Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Batteries for the 7d

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
ruby34
ruby34  3 Scotland
30 May 2012 - 8:29 PM

I want a genuine Canon Battery for my 7d. I looked on the Forum but when I went to the 7dayshop they only had 1800 and I would like 2600. There also does not seem anywhere to buy the genuine Canon Battery.
Can anyone help please

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
30 May 2012 - 8:29 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Buchephalus
30 May 2012 - 8:32 PM

Calumet?

User_Removed
30 May 2012 - 8:39 PM

I buy a lot of my stuff here as he is based in Scotland
Here

He has what you need if its genuine canon stuff you prefer

ikett
ikett  3347 forum posts England
30 May 2012 - 8:46 PM

Lots on flea bay, new and used.

ruby34
ruby34  3 Scotland
30 May 2012 - 8:48 PM

thank you both, but do they only go up to 1800 mAh? I took 700 pictures when my 1800 ran out, and my preview is on 2 seconds. I never looked again so I did not waste any battery. I read on one of the Forums that you can get more than 700 from a genuine battery, but my 1800 is a genuine Canon battery.

ruby34
ruby34  3 Scotland
30 May 2012 - 8:53 PM

been on flea bay Grin no real genuine ones only compatable ones.

AndyLeslie
31 May 2012 - 6:49 AM

Eh? Ebay has loads of genuine LP-E6 batteries for sale. Search on "genuine canon lp-e6". Which are 1800mAh by the way. 700 pics sounds about right depending on ISO, lens being IS, etc.

Personally I use a battery grip, have two batteries, two spares for a long shoot and there's always the option of switching to AAs. I usually run out of CF card space before batteries die,

Last Modified By AndyLeslie at 31 May 2012 - 6:53 AM
mikehit
mikehit  56338 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
31 May 2012 - 8:44 AM

Quote: Ebay has loads of genuine LP-E6 batteries for sale.

And huge numbers of fakes. As does Amazon and any other online retailer, unfortunately.
I am not willing to accept the risks so prefer to buy from a high street retailer.

Munro
Munro  638 forum posts United Kingdom
31 May 2012 - 9:27 AM

just an associated question regarding the link above to Ian Kerso's shop. Are the warranties for the camera bodies he sells valid within the UK as I assume these are sourced from outside the UK? Although not listed as currently available the 5D iii is priced at just ove 2,600 on his site.

AndyLeslie
31 May 2012 - 9:55 AM

Ian has said all the stuff he sells have valid warranties.

Quote: Ebay has loads of genuine LP-E6 batteries for sale.

And huge numbers of fakes. As does Amazon and any other online retailer, unfortunately.
I am not willing to accept the risks so prefer to buy from a high street retailer.

Fair enough - Jessops / Jacobs etc all sell kosher Canon batteries. But that wasn't the question asked & answered.

I know plenty of people with non-Canon battery grips and indeed non-Canon batteries. They have yet to be struck by lightning.

Last Modified By AndyLeslie at 31 May 2012 - 9:56 AM
KevSB
KevSB  101407 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
31 May 2012 - 10:26 AM

7 day shop are selling compatitble 1800 batterys 22 quid for a pair, just bought 2 myself

mikehit
31 May 2012 - 10:48 AM

Quote: I know plenty of people with non-Canon battery grips and indeed non-Canon batteries. They have yet to be struck by lightning.

I will clarify my comment - I use third-party batteries myself (typically Hahnel). But my comment was aimed at the 'branded Canon LP-E6' that are no more than dodgy fakes and definitely sub-standard.

User_Removed
31 May 2012 - 11:10 AM

I have a non Canon Battery Grip for the 7D, I have one Canon battery and one Calumet Battery in it.
The 7D gives detailed battery info on installed Canon Batteries but not on 3rd party batteries, but I can live without that infoGrin
It's an expensive business this photography lark, so I try to save money sensibly when I can, the Calumet battery performs just as well as the Canon Battery at the moment, does it have the same lifespan as the canon battery.... I don't know yet lol

ruby34
ruby34  3 Scotland
31 May 2012 - 2:14 PM

Well I did go to Jessops today, no genuine Canon LP-E6 but a compatable one that was 1620mAh. So I am now going to try Calumet as everyone seems to be doing ok with theirs. Thank you all for your helpful input, and the amusing ones too Grin
In fact Jessops could not understand a lot of things I asked. I wanted a hood and they showed me a lens cap. I wanted a bag that would take my 500m lens, and they showed me one that was no where near the size. So I am going back online!

mikehit
31 May 2012 - 3:20 PM

Why do you want 2600mAh? Are you sure that Canon actually make them?

My Hahnel battery is 1650 mAh and I have not noticed any significant performance difference to the two OEM Canon batteries that I have.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.