Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

battery grip

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    eddie1
    eddie1 e2 Member 2eddie1 vcard United Kingdom
    9 Feb 2012 - 6:34 PM

Hi, does anyone know if there is a battery grip out there to fit a Nikon D3100 that does not use a cable. I know Nikon dont make one and the ones ive seen come with an unsightly cable from the grip to the camera. Help please.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    9 Feb 2012 - 6:34 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

aco012000
    aco012000  735 forum posts1 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Feb 2012 - 7:27 PM

Have a gander at this:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/826985-REG/Bower_XBGN5100_Professional_Battery_Grip_for.html

cameracat
    cameracat  108574 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Feb 2012 - 8:01 PM

The problem with third party grips for the D3100 & D5100 is the release ( Shutter Button ) ....!!!

They have mastered ( by backward engineering ) a means of using two batteries, But all seem to go cheap and have a cable to the accessory port, To fire the shutter as if it was connected to a wired remote cable, The fact that all the models currently available have the outside wire job, Is probably significant in that running a link to the cameras shutter mechanism via, What amounts to the battery compartment, May not be possible within the design of the camera, If it was just a case of putting a grip on with no external wire connections, I suspect that Nikon would have made available thier own version a long time ago.

At the end of the day, The el-cheapo items do provide extra battery space, The cameras are so small, That having a release button on the grip as well, Would be " Overkill " ....!

The one thing that concerns me is, Messing around with third party items that have a direct link to the power side of things, Could end in disaster with a " Fried " camera, That will not be covered by Nikon warranty wise, Same applies to using third party cheapo batteries.

The item linked to does not show a wire, But I suspect you'll find it has one, Just like all the others......!!!!!!!!

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.