Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Battery drainage on Pentax K-x in manual mode

learner50 2 2 United Kingdom
6 Mar 2013 11:39AM
Hello,
I have been using Pentax K-x for 3 years now and in auto picture mode get great use out of the batteries. Now I am learning more and using manual mode I find this seems to drain the batteries much quicker. Is this normal or could there be a fault with the camera. If i turn if off and leave it the battery light goes back to green but after only a couple of shots is showing half used or even more.
Any suggestions or comments would be welcome
thanks

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

franken e2
12 3.3k 4 Wales
6 Mar 2013 12:10PM
I've got a K-x and I've noticed recently that the battery indicator does show that its draining a lot faster than usual.

The main reason for it in my opinion is that I'm using the camera in colder conditions than usual and this does effect batteries.

The battery usage indicator on the K-X is not that accurate anyhow. Pentax released an update to download some time ago and this was to correct the problem although I didn't bother doing it.

A link here if interested.

http://www.pentax.jp/english/support/digital/k-x_s.html

regards

ken
6 Mar 2013 4:43PM
Thanks Ken
Will give it a try.
Regards
Rob
MikeChase 1 4
12 Mar 2013 10:00AM
Yep, I agree with Franken, one of the reasons might me that you are working in cold conditions and that will surely drain your battery. Or maybe your camera is just getting old? I'll bring it to a camera shop and have it checked if I were you. I have a blog: http://shootdigitalpicslikethepros.com/blog/photography-forum-support
14 Mar 2013 9:27AM
Hi Mike

Appreciate your comments - wil persevere and see what happens. The camera is only three years old so should be alright. The anomaly is the extra drain when using manual. If I stick to autoshooting the batteries last ages. Very odd.

thanks

Rob
Thank for the link to your website!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.