Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Backpack Camera Bag

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Nigeve1
    Nigeve1 e2 Member 1758 forum postsNigeve1 vcard United Kingdom88 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Nov 2013 - 11:04 PM

I am looking for a backpack type camera bag to carry a Nikon D7000 with 18-70mm, 80-400mm, 90mm macro and 10-24mm, filters, flash, tripod, small accessories and personal items/ food and drink enough for 1 day landscape/ wildlife photography. I have looked on the web and the Lowepro Vertex 200 aw looks good. Just wondering if anyone has any experience of it or any other reccomendations.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    15 Nov 2013 - 11:04 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Ray12
    Ray12 e2 Member 175 forum postsRay12 vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Nov 2013 - 4:45 AM

If you go onto Lowepro website, at the top of the page you will see a heading "BAGFINDER" just click on that and follow what it askes, you would click DSLR, it will then ask you a series of questions of the type of gear you have then it will come up with what type of bag it thinks you would need. Grin

IanBurton
    IanBurton  465 forum posts United Kingdom7 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Nov 2013 - 9:31 AM

I use an F-stop backpack because of its versatility. You can swap the camera compartment for different sized units depending on what you carry. Very comfy to carry on long walks or climbs. Although not cheap they are built to last.

leeroe
    leeroe  12230 forum posts England
    16 Nov 2013 - 10:43 AM

Just finished doing a review on the new Nest series backpacks, must say I was very impressed, having been a Lowepro user for over 12 years I am used to high quality components and a flexible layout, but theres just something about the Nest I really like and I cant just quite put my finger on it. I have GH3 with grip attached and 14-42 lens, plus 14mm pancake, 45-200 and 100-300, plus light panel, loads of small bits and bats like table tripod, filters, batteries etc. Plus in daypack compartment I have waterproofs, and plenty of space for drink and food. Certainly worth a look. Nest Athena 70 backpack. My youtube review will probably go up later today.

seahawk
    seahawk e2 Member 7564 forum postsseahawk vcard United Kingdom
    16 Nov 2013 - 10:43 AM

Look at the new ones from Nest. They look good. I use a LowePro Photosport but it might be too small for your purposes.

meyeview
    meyeview e2 Member 5592 forum postsmeyeview vcard Scotland
    16 Nov 2013 - 1:07 PM

i have the vertex 200 and it is worth the money. plenty of space for all your bits and pieces and the straps make wearing it a pleasure. i also use a tamrac expidition5. i use it when traveling light(er).

justin c
    justin c  104527 forum posts England36 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Nov 2013 - 1:52 PM

For the amount and size of kit that you mention, I would (and do) use the following backpacks, in order of preference, although they're all equally well suited;

1) Lowepro Flipside 400 AW

2) Lowepro Micro Trekker 200 SE

3) Tamrac Expedition 5

t_downes
    t_downes e2 Member 6260 forum postst_downes vcard United Kingdom
    16 Nov 2013 - 2:37 PM

Try here.
    http://rigu.co.uk

leeroe
    leeroe  12230 forum posts England
    16 Nov 2013 - 6:28 PM

I finished the simple home review of the nest and it here if of any interest. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHlFsZ6hVrA&noredirect=1#t=38

mikehit
    mikehit  56482 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Nov 2013 - 9:18 PM

If you want to carry the gear for any sort of distance then you will probably get a more comfortable experience by using a regular backpacker's rucsack. You can buy padded camera bag inserts for aout 20 to keep your lenses separated and protected and the sidestraps will hold a tripod more securely than any camera attachments (or maybe you can even put the tripod in the rucsack). And you will have more room for coat, drink etc.

JJGEE
    JJGEE  96308 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Nov 2013 - 10:52 AM

Quote: I use an F-stop backpack because of its versatility

I have the Loka model, so much more comfortable than either Lowpro or Tamrac backpacks which I have previously owned / used.

Last Modified By JJGEE at 17 Nov 2013 - 10:53 AM
    suejoh
    suejoh e2 Member 10235 forum postssuejoh vcard United Kingdom
    22 Nov 2013 - 10:54 AM

I have been looking at a Berghaus rucksack which has wheels but also a built in backpack harness.
    Currently using my husbands old rucksack in preference to the Lowepro bag.

Sue

letooms
    letooms  637 forum posts United Kingdom
    23 Nov 2013 - 7:47 PM

I've invested in a Kata mid-size backpack which carries a lot of kit but also is quite versatile in terms of how you carry it (it can be reconfigured to work as a sling backpack etc, etc) good bit of kit which I bought to replace a Lowepro Stealth because it just wasn't versatile enough for me.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.