Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Bargh Humbug

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

CathyT
CathyT e2 Member 87271 forum postsCathyT vcard United Kingdom18 Constructive Critique Points
23 Nov 2011 - 11:34 AM

HHMMMM.....so where in the world can you go to escape Christmas??

Iran, Afghanistan ect....but there must be more moderate places???

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
23 Nov 2011 - 11:34 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Maddie
Maddie  92714 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
23 Nov 2011 - 11:36 AM

I would rather celebrate christmas at home then go away somewhere warm in the New Year Smile Anywhere would do......

Last Modified By Maddie at 23 Nov 2011 - 11:37 AM
Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318434 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
23 Nov 2011 - 11:39 AM

Quote: I am very curious about your image which was deleted!

Nothing special it just had the F word on it...

Big Bri
Big Bri  1315548 forum posts England
23 Nov 2011 - 11:47 AM

Pete, if you want help with Photoshop to show you how to edit the F word out of the image, I'm sure someone here could help.

Big Bri
23 Nov 2011 - 11:48 AM

And I agree with the sentiment (sorry Barrie).

For me, I only want to think about Christmas when I have finished work for two weeks, when I can stop feeling guilty about having the heating on, or opening a bottle of Baileys, and the decorations go up on Christmas eve and come down on 12th night.

hobbo
hobbo e2 Member 3774 forum postshobbo vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
23 Nov 2011 - 11:53 AM

You young 'uns make me smile..............You don't give a thought to the thousands of service folk who spent around five Christmasses, in trenches, tanks, bombers, fighter planes, submarines, fighting ships, jungles, German and Japanese Prisoner of War camps etc, etc.....or for the thousands who didn't make it home........You should have been a little kid like me during WWII ......No dad for over six years ...... Hard pressed mum with no money trying to feed us four kids on wartime rations.....with just a paper chain covered holly branch as a. Christmas tree.............You have the lot plus more besides and STILL you 'ain't happy.........HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!

Hobbo

keithh
keithh  1022811 forum posts Wallis and Futuna29 Constructive Critique Points
23 Nov 2011 - 12:00 PM

Quote: You young 'uns make me smile..............You don't give a thought to the thousands of service folk who spent around five Christmasses, in trenches, tanks, bombers, fighter planes, submarines, fighting ships, jungles, German and Japanese Prisoner of War camps etc, etc.....or for the thousands who didn't make it home........You should have been a little kid like me during WWII ......No dad for over six years ...... Hard pressed mum with no money trying to feed us four kids on wartime rations.....with just a paper chain covered holly branch as a. Christmas tree.............You have the lot plus more besides and STILL you 'ain't happy.........HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!

Hobbo

Time for the Python Yorkshireman Sketch again?
Wink

JohnParminter
23 Nov 2011 - 12:05 PM

I like Christmas day, it feels different and just a bit more special than other days. We are usually woken early by the kids, open presents etc and seeing the excitement on their faces. I go for a long run over the fells with my brother in the morning while my wife cooks dinner (she enjoys it), have dinner then spend rest of day with family and neighbours.

I like the time off work but really don't care for anything else about Christmas time.

CathyT
CathyT e2 Member 87271 forum postsCathyT vcard United Kingdom18 Constructive Critique Points
23 Nov 2011 - 12:06 PM

Oh to be a man.....

Big Bri
23 Nov 2011 - 12:07 PM

I bet they didn't celebrate Christmas for 3 months in t'olden days

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318434 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
23 Nov 2011 - 12:08 PM

Quote: I bet they didn't celebrate Christmas for 3 months in t'olden days

And they certainly didn't have Vera Lynn singing some poxy wish it could be Christmas every day song

Tooth
Tooth  95772 forum posts Ireland227 Constructive Critique Points
23 Nov 2011 - 12:11 PM

Bahh Humbug

I'm allergic to Christmas

I've got tinsellitis...

mohikan22
mohikan22  102187 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
23 Nov 2011 - 12:13 PM

LOL

CathyT
23 Nov 2011 - 12:16 PM

Quote: You young 'uns make me smile..............You don't give a thought to the thousands of service folk who spent around five Christmasses, in trenches, tanks, bombers, fighter planes, submarines, fighting ships, jungles, German and Japanese Prisoner of War camps etc, etc.....or for the thousands who didn't make it home........You should have been a little kid like me during WWII ......No dad for over six years ...... Hard pressed mum with no money trying to feed us four kids on wartime rations.....with just a paper chain covered holly branch as a. Christmas tree.............You have the lot plus more besides and STILL you 'ain't happy.........HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!

Hobbo

Nothing wrong with spending cherished time with family and friends but thats not Christmas stands for anymore.........its all to commercial....drives me nuts.

CathyT
23 Nov 2011 - 12:22 PM

Here are some tips

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.