Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

B&W weekly challenge

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
Sandgrouse
Sandgrouse e2 Member 7407 forum postsSandgrouse vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
23 Nov 2010 - 6:38 PM

In a previous forum theme the idea of this group creating a B&W challenge, similar to the Sunday and Monday night challeners was raised.

Strobe suggested "a weekly mono challenge. You nominate a subject on Friday, everyone has a week to compose an image and we all upload the image the following Friday. (you cannot upload before the Friday and only one upload per person). The reason I suggest a week is that it will give everyone time over the weekend to work on images and those who would like to submit an image from film have the week to get it developed."

I really like the idea of this and wonder how many others would be interested is a weekly B&W challenge and what night of the week would be best to start and end it?

Friday's are a nightmare for me working fridays in main job and bar job, thursday and tuesday are generally good for me Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
23 Nov 2010 - 6:38 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

jonathanbp
jonathanbp e2 Member 694 forum postsjonathanbp vcard Indonesia
23 Nov 2010 - 8:45 PM

I would love to see a weekly B&W challenge - Jonathan

cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 104005 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland24 Constructive Critique Points
23 Nov 2010 - 8:51 PM

would love to join in...day matters not to me
jeff

Gaucho
Gaucho e2 Member 122211 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
23 Nov 2010 - 8:59 PM

Not overly experienced but will give it a go. Any day for me.

Phil_L
Phil_L  5 Wales1 Constructive Critique Points
23 Nov 2010 - 9:17 PM

I'd be interested.....hope to take part most weeks. No preferred day.

miyaguchi
miyaguchi  4136 forum posts United Kingdom
24 Nov 2010 - 2:02 PM

Have tried both the SNC and MNC, and will continue to do so, just as willing to give the B&W a try, a least a week gives more time to reboot the inspirational grey cells. I am assuming as it is spread over one week it will be little more of a serious project as opposed to the 'fun' MNC and SNC? Any day is OK with me, having said that if it is to be
Quote: a serious project

the start date needs to be nearer the weekend - Thursday evening for the start, that gives Friday to get the cogs going Sat/Sun out and about Mon/Tues/Wed processing days. Smile

Sandgrouse
Sandgrouse e2 Member 7407 forum postsSandgrouse vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
24 Nov 2010 - 7:20 PM

I’ve been thinking about the logistic behind running a weekly challenge, I’ve looked at the Sunday and Monday challenge and stolen much of how they run their challenges. This was about the best I could come up with quickly, if anyone can think of a easier way of working the challenge or anything that’s been missed feel free to change/update.

This week’s theme to be announced Thursday 8pm (ish)

• The photo must be taken and processed between Thursday 8pm and upload the following by 8pm on Wednesday.

• Only one uploads per member

• All uploads must be B&W

• When uploading your entry please including B&W challenge in the description

• The challenge is just for fun.

• The person who hosts is the judge for that week challenge.

• The winner gets to create, run, and judge the challenge the following week.

• Have Fun

Sandgrouse
25 Nov 2010 - 6:18 PM

Theme for the first weekly B&W challenge to be announced tonight at 8pm. Hopefully by 8pm Wendesday next week we will have a few uploads.

Jestertheclown
25 Nov 2010 - 6:42 PM

I know almost nothing about creating decent black and white shots so I shall be watching with interest.
You never know, I might even take part. Either way, I'm sure I shall learn something.

Jester.

Sandgrouse
25 Nov 2010 - 7:59 PM

First black & white weekly challenge: 25th November 2010

Theme: Movement

You have the next 6 days to take, process and upload one black and white image on the theme movement. Be as creative as you want and consider what may make a good black and white image, but more importantly have fun!

This is the first weekly challenge, hopefully it will go smoothly and people will enter an image.

• The photo must be taken and processed between between Today and next wednesday with images to be upload by 8pm on Wednesday 1st December. Where possible upload your image on wednesday, however if you need to upload your image earlier thats ok.

• Only one uploads per member

• All uploads must be B&W

• When uploading your entry please including B&W challenge in the description. If possible tell us a little about the shot so others can learn.

• The person who hosts is the judge for that week challenge.

• The winner gets to create, run, and judge the challenge the following week.

• The challenge is just for fun.

Are you up for this fun challenge?

Last Modified By Sandgrouse at 25 Nov 2010 - 8:05 PM Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 104005 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland24 Constructive Critique Points
26 Nov 2010 - 6:48 PM

just bumping this up so that it doesn't get lost Smile

Sandgrouse
28 Nov 2010 - 10:39 AM

Quote: Just bumping this up so that it doesn't get lost Smile

Good idea

4 day still to go, so you've still got plenty of time to join in the fun.

Last Modified By Sandgrouse at 28 Nov 2010 - 10:40 AM
Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318436 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
28 Nov 2010 - 12:24 PM

There's no link to the group and group gallery. For those new to groups who cannot find their way...here's the Black & White Group

Sandgrouse
30 Nov 2010 - 5:02 PM

One day remaining, hopefully a few people will enter the challenege, details can be found here black and white group

Gypsyman
Gypsyman e2 Member 3659 forum postsGypsyman vcard England
30 Nov 2010 - 7:21 PM

Have put a Photo on the B&W group site, I hope this one is in the correct place ? Eric.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.