Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Exciting Updates to Free & Paid Memberships! Read More

Battery advise needed (strobist)

TheWanderer 5 20 2 United Kingdom
15 Dec 2010 1:10PM
I am thinking of buying these Batteries for my SB80 flashes and just wanted to know if they will work fine with them.

Thanks in advance.

Jon

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

15 Dec 2010 1:19PM
Oh, If anyone knows the best rechargeable batteries to buy, then that will be great.
User_Removed 7 485 13 England
15 Dec 2010 1:47PM
Eneloop by Sanyo are very good for rechargables. They hold upto 85% of the charge when left for long periods i think it is and are reliable as normal batteries in the field
lawbert Plus
8 1.8k 15 England
15 Dec 2010 2:21PM
I would steer clear of the ones on ebay....They are alkaline opposed to Nimh and they are only rated at 1250mah to a maximum of 100 charges.
You really should be looking to buy Nimh batteries rated at 2450 - 2700 mah for speedlites....The Eneloop quoted above are very good, I use energiser 2450 mah myself and they last for ages.
15 Dec 2010 2:42PM
Many thanks David & Paul.
cameracat Plus
11 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
15 Dec 2010 3:19PM

Quote:Eneloop by Sanyo are very good for rechargables

Totally agree, The " Hybrids " known as Eneloop are fantastic.......Grin

There are other brands doing them now, I have several sets of " Ansmann +MAX E, 2500mAh AA " Its the same technology as the Sanyo Eneloop, But they have a higher amp hour rating.

Running them in an SB-800 as well as a MB-D10 battery grip, So far they have been great just like the Sanyo ones I use, But just a bit longer shooting life, Same magic " Charged " shelf life too......Smile

Check out this company, Good stock, Fab service, Great after sales, Its my one stop battery shop .......Wink

Highly recommended.....!!!

Me and several very long barge poles would go no where near the cheap stuff from " FleaBay ".
dlegros Plus
12 217 England
15 Dec 2010 10:39PM
7dayshop also do their own branded Hybrids and well as Sanyo Eneloops

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.