Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Battery drainage on Pentax K-x in manual mode

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    learner50
    learner50  2 United Kingdom
    6 Mar 2013 - 11:39 AM

Hello,
    I have been using Pentax K-x for 3 years now and in auto picture mode get great use out of the batteries. Now I am learning more and using manual mode I find this seems to drain the batteries much quicker. Is this normal or could there be a fault with the camera. If i turn if off and leave it the battery light goes back to green but after only a couple of shots is showing half used or even more.
    Any suggestions or comments would be welcome
    thanks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    6 Mar 2013 - 11:39 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

franken
    franken e2 Member 123182 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Mar 2013 - 12:10 PM

I've got a K-x and I've noticed recently that the battery indicator does show that its draining a lot faster than usual.

The main reason for it in my opinion is that I'm using the camera in colder conditions than usual and this does effect batteries.

The battery usage indicator on the K-X is not that accurate anyhow. Pentax released an update to download some time ago and this was to correct the problem although I didn't bother doing it.

A link here if interested.

http://www.pentax.jp/english/support/digital/k-x_s.html

regards

ken

learner50
    6 Mar 2013 - 4:43 PM

Thanks Ken
    Will give it a try.
    Regards
    Rob

MikeChase
    MikeChase  1
    12 Mar 2013 - 10:00 AM

Yep, I agree with Franken, one of the reasons might me that you are working in cold conditions and that will surely drain your battery. Or maybe your camera is just getting old? I'll bring it to a camera shop and have it checked if I were you. I have a blog: http://shootdigitalpicslikethepros.com/blog/photography-forum-support

learner50
    14 Mar 2013 - 9:27 AM

Hi Mike

Appreciate your comments - wil persevere and see what happens. The camera is only three years old so should be alright. The anomaly is the extra drain when using manual. If I stick to autoshooting the batteries last ages. Very odd.

thanks

Rob
    Thank for the link to your website!

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.