Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Batch conversion query

hobbo e2
3 891 2 England
5 Aug 2012 1:26PM
 HELP PLEASE..I shot about 30 pics of a neighbours wedding on Friday...all are now DNG files convered from RAW in DNG Converter...I have processe many as PSDs...QUERY...CAN I BATCH save them all as TIFFS or JPEGS so they play on a CDR in a CD player or at a photo store please?...or do I have to open then save each in turn?

Cheers!

Hobbo

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Chrism8 8 752 14 England
5 Aug 2012 1:35PM
Hi Hobbo, you don't mention what software your using to process the images, but what your asking can be done fairly easily in PS, certainly versions 4 to 6.

Cheers

Chris
hobbo e2
3 891 2 England
5 Aug 2012 2:03PM
Hi, Chris, many thanks for your prompt reply.

I use PHOTOSHOP CS3 ....BRIDGE....in conjunction with ADOBE DNG CONVERTOR.

This converts my original SONY, PANASONIC AND FUJI RAW files into DNGS.....this is fine for myself because I process the best shots then save as PSDs for my archives or JPEGS for my forum postings.

What I need to do now is to BATCH convert a folder full of DNGS ( some processed) into JPEGS or TIFFS so that they can play from a CDRW ion an everyday CD player or can be processed in somewhere like JESSOPS.

This means that my neighbour can choose which wedding pics she wants to have processed and printed.

If yu or anyone can give me step by step instructions fr doing that in CS3 I would be grateful.

CHEERS!

Hobbo
Jestertheclown 6 6.6k 242 England
5 Aug 2012 2:37PM
Hi Hobbo,
I'm not sure how you'd go about it using CS3. I wouldn't be surprised to find that Adobe make it as difficult as possible.
I think however, that you'll be able to do it easily using FastStone.
I've never used it to convert RAW files but FastStone recognises Psds and DNGs, so using their batch converter, it should be straightforward.
I hope!
GlennH 9 1.9k 1 France
5 Aug 2012 2:48PM
I still have CS3 on my computer. It's just a question of selecting all of your DNG files in Bridge, then clicking on 'Open in Camera Raw'. Then if you want you can click on 'select all' in ACR followed by 'save image', at which point you'll be able to specify the file type. They'll then convert and save.
robthecamman 3 1.4k United Kingdom
5 Aug 2012 2:58PM
irfanview is a free download hobbo i did a search on google that came up with that answer
Chrism8 8 752 14 England
5 Aug 2012 3:14PM
Hi Hobbo, I've used CS4 and more recently 6, but hopefully if you go File then Scripts then Image Processor you can select your preferences and then click go !

Cheers

Chris
GlennH 9 1.9k 1 France
5 Aug 2012 3:28PM

Quote:Hi Hobbo, I've used CS4 and more recently 6, but hopefully if you go File then Scripts then Image Processor you can select your preferences and then click go !

Yep, that'll work. You can run it from Bridge too: Tools>Photoshop>Image Processor. Just select your files before clicking on that and it'll process all selected images.
hobbo e2
3 891 2 England
5 Aug 2012 6:24PM
A HUGE THANK YOU FOLKS.

It all worked beautifully, two Photo CDs made and working.......a bit more learned about CS3 plus proof of what a great site this is.

Hobbo

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.