Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Bad Wedding Photographer

abel 10 518 United Kingdom
20 May 2012 7:52PM
wow!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

janeez e2
6 1.2k 8 United Kingdom
20 May 2012 8:19PM
"I am smokin' a fag!"

Just got some great ideas from this photographer. No need for flash or focussing or pretty much anything. All I need is me camera phone and charge 2 grand. Tidy!
AlexandraSD 3 435 United Kingdom
20 May 2012 8:25PM
The couple on the About Us page, are they really a couple? Looks a very awkward kiss to me, he's thinking "do i have to" and she's thinking "i dont find you attractive"....
mlewis 10 1.5k United Kingdom
20 May 2012 10:12PM
I like the way the pictures state they have been taken with a cheap Panasonic bridge camera. Just the sort of thing you expect someone who charges that amount to use.
Carrera_c 5 271 3 United Kingdom
20 May 2012 11:02PM
I'm actually at a total loss for words...
johnnyboy114 6 231 106 United Kingdom
21 May 2012 7:50AM
You know what? Someone will pay for that....seriously.......

Unbelievable.........makes me wonder what the hell I am doing wrong.....lol! Smile

Maybe I should go and do about 10 weddings a week with nothing but an iPhone and charge 250.....there you go....2500 in my pocket! Smile

Staggering stuff.......
NEWDIGIT 3 401 United Kingdom
21 May 2012 8:56AM
I have commented on other threads about the "pro" at my daughters wedding 2000 paid by her father in law.
The "pro" didnt even have a spare SD card, I sold him my spare 4gb for 100, and come to think of it he only had a !8-105 on his D7000 and nothing else, not even a tripod.
His shots were awful to the extent the final bill was refused and I ended up making up several albums and some A3 prints.
Im only a digital starter having returned to photography following retirement perhaps its time for the true pros to start lobbying for some sought of federation membership before you can start advertiseing as a photographer
answersonapostcard e2
10 12.7k 15 United Kingdom
21 May 2012 8:58AM
A rate advertised it not necessarily a rate paid.
Carrera_c 5 271 3 United Kingdom
21 May 2012 10:57AM

Quote:A rate advertised it not necessarily a rate paid.

True but most of the time it is, and the other times the amount paid won't be far off. The staggering thing is that they obviously think this is what there work is worth.
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
21 May 2012 11:02AM
I am guessing sometimes a high rate makes people think you're good! Wink
Lucian 4 561
21 May 2012 11:40AM

Quote:I am guessing sometimes a high rate makes people think you're good! Wink

Good point.Tongue
keithh e2
11 23.4k 33 Wallis And Futuna
21 May 2012 12:38PM
Apt...
MrGoatsmilk 6 1.5k England
21 May 2012 1:01PM
I quite like the shot of the photographer and videographer at work (in the wedding gallery), seems the wedding is one that she was passing and not actually at. You may not see them at first as they seem to be hidden in a purple blur.
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
21 May 2012 1:06PM

Quote:they seem to be hidden in a purple blur

It may get sold as a 'Fine Art' photo! Grin
AlexandraSD 3 435 United Kingdom
21 May 2012 6:14PM
I am doing a wedding in 4 weeks time, should i switch it to full auto for a change and hope for the best or should i control it manually to get the very best out of an image because thats what the client is paying for?

I am not a wedding photographer, far from it, my last wedding was 3 years ago and most of the images were ok, they were not nowhere near as bad as those on that girls site. Have learned so much in all that time though, and awkward lighting conditions which phased me before do not hinder me now. But i am not a pro wedding tog, and dont pretend to be, and i am certainly not charging 2000's for it. Next months happy couple knows my work very well, its why they approached me in the first place, not because i advertise myself as some seasoned wedding pro, with a website that looks like a vistaprint one (not sure where the site came from, no data in the html or css pages).

We have all seen a tog like that at a wedding though. True story, many moons ago (i was in my teens) i was in town with my camera, walking through st peters church gardens where i saw a wedding taking place. The bride looked lovely, so i asked the photographer, and the couple, if i could take a few images. I ended up going through 4 rolls of film. Anyway, showed mum the photos, she loved them, she showed them to my aunt, who recognized the bride and showed the images to her, who then got in touch with me asking for more photos because she didnt like the ones she got from the tog who did her wedding. In fact she replaced many of his images with my own. I think the photographer went a bit OTT with filters, the soft focus, spot focus, sepia etc, where as mine were clean, sharp, bright, typical fuji superia colours.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.