Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

B&W Filters

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Maverick007
    4 Jan 2013 - 2:26 PM

I have been using a B&W slimline filter on my 24-105mm lens. The lens cap was completely useless and always a loose fit. In fact when the weather was warm it expanded so that it never stayed on the lens. Obviously it came off and I now don't have any cover on the front of the lens. I have emailed B&W and of course they haven't replied, good service?

Does anyone know where I can get a 77mm lens cover for the SLIMLINE filter. The original lens cap doesn't fit on.

Terry

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    4 Jan 2013 - 2:26 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JN_CHATELAIN_PHOTOGRAPHY
    4 Jan 2013 - 2:47 PM

This might help you/give you an idea of prices: 7dayshop

Maverick007
    4 Jan 2013 - 4:28 PM

Thanks for that, I do have my original Canon cap but it won't fit the slimline rim of the filter. I think I might have to get B&W talking. Their after sales has been terrible and there cap should have fitted in the first place.

thewilliam
    4 Jan 2013 - 4:55 PM

I had a problem with a B+W polarising filter that seemed almost like balsam separation. I emailed them several times but never did get a response and gave up and bought a new filter.

Their products are good even if the backup is non-existant.

Maverick007
    4 Jan 2013 - 5:20 PM

You are right there. I have emailed them again in the hope that they may well respond. How can a company make such a good piece of glass and provide such a poor piece of plastic that won't fit??

Maverick007
    4 Jan 2013 - 5:21 PM

Has anyone else suffered with the B&W lens cap fitting?

colin beeley
    colin beeley e2 Member 111070 forum postscolin beeley vcard England10 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Jan 2013 - 5:23 PM

i have a couple of these very good , i do like the one for my 300 f/2.8 i find that is better than the canon thing Wink

LenShepherd
    LenShepherd e2 Member 62431 forum postsLenShepherd vcard United Kingdom
    4 Jan 2013 - 7:23 PM

Do you need a Slimline?
    None of the recent to Nikon lenses vignette with Nikon filters - which are not Slimline and take a normal lens cap.
    If Canon are similar you do not need a slimline for your lens. Canon filters are relatively inexpensive from Speedgraphic.

User_Removed
    5 Jan 2013 - 12:22 PM

There are plenty of neoprene lens caps available that pull over the lens and filters. One of them might be a better bet than a clip-on type. Try Speed Graphic for starters.

You complain about B&W customer service but do remember that many companies will not be re-opening until 7th January after their Christmas and New Year holiday.

User_Removed
    5 Jan 2013 - 8:01 PM

...just checked the Speed Graphic catalogue. They call them Hood Hats.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.