Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Background Colour Option?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    sugarbird
    sugarbird  10223 forum posts South Africa
    20 Jan 2005 - 8:01 PM

Hi, this topic might have been dealt with before, can't keep up with the forums but perhaps in the future EPZ 2 might consider the option of offering a background colour, it can make an image sometimes, for example dark grey always looks excellent with black and white shots, another site I look at, Photoforum.ru has this option and it really is impressive when you see your image with a background colour. Although alot of people upload very big images so perhaps it wouldn't work here, just a thought, thanks.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    20 Jan 2005 - 8:01 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

perplex
    perplex  9170 forum posts
    21 Jan 2005 - 12:22 AM

Agree totally - I was just thinking about this yesterday!

sugarbird
    sugarbird  10223 forum posts South Africa
    21 Jan 2005 - 2:15 AM

It really works, can make or break an image sometimes, have a look at www.photoforum.ru , you can see how effective it is, but I am sure its quite an extra expense to set it up, duuno.

perplex
    perplex  9170 forum posts
    21 Jan 2005 - 2:21 AM

Not at all. Check out this site here and play with the icons at the top.

There's a magnifying loupe, a black-and-white button, a full-screen view button, and a "pointer" so that in your comment you can point to something directly in the photo. There is also a BG colour selector on the top left. All bloody useful, and all that was needed to implement them is some coding knowledge, no expense.

user_absconded
    21 Jan 2005 - 9:12 AM

If it was possible, I'd really like a choice of background colour option, I think much of my work looks a lot better against a dark colour. Could it be considered please, Pete? Smile

sze4j
    sze4j  1056 forum posts Singapore
    21 Jan 2005 - 9:22 AM

Yep, i too think it might be quite useful. Currently, i have to sometimes get around it by putting a color border around my image (thus the image may end up looking a lot smaller in the thumbnail).

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.