Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Bargh Humbug

NaturesHaven e2
3 260 5 England
23 Nov 2011 4:06PM
I like Christmas.............since I was knee high to a grasshopper I've loved the occasion, I ignore all the hype and the commercial side of it, if people want to be miserable and moaning about it all....I say let em, one thing Brits are No 1 in the world at it's being NEGATIVE about almost everything.........SadSadSadSadSad

This is our festival and nobody is going to spoil it for us............we have our Christmas tree up and the lights are shining brightly..........so there.......TongueTongueTongue

So peeps enjoy whatever it is you will be doing on Christmas morning or should I say Christmas moaning.........I'll be out with my camera gear enjoying myself with the birds......at least they don't moan or complain (apart form the Starlings) TongueTongue

Cheer up for gods sake...........we're a long time dead........

Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year To All

xxGrinGrin

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 10 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
23 Nov 2011 4:16PM

Quote:Quote: And Christmas marks the time when the nights start getting shorter.

Longer.

Typo?

I think he does mean shorter, isn't the longest night around the 21st and from then on they get shorter and the days get longer as we head towards Spring. Roll on Spring ffs.
mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
23 Nov 2011 4:18PM

Quote:And Christmas marks the time when the nights start getting shorter.

Longer.

Typo?
Wink

Nope. Days get longer as we pass the solstice and move into Spring. Nights get shorter.

No typo.
Wink

OK, I know the solstice is on 22-Dec but once Christmas is out of the way it is a clear run.
CathyT e2
8 7.3k 18 United Kingdom
23 Nov 2011 5:10PM
OOOOhhhhhhh....SpringSmile
mattw 11 5.2k 10 United Kingdom
23 Nov 2011 5:10PM

Quote:Nope. Days get longer as we pass the solstice and move into Spring. Nights get shorter.

No typo.

Actually, we move into Winter as we pass the solstice Wink
mattw 11 5.2k 10 United Kingdom
23 Nov 2011 5:14PM

Quote:
Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year To All

I'll be merry in one month's time.

It takes a whole year's grumpiness to save up for one weeks merriment.
keith selmes 11 7.1k 1 United Kingdom
23 Nov 2011 5:28PM
well, I'm not reading all that thread, but I do think the latter part of November is time to start thinking about Christmas.
the cold and gloom are setting in and we need something to take our minds off it.

Solstice, Christmas, whatever, go for it.

(The garden centre filling up with christmas decorations in september/october when its still bulb planting time is just too silly but it seems to be what most people want. As one old man there said "people's different now" )
CaptivePhotons 11 1.6k 2 England
23 Nov 2011 6:05PM

Quote:Cheer up for gods sake...........we're a long time dead........

Yup, nearly as long as Christmas these days. Wink
Big Bri 13 15.7k United Kingdom
23 Nov 2011 7:56PM
Last Christmas, I spent most days down on Freemans Marsh photographing the birds (including a glossy ibis) and forgetting about work. Didn't listen to any music Smile
I love the dark nights, snow (for a day, if we're lucky), present, decorations (within reason!), time off work, seeing family, drinking Baileys Smile

I just think this is going too far:

houseblinging.jpg

adrian_w e2
7 3.4k 4 Scotland
23 Nov 2011 8:57PM
We've got neighbours a bit like that! SadSad
Big Bri 13 15.7k United Kingdom
23 Nov 2011 9:10PM
This guy was on the corner of a cul-de-sac in Kilgetty. Eventually, the whole cul-de-sac was like this, except one house that remaining pitch black Smile
chris.maddock 13 3.4k United Kingdom
23 Nov 2011 9:14PM
Reminds me of the Griswold residence in Christmas Vacation Wink
kathrynlouise 3 421 1 United Kingdom
23 Nov 2011 10:04PM
I use to love xmas but other half not a fan so its gradually rubbed off on me and it's my first xmas working for a certain supermarket and i know its going to be mayhem Tongue
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
23 Nov 2011 11:13PM
I live in a bubble, a bubble where Xmas arrives around the 23rd of December when I head to the folks - it's great.

If you listen to Radio 4 and watch BBC4, you get no Xmas songs and no xmas adverts

It's the only solution.

Oh, and shop online

do all that, and Xmas becomes special again - I still enjoy it hugely
StrayCat e2
10 15.5k 2 Canada
23 Nov 2011 11:28PM
Even though it's the most stressful time of year, it always ends up being huge fun.Grin

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.