Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

B******S

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Big Bri
Big Bri  1315596 forum posts United Kingdom
22 Jun 2012 - 4:18 PM

Quote: Yes like I said, each and every time he discharges a pellet he`s committing an offence.

Sorry I assumed he was shooting responsibly - if he's firing towards a right of way, he's definitely committing an offence, you're right.

I hate other people's cats crapping on my garden, and when you suggest people should keep them indoors, the excuse is always "well, they're wild aren't they". Either they're pets, or wild, which?
Still, I would never shoot one. Partly because I know the pain it would cause if someone killed one of our pets, and partly because I wouldn't eat a cat...

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
22 Jun 2012 - 4:18 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315495 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
22 Jun 2012 - 4:32 PM

That`s ok

What I was saying was that if kids are doing wrong, generally you don`t have to look that far to see what is influencing it, but using boredom is a bit of a lame excuse.

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 22 Jun 2012 - 4:34 PM
collywobles
22 Jun 2012 - 5:04 PM

Quote: If people like shooting that much I don`t know why they don`t just join a club

They probably are members of a club, I dont know of any areas in this country that one can shoot without permission. Of course you can if you have a garden that meets the statistics already mentioned in the forum.

User_Removed
22 Jun 2012 - 6:18 PM

Quote: I take it you are vegetarian then Gerry ?

Not at all Bri. Nothing could e further from the truth.
Just don't see the point in causing pointless harm to anyone or anything.........(well with the exception of a few 'So called' togs on here) Wink

As for my cats catching birds..............you must be joking! Far to slow and I have more chance of catching them myself. Smile
After 'Cat proofing' my garden, they are confined to that area. The trouble is, when another cat get's in, it can't get out again. I then have to open the gate. Smile

Last Modified By User_Removed at 22 Jun 2012 - 6:19 PM
Rev2
Rev2  4220 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
22 Jun 2012 - 6:18 PM

I thought the worse when I opened the link but it wasn't as bad as the morons who poured petrol over and set light to a hedgehog in a Northampton Street. Someone called the police because it ran under a hedge which caught fire.

The police did nothing apparently, couldn't find an interpreter or something.

Last Modified By Rev2 at 22 Jun 2012 - 6:19 PM
hippysnapper
22 Jun 2012 - 6:30 PM

Quote: I also have two cats and they don't ever leave the garden.

Mine do as my garden's too big to cat proof. There is a device that you wire up around your garden and attach a collar to the cat and when s/he tries to jump up makes a noise. My cats have collars with a big bell attached but still manage to get mice and the odd birdSad

Big Bri
22 Jun 2012 - 6:37 PM

Quote: Just don't see the point in causing pointless harm to anyone or anything

So... shooting wild animals to eat is pointless, eating animals that live their whole lives in a cage and they get their heads lopped off is OK?
Seems to me if you are interested in the welfare of animals, eating stuff shot in the wild is far better.

User_Removed
22 Jun 2012 - 7:51 PM

I think you just want to argue, which I'm a little surprised about Bri.
You strike me, and always have, as one of the strong members of epz and I'm a little surprised that you're acting a little silly here.
I'm not getting into a pointless argument with you and I'm sure you know what I meant earlier in this thread.

My last comment on this one as you're doing your best to turn this into another argument and that's not where I want to be.
I, as I'm sure you have, much better things to do. Wink

Last Modified By User_Removed at 22 Jun 2012 - 7:52 PM
Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315495 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
22 Jun 2012 - 8:30 PM

Quote: So... shooting wild animals to eat is pointless

It is if you have a Tesco just up the road, can`t imagine you skinning a rabbit or preparing a wood pigeon Smile

tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 95919 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
22 Jun 2012 - 9:07 PM

Hogarth

jondf
jondf  82475 forum posts
22 Jun 2012 - 9:21 PM

Returning to the point - those that kicked the bird about will have likely been prompted by a leader in their peer group. It only takes one to make the sheep follow suit. But these 'kids' - as everyone likes to call them these days - are crying out for some discipline to instill a sense of self-worth and self-respect into their deprived consumer-object minds and bodies. The breakdown of family life, discipline and respect in our society has all but condemned many of these 'kids' to an uncertain and unenviable future.

patters
patters  101786 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
22 Jun 2012 - 9:28 PM

I got erased?

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014152 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
22 Jun 2012 - 9:38 PM

All the comments to do with a certain controversial image were removed.

MODERATOR POST
thewilliam
22 Jun 2012 - 9:46 PM

In an Indian restaurant some years ago, we had the best tandoori that I've ever tasted. The place was busy and the waiter was some time clearing so we idly looked at the bones as we chatted. Then I spotted a scapula so we put the debris back onto the serving plate.

There was a doctor and a biologist among us and they both reckoned that we'd just eaten a cat!

Big Bri
22 Jun 2012 - 9:46 PM

"Laurel"

Pot... kettle...

Come on, you deliberately chose to ignore my point, I just reiterated it. I'm happy to agree to disagree.

Quote: So... shooting wild animals to eat is pointless

It is if you have a Tesco just up the road,

I won't bother trying to explain my point a third time, it's obviously too difficult for some to understand. If you're all happy to live off slabs of bland chicken raised in a cage, go ahead. Enjoy yourselves here, TTFN.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.