Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Bad Wedding Photographer

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

abel
abel  10518 forum posts United Kingdom
20 May 2012 - 7:52 PM

wow!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
20 May 2012 - 7:52 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

janeez
janeez e2 Member 61195 forum postsjaneez vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
20 May 2012 - 8:19 PM

"I am smokin' a fag!"

Just got some great ideas from this photographer. No need for flash or focussing or pretty much anything. All I need is me camera phone and charge 2 grand. Tidy!

Last Modified By janeez at 20 May 2012 - 8:24 PM
AlexandraSD
20 May 2012 - 8:25 PM

The couple on the About Us page, are they really a couple? Looks a very awkward kiss to me, he's thinking "do i have to" and she's thinking "i dont find you attractive"....

mlewis
mlewis  101476 forum posts United Kingdom
20 May 2012 - 10:12 PM

I like the way the pictures state they have been taken with a cheap Panasonic bridge camera. Just the sort of thing you expect someone who charges that amount to use.

Carrera_c
Carrera_c  5256 forum posts United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
20 May 2012 - 11:02 PM

I'm actually at a total loss for words...

johnnyboy114
21 May 2012 - 7:50 AM

You know what? Someone will pay for that....seriously.......

Unbelievable.........makes me wonder what the hell I am doing wrong.....lol! Smile

Maybe I should go and do about 10 weddings a week with nothing but an iPhone and charge 250.....there you go....2500 in my pocket! Smile

Staggering stuff.......

NEWDIGIT
NEWDIGIT  3401 forum posts United Kingdom
21 May 2012 - 8:56 AM

I have commented on other threads about the "pro" at my daughters wedding 2000 paid by her father in law.
The "pro" didnt even have a spare SD card, I sold him my spare 4gb for 100, and come to think of it he only had a !8-105 on his D7000 and nothing else, not even a tripod.
His shots were awful to the extent the final bill was refused and I ended up making up several albums and some A3 prints.
Im only a digital starter having returned to photography following retirement perhaps its time for the true pros to start lobbying for some sought of federation membership before you can start advertiseing as a photographer

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012609 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
21 May 2012 - 8:58 AM

A rate advertised it not necessarily a rate paid.

Carrera_c
Carrera_c  5256 forum posts United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
21 May 2012 - 10:57 AM

Quote: A rate advertised it not necessarily a rate paid.

True but most of the time it is, and the other times the amount paid won't be far off. The staggering thing is that they obviously think this is what there work is worth.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139544 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
21 May 2012 - 11:02 AM

I am guessing sometimes a high rate makes people think you're good! Wink

Lucian
Lucian  4561 forum posts
21 May 2012 - 11:40 AM

Quote: I am guessing sometimes a high rate makes people think you're good! Wink

Good point.Tongue

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1023178 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
21 May 2012 - 12:38 PM

Apt...

MrGoatsmilk
21 May 2012 - 1:01 PM

I quite like the shot of the photographer and videographer at work (in the wedding gallery), seems the wedding is one that she was passing and not actually at. You may not see them at first as they seem to be hidden in a purple blur.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139544 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
21 May 2012 - 1:06 PM

Quote: they seem to be hidden in a purple blur

It may get sold as a 'Fine Art' photo! Grin

AlexandraSD
21 May 2012 - 6:14 PM

I am doing a wedding in 4 weeks time, should i switch it to full auto for a change and hope for the best or should i control it manually to get the very best out of an image because thats what the client is paying for?

I am not a wedding photographer, far from it, my last wedding was 3 years ago and most of the images were ok, they were not nowhere near as bad as those on that girls site. Have learned so much in all that time though, and awkward lighting conditions which phased me before do not hinder me now. But i am not a pro wedding tog, and dont pretend to be, and i am certainly not charging 2000's for it. Next months happy couple knows my work very well, its why they approached me in the first place, not because i advertise myself as some seasoned wedding pro, with a website that looks like a vistaprint one (not sure where the site came from, no data in the html or css pages).

We have all seen a tog like that at a wedding though. True story, many moons ago (i was in my teens) i was in town with my camera, walking through st peters church gardens where i saw a wedding taking place. The bride looked lovely, so i asked the photographer, and the couple, if i could take a few images. I ended up going through 4 rolls of film. Anyway, showed mum the photos, she loved them, she showed them to my aunt, who recognized the bride and showed the images to her, who then got in touch with me asking for more photos because she didnt like the ones she got from the tog who did her wedding. In fact she replaced many of his images with my own. I think the photographer went a bit OTT with filters, the soft focus, spot focus, sepia etc, where as mine were clean, sharp, bright, typical fuji superia colours.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.