Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

backpack / bag for growing collection

20 Nov 2010 12:45PM
I know this is a well asked question but even searching i haven't found the help i need. my camera collection is rapidly growing and currently i carry it in a tamrac expedition 5 backpack which is now too small. my gear consists of a Nikon D300,SB900 flash,18-135mm,10-20mm,70-200mm,105 macro,1x4 converter + i have a manfrotto 190XPROB tripod and i'm looking at adding a 50mm 1.8 very soon plus all the extras that go with it i.e filters,chargers,cloths etc,etc. i have been looking at the Lowepro Vertex 200aw but would really love to hear from someone with it or anybody with similar size kit who has found the "right" backpack/bag.

all responses gratefully received

cheers

Gary

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

20 Nov 2010 10:03PM
I think that's the one I bought a few months ago? I've just looked all round it, front, back, top, bottom, can't find a label telling me the exact model number, but that's not to say that label don't exist! I bought mine because of ill health. Had a heart attack, followed by a triple bypass op. On a good day I feel like I'm running on 3 cylinders, bad day? Don't go there!
Can't stick a shoulderbag bouncing on my hip (either hip) because of arthritis, so my rucksack is the best thing ever. Loads of space, I've got a DSLR, 4 or 5 lenses, Camcorder, Flashgun and all the bits and pieces. The only problem I have is that I use a Manfrotto Pistol Grip head, which is heavy, and carrying my tripod on my rucksack makes life difficult .
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
20 Nov 2010 10:40PM
Why do you want to put all your eggs in one basket ?
jazzygf e2
11 537 Scotland
20 Nov 2010 11:10PM
Hey Gary, just read your message. I used to have a Tamrac 5549 adventure 9 backpack, Like you say it soon fills up with items. I bought just after xmas last year a new Tamrac 5587 expedition 7x backpack. It has more space more pockets and best of all i think a centre space for your tripod. Used it up in Glencoe a few times and it sits perfect and has a waist belt for extra comfort when walking with it. If your sure that you need a bigger bag then this may be the one for you. i have 2 camera bodies 4 large EOS 1ds batteries in it and 5 lenses. there are pockets on the outside for cards and normal AA batteries etc, aswell as internal platic areas for filters. hope this helps.
Tamrac bag
20 Nov 2010 11:11PM
cheers Alexander

Paul - just don't want to be away somewhere and not have the ingredients to make an omelette Smile

on a serious note a lot is to do with safe storage as well as the ability to have everything i need in one place.

Gary

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.