Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Background supports at Aldi - Sun 25th Jan

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    loweskid
    loweskid  132042 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Jan 2009 - 2:16 PM

Aldi have the extension supports on sale again from this coming Sunday (25th). I bought a couple of these when they were last on sale - make very useful background supports, among other things.

Extension support rods

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    23 Jan 2009 - 2:16 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

yellowduke
    23 Jan 2009 - 2:30 PM

That looks useful. I shall get my brother to nip into his local store for me. For the price it won't matter if it sits in the shed for a year!

User_Removed
    23 Jan 2009 - 3:10 PM

I bought a couple of these at the last showing in Aldi a couple of years ago - excellent and highly recommended.

DCW
    DCW  639 forum posts United Kingdom
    23 Jan 2009 - 3:14 PM

I can't quite see from the picture how they can support a backdrop. Could someone explain? It might be very useful as I'm looking for a cheap backdrop support right now.

Thanks
    Dave

yellowduke
    23 Jan 2009 - 3:20 PM

This extends between floor and ceiling and you tension it so it is effectively wedged between the two. Run a pole between two of them to hang a backdrop.

DCW
    DCW  639 forum posts United Kingdom
    23 Jan 2009 - 3:26 PM

Great, that sounds quite good for sure. Think I'll invest!

kaybee
    kaybee  103772 forum posts Scotland24 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Jan 2009 - 7:00 PM

They look even easier to use than the ones I bought last year (having the trigger system) ................ and cheaper too.

I don't bother with a pole. Just stick the material between the top of the pole and the roof - the tension holds it in place (and stops any possability of marking the roof).

The dust sheets on offer at just over a fiver also make a good cheep backdrop (and are bigger than many commercial ones)

Last Modified By kaybee at 23 Jan 2009 - 7:07 PM
    leeroe
    leeroe  11230 forum posts England
    26 Jan 2009 - 11:23 AM

Fantastic !!, after seeing this thread, I went out and bought two of them on Sunday, the build quality is awesome for a relatively inexpensive item, and they are so sinple to use.
    Just need to find a supplier of cheap green screen fabric now so I can play at being George Lucas with my new HD cam,

Thanks for the tip
    Lee

dark_lord
    dark_lord Critique Team 101452 forum postsdark_lord vcard England123 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Jan 2009 - 1:07 PM

Yeah, I went and got a couple too. Tried them and they work very well. Thanks for the heads up.
    Keith

RobW
    RobW  957 forum posts United Kingdom
    26 Jan 2009 - 1:25 PM

wonder if they have any left...... would save me blue-taking (or masking taping) my wallpaper backdrops to the wall

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.