Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PortraitPro FREE TRIAL + EXTRA 10% OFF coupon EPH315

Background Colour Option?

sugarbird 10 223 South Africa
20 Jan 2005 8:01PM
Hi, this topic might have been dealt with before, can't keep up with the forums but perhaps in the future EPZ 2 might consider the option of offering a background colour, it can make an image sometimes, for example dark grey always looks excellent with black and white shots, another site I look at, Photoforum.ru has this option and it really is impressive when you see your image with a background colour. Although alot of people upload very big images so perhaps it wouldn't work here, just a thought, thanks.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

perplex 10 170
21 Jan 2005 12:22AM
Agree totally - I was just thinking about this yesterday!
sugarbird 10 223 South Africa
21 Jan 2005 2:15AM
It really works, can make or break an image sometimes, have a look at www.photoforum.ru , you can see how effective it is, but I am sure its quite an extra expense to set it up, duuno.
perplex 10 170
21 Jan 2005 2:21AM
Not at all. Check out this site here and play with the icons at the top.

There's a magnifying loupe, a black-and-white button, a full-screen view button, and a "pointer" so that in your comment you can point to something directly in the photo. There is also a BG colour selector on the top left. All bloody useful, and all that was needed to implement them is some coding knowledge, no expense.
If it was possible, I'd really like a choice of background colour option, I think much of my work looks a lot better against a dark colour. Could it be considered please, Pete? Smile
sze4j 10 56 Singapore
21 Jan 2005 9:22AM
Yep, i too think it might be quite useful. Currently, i have to sometimes get around it by putting a color border around my image (thus the image may end up looking a lot smaller in the thumbnail).

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.