Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

backpack / bag for growing collection

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Gary_Macleod
    20 Nov 2010 - 12:45 PM

I know this is a well asked question but even searching i haven't found the help i need. my camera collection is rapidly growing and currently i carry it in a tamrac expedition 5 backpack which is now too small. my gear consists of a Nikon D300,SB900 flash,18-135mm,10-20mm,70-200mm,105 macro,1x4 converter + i have a manfrotto 190XPROB tripod and i'm looking at adding a 50mm 1.8 very soon plus all the extras that go with it i.e filters,chargers,cloths etc,etc. i have been looking at the Lowepro Vertex 200aw but would really love to hear from someone with it or anybody with similar size kit who has found the "right" backpack/bag.

all responses gratefully received

cheers

Gary

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    20 Nov 2010 - 12:45 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

bigalguitarpicker
    20 Nov 2010 - 10:03 PM

I think that's the one I bought a few months ago? I've just looked all round it, front, back, top, bottom, can't find a label telling me the exact model number, but that's not to say that label don't exist! I bought mine because of ill health. Had a heart attack, followed by a triple bypass op. On a good day I feel like I'm running on 3 cylinders, bad day? Don't go there!
    Can't stick a shoulderbag bouncing on my hip (either hip) because of arthritis, so my rucksack is the best thing ever. Loads of space, I've got a DSLR, 4 or 5 lenses, Camcorder, Flashgun and all the bits and pieces. The only problem I have is that I use a Manfrotto Pistol Grip head, which is heavy, and carrying my tripod on my rucksack makes life difficult .

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315182 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Nov 2010 - 10:40 PM

Why do you want to put all your eggs in one basket ?

jazzygf
    jazzygf  10537 forum posts Scotland
    20 Nov 2010 - 11:10 PM

Hey Gary, just read your message. I used to have a Tamrac 5549 adventure 9 backpack, Like you say it soon fills up with items. I bought just after xmas last year a new Tamrac 5587 expedition 7x backpack. It has more space more pockets and best of all i think a centre space for your tripod. Used it up in Glencoe a few times and it sits perfect and has a waist belt for extra comfort when walking with it. If your sure that you need a bigger bag then this may be the one for you. i have 2 camera bodies 4 large EOS 1ds batteries in it and 5 lenses. there are pockets on the outside for cards and normal AA batteries etc, aswell as internal platic areas for filters. hope this helps.
    Tamrac bag

Last Modified By jazzygf at 20 Nov 2010 - 11:17 PM
    Gary_Macleod
    20 Nov 2010 - 11:11 PM

cheers Alexander

Paul - just don't want to be away somewhere and not have the ingredients to make an omelette Smile

on a serious note a lot is to do with safe storage as well as the ability to have everything i need in one place.

Gary

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.