Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Bad Wedding Photographer

keithh e2
10 23.2k 33 Wallis And Futuna
8 Sep 2011 6:49PM
Surely there is an EPZ sarcastic wink emoticon missing from the above post

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

discreetphoton e2
10 3.5k 20 United Kingdom
8 Sep 2011 6:55PM
I kind of like the idea of a wedding photographer death match Tongue
JackAllTog e2
5 3.7k 58 United Kingdom
8 Sep 2011 8:08PM
Lol Smile ok
Overread 6 3.8k 18 England
8 Sep 2011 8:32PM

Quote:I kind of like the idea of a wedding photographer death match Tongue

Like this:

discreetphoton e2
10 3.5k 20 United Kingdom
8 Sep 2011 9:09PM
LOL, exactly Smile
johnnyboy114 6 231 106 United Kingdom
9 Sep 2011 12:04AM
Thats proper funny! Love it! Good find!!
RogBrown 7 3.0k 10 England
9 Sep 2011 9:45AM
Very funny Smile
peterjones 12 4.0k 1 United Kingdom
9 Sep 2011 10:10AM

Quote:Lobsterboy, I have to take issue with your statement: "No point in taking great photos of ugly people"

As a portrait photographer, I feel it's my professional responsibility to look for, find and portray the beauty that's within the people who come to my studio, however conventionally "ugly" they might be.

Any fool can take snaps of a stunning model!

I have to agree with William, sometimes what makes a photographer excellent is not the pictures taken of a beautiful bride and groom in stunning light against an incredible background but the best images possible from a bride and groom who are not fortunate to possess even features; the light may be incredibly challenging and the venue could be much better; a great photographer will extract great pictures from the latter scenario.
lobsterboy e2
10 14.2k 13 United Kingdom
9 Sep 2011 10:49AM
whoosh!
abel 10 518 United Kingdom
13 Sep 2011 6:50PM
I know a photographer who shall of course remain nameless who advertises in his guff that he has been 'involved in weddings for over 20 years' - I asked him about this once, and he told me he had been married over 20 years ago, and had been to countless ones since - as a guest. You couldn't make it up.

Also, quite recently, someone pitched themselves to me as the local god of -a particular genre of- photography and casually said they might be able to put a bit of business my way when they were too busy. Needless to say I went looking round this person's various web presences to see what I could learn from the master, only to find evidence of just one shoot from that genre ...

Lots of blaggers out there, sadly ... and plenty of bloody good photographers who can't blag even a little and are worse off for it ...

Prospective clients need to wise up and look at previous work before deciding if a photographer is for them or not ...
uggyy 9 2.1k 9 Scotland
14 Sep 2011 2:25AM
Sheesh I been away for ages and nothing changes Smile I could add so much to this but I think I would be in court by the end of the week lol... Smile So I will keep my gub shut...
mohikan22 10 2.2k 1 United Kingdom
14 Sep 2011 5:46PM
that video is funny as you like GrinGrin
Jay44 8 1.4k Wales
15 Sep 2011 6:50PM
That video is brilliant! Grin
MrGoatsmilk 6 1.5k England
20 May 2012 7:21PM
This is an old thread I know but I saw something that made me remember it....

I really don't know what to say
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
20 May 2012 7:26PM
My first thought was oh well, just snaps, but then i looked at her prices....omg!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.