Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Bargh Humbug

CathyT e2
8 7.3k 18 United Kingdom
23 Nov 2011 11:34AM
HHMMMM.....so where in the world can you go to escape Christmas??

Iran, Afghanistan ect....but there must be more moderate places???

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Maddie 9 2.7k 2 United Kingdom
23 Nov 2011 11:36AM
I would rather celebrate christmas at home then go away somewhere warm in the New Year Smile Anywhere would do......
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
23 Nov 2011 11:39AM

Quote:I am very curious about your image which was deleted!

Nothing special it just had the F word on it...
Big Bri 13 15.7k United Kingdom
23 Nov 2011 11:47AM
Pete, if you want help with Photoshop to show you how to edit the F word out of the image, I'm sure someone here could help.
23 Nov 2011 11:48AM
And I agree with the sentiment (sorry Barrie).

For me, I only want to think about Christmas when I have finished work for two weeks, when I can stop feeling guilty about having the heating on, or opening a bottle of Baileys, and the decorations go up on Christmas eve and come down on 12th night.
hobbo e2
3 891 2 England
23 Nov 2011 11:53AM
You young 'uns make me smile..............You don't give a thought to the thousands of service folk who spent around five Christmasses, in trenches, tanks, bombers, fighter planes, submarines, fighting ships, jungles, German and Japanese Prisoner of War camps etc, etc.....or for the thousands who didn't make it home........You should have been a little kid like me during WWII ......No dad for over six years ...... Hard pressed mum with no money trying to feed us four kids on wartime rations.....with just a paper chain covered holly branch as a. Christmas tree.............You have the lot plus more besides and STILL you 'ain't happy.........HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!

Hobbo
keithh e2
11 23.4k 33 Wallis And Futuna
23 Nov 2011 12:00PM

Quote:You young 'uns make me smile..............You don't give a thought to the thousands of service folk who spent around five Christmasses, in trenches, tanks, bombers, fighter planes, submarines, fighting ships, jungles, German and Japanese Prisoner of War camps etc, etc.....or for the thousands who didn't make it home........You should have been a little kid like me during WWII ......No dad for over six years ...... Hard pressed mum with no money trying to feed us four kids on wartime rations.....with just a paper chain covered holly branch as a. Christmas tree.............You have the lot plus more besides and STILL you 'ain't happy.........HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!

Hobbo

Time for the Python Yorkshireman Sketch again?
Wink
JohnParminter 7 1.3k 14 England
23 Nov 2011 12:05PM
I like Christmas day, it feels different and just a bit more special than other days. We are usually woken early by the kids, open presents etc and seeing the excitement on their faces. I go for a long run over the fells with my brother in the morning while my wife cooks dinner (she enjoys it), have dinner then spend rest of day with family and neighbours.

I like the time off work but really don't care for anything else about Christmas time.
CathyT e2
8 7.3k 18 United Kingdom
23 Nov 2011 12:06PM
Oh to be a man.....
23 Nov 2011 12:07PM
I bet they didn't celebrate Christmas for 3 months in t'olden days
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
23 Nov 2011 12:08PM

Quote:I bet they didn't celebrate Christmas for 3 months in t'olden days

And they certainly didn't have Vera Lynn singing some poxy wish it could be Christmas every day song
Tooth 9 5.8k 227 Ireland
23 Nov 2011 12:11PM
Bahh Humbug

I'm allergic to Christmas

I've got tinsellitis...
mohikan22 10 2.3k 1 United Kingdom
23 Nov 2011 12:13PM
LOL
CathyT e2
8 7.3k 18 United Kingdom
23 Nov 2011 12:16PM

Quote:You young 'uns make me smile..............You don't give a thought to the thousands of service folk who spent around five Christmasses, in trenches, tanks, bombers, fighter planes, submarines, fighting ships, jungles, German and Japanese Prisoner of War camps etc, etc.....or for the thousands who didn't make it home........You should have been a little kid like me during WWII ......No dad for over six years ...... Hard pressed mum with no money trying to feed us four kids on wartime rations.....with just a paper chain covered holly branch as a. Christmas tree.............You have the lot plus more besides and STILL you 'ain't happy.........HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!

Hobbo

Nothing wrong with spending cherished time with family and friends but thats not Christmas stands for anymore.........its all to commercial....drives me nuts.
CathyT e2
8 7.3k 18 United Kingdom
23 Nov 2011 12:22PM

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.