Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Bargh Humbug

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318456 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
23 Nov 2011 - 10:47 AM

I just got told to f off to Afghanistan because I shared a post on Facebook that had this image that suggested Christmas should go away it's still November (edit photo deleted here as it's adult nature)

So what do you think about Christmas? Like it? Indifferent? or loathe it?

My view
It used to be special because it lasted for a few weeks, but now it drags on from September to December. Its the music that gets me down, I don't want to hear those rubbish songs ever again, but ever year I am subjected to almost three months of the dirge.

Last Modified By Pete at 23 Nov 2011 - 10:53 AM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
23 Nov 2011 - 10:47 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

bangalicious
23 Nov 2011 - 10:50 AM

I thought that this was a family site...?

CaptivePhotons
CaptivePhotons e2 Member 111561 forum postsCaptivePhotons vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
23 Nov 2011 - 10:50 AM

I think that picture should be printed in its thousands and the public should rise up and plaster it all over the windows of those establishments that have Christmas decor up in November.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318456 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
23 Nov 2011 - 10:53 AM

Quote: I thought that this was a family site...?

Fair point I've now censored my post Wink

Quote:
I think that picture should be printed in its thousands and the public should rise up and plaster it all over the windows of those establishments that have Christmas decor up in November.

Great Idea

Last Modified By Pete at 23 Nov 2011 - 10:54 AM
digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
23 Nov 2011 - 10:54 AM

That's made my day, a post of Pete's being moderated! Grin

kitz
kitz  884 forum posts
23 Nov 2011 - 10:54 AM

problem solved quicker than I can type Smile

Last Modified By kitz at 23 Nov 2011 - 11:02 AM
CathyT
CathyT e2 Member 87281 forum postsCathyT vcard United Kingdom18 Constructive Critique Points
23 Nov 2011 - 10:55 AM

Yes ...hate Christmas.......

The mind numbingly awful music.........the tinsel (whoever invented that should be shot)........the manic shopping....the flipping tree.

Its just all a bit of a drama.......and extremely stressful.

I suppose its alright when you have young kids but otherwise i can't be doing with it.

As Pete said...if it was for a week max I'd probably enjoy it.

This year I'm not buying any presents apart from 5 joke presses to open at Christmas dinner and we are all going to Cyprus......(apparently I can't escape it there either ;( )

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
23 Nov 2011 - 10:55 AM

With all this doom and gloom, if it makes people happier and jollier, then why not?
Put your headphones on and turn the volume up, if you don't like Christmas songs.
There is no need to be a grumpy old man/woman.

JJGEE
JJGEE  96340 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
23 Nov 2011 - 10:56 AM

Irrespective of the views on whether Christmas is no longer special I think it is rather unfortunate that the Chairman of the publishing company of ePHOTOzine uploads an image with such language on it in an open forum

Does not set a good example at all and possibly will now be difficult to prevent similar such items being posted in the Forums.

Edit
Oh, I see that the image has now been deleted but should never have happened in the first instance.

Last Modified By JJGEE at 23 Nov 2011 - 10:57 AM
Pete
23 Nov 2011 - 10:57 AM

Feeeeeeed the wuuuuuurrrrrlldd

Pete
23 Nov 2011 - 10:58 AM

Quote: I think it is rather unfortunate that the Chairman of the publishing company of ePHOTOzine uploads an image with such language on it in an open forum.

Very true - hands up - I made a mistake and it's rectified.

CaptivePhotons
CaptivePhotons e2 Member 111561 forum postsCaptivePhotons vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
23 Nov 2011 - 10:58 AM

Quote: With all this doom and gloom, if it makes people happier and jollier, then why not?

Because after 8-10 weeks of it, I am anything but jolly.

Quote: Put your headphones on and turn the volume up, if you don't like Christmas songs.

But there's just no respite; radio, shops, street....it's endless.

Quote: There is no need to be a grumpy old man/woman.

Cobblers

Last Modified By CaptivePhotons at 23 Nov 2011 - 11:00 AM
Pete
23 Nov 2011 - 10:59 AM

Quote: I think he's been drinking.

Of course I have, iiiiiiittttttasssss Chriiiiiiiiistmaaaaaaaaaaaaassssss

Last Modified By Pete at 23 Nov 2011 - 10:59 AM
CathyT
CathyT e2 Member 87281 forum postsCathyT vcard United Kingdom18 Constructive Critique Points
23 Nov 2011 - 10:59 AM

Quote: Irrespective of the views on whether Christmas is no longer special I think it is rather unfortunate that the Chairman of the publishing company of ePHOTOzine uploads an image with such language on it in an open forum

Does not set a good example at all and possibly will now be difficult to prevent similar such items being posted in the Forums.

Edit
Oh, I see that the image has now been deleted but should never have happened in the first instance.

Shows the moderators are doing their job well....Wink

danbrann
danbrann e2 Member 10474 forum postsdanbrann vcard 15 Constructive Critique Points
23 Nov 2011 - 11:00 AM

Miserale b**gers.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.