Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Banks and Cheques and torment!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Overread
    Overread  63770 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Feb 2012 - 10:39 PM

Ok someone tell me, why is it when you cash a cheque, the bank has to torment you by putting CR on the end of your bank balance statment when checking on the hole-in-the-wall. Also why is my total and withdrawl amount now equal when I have an active overdraft facility??

Gah they do it every time just to torment me ----- for 3/4 days!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    2 Feb 2012 - 10:39 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ianrobinson
    ianrobinson e2 Member 41108 forum postsianrobinson vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Feb 2012 - 10:43 PM

well they got to earn some money out of your money don't theyWink

CaptivePhotons
    CaptivePhotons e2 Member 111555 forum postsCaptivePhotons vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Feb 2012 - 10:59 AM

Can someone explain why it is that when I withdraw cash my balance reduces immediately, yet when I deposit cash I have to wait a couple of days for it?

JJGEE
    JJGEE  96319 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Feb 2012 - 11:16 AM

Quote: yet when I deposit cash I have to wait a couple of days for it?

You actually have cash to deposit ?

If it is spare cash please send it in my direction as I have been shopping this week and need to top up the piggy bank Wink

Paul_Anthony
    3 Feb 2012 - 11:20 AM

Quote: Can someone explain why it is that when I withdraw cash my balance reduces immediately, yet when I deposit cash I have to wait a couple of days for it?

Who do you bank with? When I deposit cash it shows as being credited straight away.

brian1208
    brian1208 e2 Member 1110310 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Feb 2012 - 11:40 AM

I bank with NatWest and they have a cunning ploy with cheques.

You bank it and it shows in your credit statement as being in your account but if you try to withdraw it (in my case to make a large payment which the money had been placed in my account for) they tell you there are insufficient funds.

When I challenged the "Help" person they told me that if I had read the T&Cs (in the "Very Fine Print" section) I would have known that although it shows its there its not actually available to me for 3 - 5 days "Whilst they process the payment through clearing" - (as Ian said - they need to take their cut and they can get even more if they can get you to go "Overdrawn" in the process)

Overread
    Overread  63770 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Feb 2012 - 5:59 PM

Well they finally gave me the money Grin

but then WEX took the money away from me Sad

Last Modified By Overread at 3 Feb 2012 - 5:59 PM
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.