Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

B9180 - sooooooooooo disappointed

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Graham0602
    1 Apr 2009 - 8:43 PM

Finally got a decent bonus

And after months of deliberation (and lack of funds) finally picked up my brand spanking new HP B9180 printer this morning from Clifton Cameras in Dursley for a very reasonable 398. Was soooooooo excited ........ and well chuffed with my bargain

Settled down this evening with a glass of Chardonnay and the instruction book ready to set it all up and fire off some prints but instead.......

"Rear door open" message

Errrrrmmmm, no it's not actually, rear door is absolutely most definitely completely "shut" !!!!!!!!!
    If I press my finger on the door where the sensor is that message disappears, but to be honest I don't wanna spend the rest of my life holding the back door of my new printer so that I can use it (it looks like the sensor isn't positioned correctly)

Soooooooooooo disappointed. But I am sure nice people at Clifton Cameras will sort it for me tomorrow

Anyone had similar probs with new B9180 ???????????????

G

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    1 Apr 2009 - 8:43 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Badger
    Badger  114736 forum posts United Kingdom20 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Apr 2009 - 8:49 PM

Ooops, thought you were talking about a road from the title!

User_Removed
    1 Apr 2009 - 8:52 PM

Clifton are great so I am sure they will help you out.

cameracat
    cameracat  108575 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Apr 2009 - 9:00 PM

Maybe Hp have been taken over by Epson......Sad

Not a great advert for a 400 quid printer though.....!

BOB S
    BOB S  112622 forum posts
    1 Apr 2009 - 9:04 PM

Make the most of your Chardonnay, it will certainly be cheaper than the ink to put in the machine. The new HP ink prices are a complete rip off.

BOB

Graham0602
    1 Apr 2009 - 9:08 PM

Cameracat

Yeah, I agree

400 quid, you just expect it to work "out of the box" !!!!!!!!!

I am confident that it will be sorted within 5 minutes of Clifton opening in the morning though Smile

G

JohnParminter

Nope, mine has been fine. Inks are expensive but seem to last a long time after the first charge of the system.

Just Jas
    Just Jas  1225716 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Apr 2009 - 9:11 PM

Occasionally things get out of adjustment during transportation.

Not just to you, but from maker to distributor and to supplier.
    jas

davey
    davey  10246 forum posts England
    1 Apr 2009 - 9:27 PM

I bought the same printer from Clifton Cameras a few weeks ago.
    I had a problem installing the drivers but found out it was a problem with my PC.
    Hang on in there and you will not be disappointed with the results.

If you use Photoshop CS or above the Plugin will save you time and money with your prints.They are exactly as you see on your monitor (provided you have your monitor calibrated).

If you have any more problems email HP Customer Services,they were extremely helpful with my problem.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Davey

User_Removed
    1 Apr 2009 - 10:02 PM

Quote: Ooops, thought you were talking about a road from the title!

He he. The closest I could get was the B9170, which is actually in a very nice part of the country

brian1208
    brian1208 e2 Member 109966 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Apr 2009 - 10:22 PM

Sorry to hear of your problems, not had a flicker of a problem with mine over the 2+ years I've been battering it.

It does sound like a mechanical fault (getting it to work by sticking your finger in the back), if so your supplier should be able to resolve it with a new printer

Good luck - it is capable of first rate results and is very economical in ink use

Graham0602
    7 Apr 2009 - 10:15 PM

Update

Confirmed as faulty by HP - probably a faulty sensor on rear door. Rang their support line and got to speak to a really helpful chap in Capetown, South Africa.

No matter, nice chaps at Clifton Cameras are arranging a replacement for me so hopefully I shall be away and printing with a brand-spanking new (and fully-functioning) B9180 very shortly

G

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.