Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Be careful when window-shopping

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
pennyspike
pennyspike  102068 forum posts United Kingdom29 Constructive Critique Points
12 Mar 2009 - 7:25 PM

If you think taking photographs in public is risky don't go window-shopping in Knutsford.
link

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
12 Mar 2009 - 7:25 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Briwooly
Briwooly e2 Member 8452 forum postsBriwooly vcard England5 Constructive Critique Points
12 Mar 2009 - 7:32 PM

Linky thing does not work

Brian.....................

KevinEllison
KevinEllison e2 Member 72417 forum postsKevinEllison vcard England
12 Mar 2009 - 7:35 PM

[quote]Linky thing does not work[/quote

For me neither... Smile

pennyspike
12 Mar 2009 - 7:44 PM

Sorry,I'll try again BBC News

doug_7
doug_7  8482 forum posts England
12 Mar 2009 - 7:55 PM

Obviously not a colour issue, more like who you know or what you are.
Lord Ahmed, 51, was involved in a fatal crash minutes after sending the messages on Christmas Day 2007.
He hit a stationary car in the outside lane of the M1, killing Martyn Gombar, 28, from Leigh, Greater Manchester.
Lord Ahmed has served 16 days of his sentence. Road safety charity Brake said it was "appalled" by the
decision.
The peer was jailed at Sheffield Crown Court last month after admitting dangerous driving.
The Court of Appeal decided to suspend his sentence for 12 months. Wink hope you are keeping well penny.
d

User_Removed
12 Mar 2009 - 8:15 PM

Quote: Obviously not a colour issue

Of course not Doug.

PSILVERMAN
12 Mar 2009 - 8:52 PM

Don't you just love 'Plod'?

J4MIE
J4MIE  638 forum posts Scotland
12 Mar 2009 - 11:41 PM

Quote: Lord Ahmed, 51, was involved in a fatal crash minutes after sending the messages on Christmas Day 2007.
He hit a stationary car in the outside lane of the M1, killing Martyn Gombar, 28, from Leigh, Greater Manchester.
Lord Ahmed has served 16 days of his sentence. Road safety charity Brake said it was "appalled" by the decision.
The peer was jailed at Sheffield Crown Court last month after admitting dangerous driving.
The Court of Appeal decided to suspend his sentence for 12 months.

At risk of taking this totally off the original topic, it was disgraceful that the guy was even sent to jail in the first place, and that there has been all the publicity about him texting whilst driving is rediculous.

Isn't it 3 points and a 60 penalty for that?

zach1
zach1  5 United Kingdom
13 Mar 2009 - 12:02 AM

^^Fatal car crash!!!^^ Probably counts as culpable homicide under Scots Law.

andytvcams
andytvcams  1110396 forum posts United Kingdom
13 Mar 2009 - 12:19 AM

Quote: Isn't it 3 points and a 60 penalty for that?

What for killing somebody...

Last Modified By andytvcams at 13 Mar 2009 - 12:23 AM
sidaorb
sidaorb  83857 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
13 Mar 2009 - 12:37 AM

That will be 'Death by dangerous driving' , and yes texting is dangerous driving. If he had just been seen doing it then 3 points and FPN, someone died however so it became a whole new ball game.

digicammad
digicammad e2 Member 1021988 forum postsdigicammad vcard United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
13 Mar 2009 - 8:45 AM

Quote: At risk of taking this totally off the original topic, it was disgraceful that the guy was even sent to jail in the first place, and that there has been all the publicity about him texting whilst driving is rediculous.

Isn't it 3 points and a 60 penalty for that?Quote this post

I don't believe you can mean that! Unless you have two sets of eyes you can't text and also keep full attention on the road. Doing this whilst tonking up the outside lane of a motorway is absolutely criminal and deserves a manslaughter charge if you kill somebody.

If somebody carries a loaded shotgun around and ends up accidentally killing somebody they would get a manslaughter charge and be sentenced to a hell of a lot longer than 12 weeks, letting him out after 2 sends totally the wrong message.

In the wrong hands a car is just as dangerous as a gun, but people seem to think it is perfectly okay to drive in a totally negligent fashion!

Ian

Metalhead
Metalhead  61862 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
13 Mar 2009 - 10:06 AM

Not only that, but he had his wife and mother in the car with him. Is any text message worth the risk of killing someone on the road??

Why not get his wife to write and send the text for him? Why not leave it 'til he had finished his car journey??

The fact he killed someone, whether he was texting at that particular moment in time or not, he shouldn't have got away with 2 weeks in jail. He can't have been paying attention to the road ahead if he hit a car in the third lane, even if it was stationary. Let's face it, they don't exactly have blind bends on motorways, so he should've been able to see it.

Anyway, slightly back on topic, my now wife and I were looking for wedding ring inspiration in the jewellers shops on Fort William's High Street while on holiday up there, but I sat outside with the dogs while my wife-to-be went inside.

I wasn't jumped on by the Police though, but a little lady gave me a pound for a cup of tea thinking I was a homeless chap! Very kind and thoughtful gesture, but I was merely looking after the dogs!! I think we both felt embarrassed from it (and she retracted the pound too!). Funny when I think about it now...

macroman
macroman  1115312 forum posts England
13 Mar 2009 - 11:08 AM

Could be a good career move? Wink

pennyspike
13 Mar 2009 - 11:52 AM

It's a good job you weren't in Knutsford, they would have locked you up for begging before you had a chance to give the 1.00 back.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.