Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Back Packs for Photo Gear

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    MrDennis
    MrDennis  5226 forum posts Wales
    25 Aug 2010 - 9:01 PM

Hi All,
    I'm looking for a Back Pack that will hold my Sigma 150-500mm lens inside it when not attached to my Canon 7D, plus another camera with smaller lens attached to it like a 70-300mm.
    Must hold other lenses and stuff as well.
    Off course, if it can hold the lens with Battery grip and Canon 7D attached, then all the better.
    I'm only 5ft 4in so it must be able to sit on me back comfortably.
    I have a Back Pack but once the 150-500mm lens is inside I can't get another camera in there.
    Thanks
    Dennis.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    25 Aug 2010 - 9:01 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw
    Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Aug 2010 - 9:09 PM

Any good, Dennis?

MrDennis
    25 Aug 2010 - 9:26 PM

Golly, you were Quick. lol
    Thanks for the link. I use to own the Bigger one of those a Long time ago, but sold it because I got fed up of Back Packs. I put them on ground and walk off without it. LOL
    The lens is 10 n half inches long with the hood on proper. So we'll call it 12" That pack looks like it will take it. It even looks as if it will take camera with lens attached.
    I have a Lowepro Junior I think it's called. It will take lens on its own plus lens & camera with a tight squeeze. (I like a little space around mine) But not with battery pack attached.
    I shall look at this one and the Expedition 8..
    Thanks for pointing this out to me. Appreciated.

Coleslaw
    Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Aug 2010 - 9:30 PM

I was going to suggest you Expedition 7x or 8x but fear it might be too big for you.

lawbert
    lawbert  71701 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Aug 2010 - 10:03 PM

I use this Vertex 100

I had sigma 50-500 in it all the time with bags of room to spare in a fully customisable interior and now I use it for a sigma 120-300 f2.8 which does use the centre section fully with a body attached but I can still tuck in lenses and a couple of flashes.

The most important thing though is it is very comfortable loaded fully...and I am only a hand full of inches taller than your goodself.

MrDennis
    25 Aug 2010 - 10:20 PM

Hi coleslaw
    I think the Expidition 6x might just be right for me. I shall see if the Carmarthen Camera shop has one for me to look at.

Hi lawbert
    That Vertex 100 looks pretty good also. Slightly deeper and higher than the Expidition 6x

Thank You both for the help. Just need to have a closer look at them both now.

KathyW
    KathyW  101793 forum posts Norfolk Island12 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Aug 2010 - 12:22 AM

I found This site very useful because it has reviews like this for most bags, including the Tamrac one as well I think, and shows just what kit you can get in the bag.

LensYews
    LensYews  51300 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Aug 2010 - 12:44 AM

Thanks Kathy, that's been helpful in confirming which bag I need to upgrade too, as the local camera shop only stock a partial range.

LenShepherd
    LenShepherd e2 Member 62450 forum postsLenShepherd vcard United Kingdom
    27 Aug 2010 - 9:38 PM

LowePro or Tamrac if walking long distances (good harness) and ThinkTank for maximum protection as carry on luggage etc.
    If you have a Jacobs store nearby they carry good ranges of larger bags - pick a quiet time and take your equipment with you.

Briwooly
    Briwooly  8452 forum posts England5 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Aug 2010 - 9:53 PM

I'll go with Cole I have a Expedition 6 and it will hold all the gear you require and much more and sits well on your back

Brian........................................................

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.