Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

B&W weekly challenge

chavender e2
4 226 1 France
17 Jan 2011 6:15PM
Bump
(Still only five)

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
17 Jan 2011 6:24PM
Came home this evening expecting to have the lights working and they're still dead Sad I'll be bumbling about with a torch later on Smile
JamesGarfield 5 915 4 United Kingdom
17 Jan 2011 10:21PM
Bump
Sandgrouse e2
8 407 1 United Kingdom
18 Jan 2011 2:49PM
Just recovering for a bad case of flu and I've now got a bit of time to catch up with what's been happening with the black and white group and the weekly black and white challenge, it seems to have taken off with 10 images in the last weeks challenge.

While it seems to be going well we've had a couple of teething problems ie some images not getting included, some images not been taken that week.

As the black and white group is starting to be become busier it would be easy for images to be missed or out of sync in the gallery and wonder what is the easiest way of running the challenge?

What do people think about starting a new group ie the weekly black and white challenge group? Would this make it easier or more complicated?
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
18 Jan 2011 3:00PM
Certainly it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a separate challenge group. That would make it easier to see the 'competition' and possibly easier for people to keep track ....
Gaucho e2
13 2.4k 2 United Kingdom
18 Jan 2011 3:32PM
It would certainly be easier to manage, but I think we should somehow keep a link to the B&W Group, say by putting a copy of the winning image into the main group each week just to publicise the fact that it exists.

Malcolm
Sandgrouse e2
8 407 1 United Kingdom
18 Jan 2011 3:40PM

Quote: I think we should somehow keep a link to the B&W Group, say by putting a copy of the winning image into the main group each week just to publicise the fact that it exists.

I agree, I think we would need to keep them linked as much as possible.
JamesGarfield 5 915 4 United Kingdom
18 Jan 2011 3:59PM

Quote:I agree, I think we would need to keep them linked as much as possible.

yes I think we would as it'd be a shame for the challenge to eclipse the main group as the challenge is only a small part of the main group?
Gypsyman e2
4 660 England
18 Jan 2011 4:17PM
I think it also a good idea, but I would add that no comments be made on
the challenge entries before the judge has declared his winner.
cats_123 e2
10 4.3k 25 Northern Ireland
18 Jan 2011 5:04PM
concur with all that's been said Smile
chavender e2
4 226 1 France
18 Jan 2011 6:15PM
Would work for me too.Smile
Phil_L e2
5 19 1 Wales
18 Jan 2011 9:47PM

Quote:I think we should somehow keep a link to the B&W Group, say by putting a copy of the winning image into the main group each week just to publicise the fact that it exists.

I'd agree with that. Perhaps the current weeks challenge could also be posted in the main B&W group to encourage participation.
chavender e2
4 226 1 France
19 Jan 2011 4:57PM
Bump.
Only a couple of hours to go.
Sandgrouse e2
8 407 1 United Kingdom
19 Jan 2011 8:42PM
As discussed I've set up a new group for the weekly black and white challenge group

Once this weeks images have been judged and next weeks theme set I will update the new group. From now please upload your black and white challenge entries to the new group.
Snapper e2
9 3.8k 3 United States Outlying Islands
19 Jan 2011 8:51PM
Don't worry, I'm on the case for judging! Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.