Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

B&W weekly challenge

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
chavender
chavender e2 Member 3214 forum postschavender vcard France1 Constructive Critique Points
17 Jan 2011 - 6:15 PM

Bump
(Still only five)

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
17 Jan 2011 - 6:15 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 96038 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
17 Jan 2011 - 6:24 PM

Came home this evening expecting to have the lights working and they're still dead Sad I'll be bumbling about with a torch later on Smile

JamesGarfield
17 Jan 2011 - 10:21 PM

Bump

Sandgrouse
18 Jan 2011 - 2:49 PM

Just recovering for a bad case of flu and I've now got a bit of time to catch up with what's been happening with the black and white group and the weekly black and white challenge, it seems to have taken off with 10 images in the last weeks challenge.

While it seems to be going well we've had a couple of teething problems ie some images not getting included, some images not been taken that week.

As the black and white group is starting to be become busier it would be easy for images to be missed or out of sync in the gallery and wonder what is the easiest way of running the challenge?

What do people think about starting a new group ie the weekly black and white challenge group? Would this make it easier or more complicated?

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 96038 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jan 2011 - 3:00 PM

Certainly it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a separate challenge group. That would make it easier to see the 'competition' and possibly easier for people to keep track ....

Gaucho
Gaucho e2 Member 122252 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jan 2011 - 3:32 PM

It would certainly be easier to manage, but I think we should somehow keep a link to the B&W Group, say by putting a copy of the winning image into the main group each week just to publicise the fact that it exists.

Malcolm

Sandgrouse
18 Jan 2011 - 3:40 PM

Quote: I think we should somehow keep a link to the B&W Group, say by putting a copy of the winning image into the main group each week just to publicise the fact that it exists.

I agree, I think we would need to keep them linked as much as possible.

JamesGarfield
18 Jan 2011 - 3:59 PM

Quote: I agree, I think we would need to keep them linked as much as possible.

yes I think we would as it'd be a shame for the challenge to eclipse the main group as the challenge is only a small part of the main group?

Gypsyman
Gypsyman  3659 forum posts England
18 Jan 2011 - 4:17 PM

I think it also a good idea, but I would add that no comments be made on
the challenge entries before the judge has declared his winner.

cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 104018 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland25 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jan 2011 - 5:04 PM

concur with all that's been said Smile

chavender
chavender e2 Member 3214 forum postschavender vcard France1 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jan 2011 - 6:15 PM

Would work for me too.Smile

Phil_L
Phil_L  5 Wales1 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jan 2011 - 9:47 PM

Quote: I think we should somehow keep a link to the B&W Group, say by putting a copy of the winning image into the main group each week just to publicise the fact that it exists.

I'd agree with that. Perhaps the current weeks challenge could also be posted in the main B&W group to encourage participation.

chavender
19 Jan 2011 - 4:57 PM

Bump.
Only a couple of hours to go.

Sandgrouse
19 Jan 2011 - 8:42 PM

As discussed I've set up a new group for the weekly black and white challenge group

Once this weeks images have been judged and next weeks theme set I will update the new group. From now please upload your black and white challenge entries to the new group.

Snapper
Snapper  93742 forum posts United States Minor Outlying Islands3 Constructive Critique Points
19 Jan 2011 - 8:51 PM

Don't worry, I'm on the case for judging! Smile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.