Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

B&W weekly challenge

cats_123 e2
10 4.3k 25 Northern Ireland
1 Dec 2010 7:17AM
We're off Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Sandgrouse e2
8 407 1 United Kingdom
1 Dec 2010 6:39PM
You got until 8pm tonight to upload your images. Upload your images here
Sandgrouse e2
8 407 1 United Kingdom
1 Dec 2010 8:05PM
Well the first weekly B&W challenge has given us quality rather than quantity with only 3 images uploaded. Im sure more people will join as the weeks progress. Off to look at the images back and will be back with the results shortly.
Sandgrouse e2
8 407 1 United Kingdom
1 Dec 2010 8:31PM
The winning image of the first weekly black and white challenge is Snowfall by Phil_L
A great image, really liked the movement of the snow, especially against the lined background. The four dark ovals with their reflections really complete this shot.

Rest in no particular order
Take off by Cats_123 - Another good image, I really liked the sense of movement in the image, not only in the plane propeller but the concept of the plane moving people as well. I think the cranes in the background helped continue the movement theme.

Movement by ExT_Racer - I liked the strong diagonal created by the water and the movement in the water.

Geese by Sandgrouse - I wanted to join in the fun so added this quick snap that I took over the weekend, I like the way the geese fill the sky.

Well done to all who entered hopefully more will join next week's. Phil_L as winner of this weeks challenge you have the pleasure of choosing the next theme and picking a winner.
cats_123 e2
1 Dec 2010 8:33PM
Well done, Phil_L very topical Smile
Snapper e2
9 3.8k 3 United States Outlying Islands
1 Dec 2010 8:39PM
Yes, well done Phil. Looking forward to hearing the next topic and I'll try to get organised and shoot something.
Phil_L e2
5 19 1 Wales
1 Dec 2010 9:57PM
Thanks must go to Rick for kicking this off and to Cats_123 and Ext_Racer for taking part. There are 114 members in the group....so I hope more of you will take part in future weeks. For me It's not too serious and well worth the effort of having a go at doing something you might not have tried before.

So in direct contrast to last weeks movement theme, the brief for this week is STILL LIFE. If you're snowed in you can do it indoors. Same rules apply, so look forward to seeing your uploads by 8pm next Wednesday.

It's (still) life Jim. But not as we know it. Wink
cats_123 e2
1 Dec 2010 11:29PM
Good Choice - I'm off to the hospital tomorrow for a treadmill test...hope I don't become `still life' !!! Wink
Snapper e2
8 Dec 2010 6:10PM
Bumpity bump! This was hiding away about page 4 or 5, so was wondering if it is still happening?
Sandgrouse e2
8 407 1 United Kingdom
8 Dec 2010 7:33PM

Quote:Bumpity bump! This was hiding away about page 4 or 5, so was wondering if it is still happening?

yes, you got about half an hour for this weeks, or maybe have a go at next weeks.
Phil_L e2
5 19 1 Wales
8 Dec 2010 10:00PM
The winner of thisweeks Black & White challenge is Snapper with She Sells Classic natural looking still life. Nice combination of smooth hexagonal dish and textured curvey shells, and the dof really pulls it off.

Tough choice really... interesting variety. Thought Unhinged by Gypsyman was a neat and original idea....You can put your doors back now...and Anti'Still Life' from cats_123 gave us still life with a serious slant....Hope it does the business. Liked Ice from Sandgrouse for a pleasingly abstract take, and Ext_Racers Statue was strangely interesting....but did you take it this week?

Enough from me....it's over to you Peter for next weeks challenge.

Hope the links work... I just had to learn how to do that. Apologies if things got lost....I posted reminders in the commemts section.Smile
Sandgrouse e2
8 407 1 United Kingdom
8 Dec 2010 10:32PM
Well done to Snapper - nice shot. It was good to see the weekly challenge increase from 3 people entering last week to 5 this week, a step in the right direction. Thanks to phil L for the this weeks challenge.
Snapper e2
8 Dec 2010 10:44PM
Thanks guys, it's about the first time I've ever won anything! Been having a think about next week's challenge and I think that "Entrance" is something most of us could have a crack at. I'm thinking of the obvious ones like gateways and doorways at home or when you're out Christmas shopping(!) or at work or wherever, but interesting furniture or cupboards indoors might work for those who aren't getting out much just now. Looking forward to seeing them! Wink
cats_123 e2
9 Dec 2010 8:14AM
Congratulations...I think it stood out as a clear winner..it's an interesting exercise for me, not only trying to find somehting to fit the the theme, but also a shot that stands the test of B&W.

Hopefully this will catch on as we progress.

Agree it needs bumping up regularly....perhaps `the management' can create a `sticky' for such challenges? Smile

See you next week Smile
JamesGarfield 5 915 4 United Kingdom
9 Dec 2010 8:22AM

Quote:perhaps `the management' can create a `sticky' for such challenges?

That's a great idea! Took me ages to find this again.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.