Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

BBC and Adverts

macroman 11 15.3k England
2 Sep 2012 11:08AM
At least the BBCs 'in house' adverts are between progams and as such do not detract from the substance of the programming.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Techno 6 1.0k 8 England
2 Sep 2012 11:15AM
I have just watched the two hour long BBC Proms, 'Music from American Musicals'.

Not only was it an excellent production,

With the Dolby Sound Surround adding a further dimension to the production, well done the BBC....Smile
MrGoatsmilk 6 1.5k England
2 Sep 2012 4:25PM

Quote:I'd ideally like to have a pay-as-you-go system where I could stump up a sensibly priced amount to watch each programme.

I doubt if you would find any system where you could 'stump-up' less than 30p a day for four TV channels plus several radio stations catering for many music genres and a website (which is not compulsory to visit, Mr G).

Sorry for wanting a choice silly me
mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
3 Sep 2012 9:07AM
If you object to the license fee, how about ditching the TV and selecting programmes from BBC iPlayer? Wink
arhb e2
7 2.5k 68 United Kingdom
3 Sep 2012 9:54AM
Kodachrome summarised my perspective on the BBC very well.
Al jazeera news is far more comprehensive for global news, rather than what the BBC think we should know about.
The only thing that the BBC do well is nature documentaries, and for the mundane rubbish we have to watch in order to fund the production of these documentaries,
I would happily settle with the discovery channel.
thewilliam 6 4.8k
3 Sep 2012 9:55AM
The annoying thing about adverts is that, by their very repetition, our minds become infected. The only defence is to deliberately avoid the products.
mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
3 Sep 2012 10:15AM
Or wear a tinfoil hat.
hobbo e2
3 892 2 England
3 Sep 2012 10:57AM
Currently it has to be an extremely interesting program if I am to put up with the adverts........I usually find something useful to do whilst they are on.

I have even set indoor shots up, then taken them during the next seven minutes of repetition.

Even when watching the other Channel players they run up to five adverts before an item starts, so I hardly bother.......BBC iPlayer is excellent, especially on the iPad retinal screen.

GO COMPARE!!!! Wink

Hobbo
arhb e2
7 2.5k 68 United Kingdom
3 Sep 2012 11:04AM
Regarding adverts, and adding to the time that adverts take, is the programme sponsors advertising at either side of every ad break.
There really is time these days during the adverts, to make a traditional pot of tea, leave it to brew, pour into a proper tea cup, add milk and sugar to taste,
AND get back into the TV room, put your feet up, before the film or programme comes back on, which is nice... Wink
macroman 11 15.3k England
3 Sep 2012 9:23PM
arhb,

You forgot the choccy digestives, very remiss of you Wink or the slice of Battenburg. Grin
arhb e2
7 2.5k 68 United Kingdom
4 Sep 2012 8:38AM

Quote:Arhb,

You forgot the choccy digestives, very remiss of you Wink or the slice of Battenburg. Grin

Arrgghhh! Gotta get up and go into the kitchen again! Tell me if I miss anything! Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.