Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Bargh Humbug

Pete e2
13 18.5k 96 England
23 Nov 2011 10:47AM
I just got told to f off to Afghanistan because I shared a post on Facebook that had this image that suggested Christmas should go away it's still November (edit photo deleted here as it's adult nature)

So what do you think about Christmas? Like it? Indifferent? or loathe it?

My view
It used to be special because it lasted for a few weeks, but now it drags on from September to December. Its the music that gets me down, I don't want to hear those rubbish songs ever again, but ever year I am subjected to almost three months of the dirge.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

bangalicious 6 1.3k 5 England
23 Nov 2011 10:50AM
I thought that this was a family site...?
CaptivePhotons 11 1.6k 2 England
23 Nov 2011 10:50AM
I think that picture should be printed in its thousands and the public should rise up and plaster it all over the windows of those establishments that have Christmas decor up in November.
Pete e2
13 18.5k 96 England
23 Nov 2011 10:53AM

Quote:I thought that this was a family site...?
Fair point I've now censored my post Wink

Quote:
I think that picture should be printed in its thousands and the public should rise up and plaster it all over the windows of those establishments that have Christmas decor up in November.

Great Idea
digicammad 11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
23 Nov 2011 10:54AM
That's made my day, a post of Pete's being moderated! Grin
kitz 8 84
23 Nov 2011 10:54AM
problem solved quicker than I can type Smile
CathyT e2
8 7.3k 18 United Kingdom
23 Nov 2011 10:55AM
Yes ...hate Christmas.......

The mind numbingly awful music.........the tinsel (whoever invented that should be shot)........the manic shopping....the flipping tree.

Its just all a bit of a drama.......and extremely stressful.

I suppose its alright when you have young kids but otherwise i can't be doing with it.

As Pete said...if it was for a week max I'd probably enjoy it.

This year I'm not buying any presents apart from 5 joke presses to open at Christmas dinner and we are all going to Cyprus......(apparently I can't escape it there either ;( )
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
23 Nov 2011 10:55AM
With all this doom and gloom, if it makes people happier and jollier, then why not?
Put your headphones on and turn the volume up, if you don't like Christmas songs.
There is no need to be a grumpy old man/woman.
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
23 Nov 2011 10:56AM
Irrespective of the views on whether Christmas is no longer special I think it is rather unfortunate that the Chairman of the publishing company of ePHOTOzine uploads an image with such language on it in an open forum

Does not set a good example at all and possibly will now be difficult to prevent similar such items being posted in the Forums.

Edit
Oh, I see that the image has now been deleted but should never have happened in the first instance.
Pete e2
13 18.5k 96 England
23 Nov 2011 10:57AM
Feeeeeeed the wuuuuuurrrrrlldd
Pete e2
13 18.5k 96 England
23 Nov 2011 10:58AM

Quote:I think it is rather unfortunate that the Chairman of the publishing company of ePHOTOzine uploads an image with such language on it in an open forum.

Very true - hands up - I made a mistake and it's rectified.
CaptivePhotons 11 1.6k 2 England
23 Nov 2011 10:58AM

Quote:With all this doom and gloom, if it makes people happier and jollier, then why not?

Because after 8-10 weeks of it, I am anything but jolly.

Quote:Put your headphones on and turn the volume up, if you don't like Christmas songs.

But there's just no respite; radio, shops, street....it's endless.

Quote:There is no need to be a grumpy old man/woman.

Cobblers
Pete e2
13 18.5k 96 England
23 Nov 2011 10:59AM

Quote:I think he's been drinking.

Of course I have, iiiiiiittttttasssss Chriiiiiiiiistmaaaaaaaaaaaaassssss
CathyT e2
8 7.3k 18 United Kingdom
23 Nov 2011 10:59AM

Quote:Irrespective of the views on whether Christmas is no longer special I think it is rather unfortunate that the Chairman of the publishing company of ePHOTOzine uploads an image with such language on it in an open forum

Does not set a good example at all and possibly will now be difficult to prevent similar such items being posted in the Forums.

Edit
Oh, I see that the image has now been deleted but should never have happened in the first instance.

Shows the moderators are doing their job well....Wink
danbrann e2
10 476 15
23 Nov 2011 11:00AM
Miserale b**gers.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.