Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Bargh Humbug

JackAllTog e2
5 3.7k 58 United Kingdom
23 Nov 2011 1:08PM
Christmas is a great way to break up a miserable winter, to remind the family you care for them (or not), often get a few days off work, and indulge in things you might not normally or even reconsider if religion is good or bad. Sure there is loads of bah humbug and it starts commercially way to early but without it our world would be a duller place. And anyway sometimes epZ gives christmas presents Smile

"Happy Christmas all you party optmists out there" , he says walking out the room humming jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the .......

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

CaptivePhotons 11 1.6k 2 England
23 Nov 2011 1:11PM

Quote:Christmas is a great way to break up a miserable winter

But it doesn't break it up. That's just the point. It begins in October and gears up through November all the way up to Dec 25th. Then on Dec 26th you can buy the same goods at half the price.
franken e2
12 3.2k 4 Wales
23 Nov 2011 1:16PM
And as soon as it's all over we are bombarded with holiday adverts that keep us entertained until the Easter eggs hit the shops! Smile
CaptivePhotons 11 1.6k 2 England
23 Nov 2011 1:17PM

Quote:And as soon as it's all over we are bombarded with holiday adverts

Yeah, bloody summer, I hate it Tongue
newfocus 8 644 2 United Kingdom
23 Nov 2011 1:22PM
Yep - I love Christmas day - the spirit of it and the time with friends and family - but it's all clearly out of hand when you walk into a shop or pub in mid October and the Christmas tree + dreadful jingly music is out already.

Quote:That's your own fault, not the retailers.

I think that sums it up though - it'll only change if we as consumers vote with our feet and spread our spending rather than going absolutely mental on Christmas then being skint for six months. Retailers do what they know brings them more cash. Presumably Christmas only starts in October in the high street because shoppers vote for that with increased spending as soon as Christmas lights come out. Sadly.
User_Removed 10 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
23 Nov 2011 1:28PM
The songs are shocking, they were playing that crap yesterday in one shop and I had to leave early.

It can be such a gloomy horrible time of year that I'm actually quite happy to see early lights and decorations! I never thought I'd say that.
CathyT e2
8 7.3k 18 United Kingdom
23 Nov 2011 1:44PM
It wouldn't be so bad if we had good weather for the 2 weeks but usually that is crap too and everyone is just stuck indoors for days on end watching crap TV.....but not this year. Troodos Mountains for me.
newfocus 8 644 2 United Kingdom
23 Nov 2011 1:58PM
The last few years there's been plenty of snow over Christmas near me, or at least some good frosty days - no good if you're trying to get to work but fantastic as long as you're off.
Carabosse e2
11 39.5k 269 England
23 Nov 2011 1:59PM
Three boxed sets of DVDs have just arrived, so I don't need to watch Christmas TV! Wink
jondf 8 2.5k
23 Nov 2011 2:01PM

Quote:Cobblers

Hey! That's MY word!!

p.s. if you could check back through my posts going back years, you'd see it was.....really.

What? You don't believe me?

Well .........COBBLERS! then.....eh? Wink
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
23 Nov 2011 2:01PM

Quote:and everyone is just stuck indoors for days on end watching crap TV..

Then for those that are not going abroad why not come along to the 8th Annual BWC Meet

Has been a good day out previously so I see no reason why this year should be any different Smile
mikehit e2
5 6.8k 11 United Kingdom
23 Nov 2011 2:06PM
And Christmas marks the time when the nights start getting shorter. Only 4 weeks to go Grin
keithh e2
10 23.2k 33 Wallis And Futuna
23 Nov 2011 2:23PM

Quote:And Christmas marks the time when the nights start getting shorter.

Longer.

Typo?
Wink
Pete e2
13 18.5k 96 England
23 Nov 2011 2:24PM

Quote:but not this year. Troodos Mountains for me.
Troodos mountains is good - all the locals go up into the snow - they build snow men on the front of their cars. It was very festive, but not trashy like ours, that's reserved for the hotels filled with Brits abroad, egg, chips... and stuffing.
keithh e2
10 23.2k 33 Wallis And Futuna
23 Nov 2011 2:27PM

Quote:but not trashy like ours, that's reserved for the hotels filled with Brits abroad, egg, chips... and Taylors.

Couldn't resist.
Wink

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.