we live there hardly a pest.

The kites are more of a problem where we live.

Big Bri
Big Bri  1315596 forum posts United Kingdom
22 Jun 2012 - 3:37 PM

Quote: There are cats being poisoned with antifreeze in Hungerford!! I've 2, luckily I don't live there

I do live there. But it's not me, honest!

A friend of mine had one of their two go missing about 4 weeks ago, and although he hasn't been found, they are assuming the worse. I don't like cats killing my fish (i've lost about 40 in the last couple of years) or crapping on my garden, but I would never poison them.

Big Bri
22 Jun 2012 - 3:40 PM

Quote: What about if it isn't a good clean kill?
Are you going to make sure you put it out of it's missery...........................I doubt that!

Absolutely. Not going to cook it alive.

Quote: We have a neighbour a couple of doors away who shoots anything that moves, each time he discharges that weapon he`s committing an offence, does here care, no.

Is it an air gun or a "real" firearm? If it's the latter, you should phone the police.
With air rifles, there are controls on what birds you can shoot. Mainly corvids, pigeons should only be shot to protect crops (and a few other reasons). Anything else is out.

Quote: Causing pain, suffering and death to a drop in the ocean is pointless for us and them!

Rant over.

I take it you are vegetarian then Gerry ?

Big Bri
22 Jun 2012 - 3:41 PM

Quote: I also have two cats

Now then, let's talk about causing pointless pain and suffering to birds.....

Tongue

Paul Morgan
22 Jun 2012 - 3:45 PM

Quote: Is it an air gun or a "real" firearm? If it's the latter, you should phone the police

Air gun or real firearm, an air rifle is a real fire arm in the wrong hands, these can still kill, blind or maim.

The law makes no distinction between air rifles and more powerful guns for which you need a licence they are all classed as firearms. This means that any offence you commit can carry a very heavy penalty

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 22 Jun 2012 - 3:47 PM
Big Bri
22 Jun 2012 - 3:51 PM

Quote: The law makes no distinction between air rifles and more powerful guns for which you need a licence they are all classed as firearms. This means that any offence you commit can carry a very heavy penalty

Actually the law makes some very clear distinctions between air rifles (below 12 ft lbs) and firearms, which is why you need a license for one and not the other.

Big Bri
22 Jun 2012 - 3:52 PM

(despite what you might cut and paste from the BASC website) Wink

Paul Morgan
22 Jun 2012 - 3:57 PM

Yep getting lazy Smile

Put it this way, if you drove past the back of my neighbours garden and were hit by one of his pellets you would not be very happy, you would be strait on the phone to the police.

Big Bri
22 Jun 2012 - 4:03 PM

If one of his pellets leaves the garden, he's breaking the law. If he's shooting in the direction of a public right of way that is less than 50 feet away, he is breaking the law. If he's using a smallbore rifle, he is breaking the law as far as I know...

You can only shoot pigeons to protect crops, to protect game and wildlife or to protect public health or safety.

collywobles
22 Jun 2012 - 4:12 PM

Quote: The might not be anything wrong with shooting the birds but there`s plenty of rules regarding were you can and can not discharge a firearm. We have a neighbour a couple of doors away who shoots anything that moves, each time he discharges that weapon he`s committing an offence, does here care, no.

Then keep your own cats & dogs in your own area. The trouble with people who have pets is that they think everyone else (and should ) like them.

I have cats that kill birds in my garden, we have dogs that crap on pavements outside schools and some bloody yap yap yap frickin dog that barks for half an hour every night until its owner lets it in... I hate pets but I love animals in the wild.

Paul Morgan
22 Jun 2012 - 4:12 PM

Yes like I said, each and every time he discharges a pellet he`s committing an offence.

Quote: You can only shoot pigeons to protect crops, to protect game and wildlife or to protect public health or safety

Quite true, but he will shoot anything he feels like and for his own reasons, he may even have shot one of our cats but I can`t prove it.

If people like shooting that much I don`t know why they don`t just join a club, our son joined one when he was about 14 and stayed a member until he started uni using small bore carbines and loved every minute of it.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.