Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Background supports at Aldi - Sun 25th Jan

loweskid e2
13 2.0k 1 United Kingdom
23 Jan 2009 2:16PM
Aldi have the extension supports on sale again from this coming Sunday (25th). I bought a couple of these when they were last on sale - make very useful background supports, among other things.

Extension support rods

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

23 Jan 2009 2:30PM
That looks useful. I shall get my brother to nip into his local store for me. For the price it won't matter if it sits in the shed for a year!
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
23 Jan 2009 3:10PM
I bought a couple of these at the last showing in Aldi a couple of years ago - excellent and highly recommended.
DCW 7 39 United Kingdom
23 Jan 2009 3:14PM
I can't quite see from the picture how they can support a backdrop. Could someone explain? It might be very useful as I'm looking for a cheap backdrop support right now.

Thanks
Dave
23 Jan 2009 3:20PM
This extends between floor and ceiling and you tension it so it is effectively wedged between the two. Run a pole between two of them to hang a backdrop.
DCW 7 39 United Kingdom
23 Jan 2009 3:26PM
Great, that sounds quite good for sure. Think I'll invest!
kaybee 10 4.0k 24 Scotland
23 Jan 2009 7:00PM
They look even easier to use than the ones I bought last year (having the trigger system) ................ and cheaper too.

I don't bother with a pole. Just stick the material between the top of the pole and the roof - the tension holds it in place (and stops any possability of marking the roof).

The dust sheets on offer at just over a fiver also make a good cheep backdrop (and are bigger than many commercial ones)
leeroe 12 231 England
26 Jan 2009 11:23AM
Fantastic !!, after seeing this thread, I went out and bought two of them on Sunday, the build quality is awesome for a relatively inexpensive item, and they are so sinple to use.
Just need to find a supplier of cheap green screen fabric now so I can play at being George Lucas with my new HD cam,

Thanks for the tip
Lee
dark_lord e2
10 1.5k 145 England
26 Jan 2009 1:07PM
Yeah, I went and got a couple too. Tried them and they work very well. Thanks for the heads up.
Keith
RobW 10 57 United Kingdom
26 Jan 2009 1:25PM
wonder if they have any left...... would save me blue-taking (or masking taping) my wallpaper backdrops to the wall

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.