Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Beefburgers

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43652 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jan 2013 - 5:46 PM

Bloke in my local was selling these. 10 cases for a pony.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
18 Jan 2013 - 5:46 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Steve_S
Steve_S e2 Member 8176 forum postsSteve_S vcard United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jan 2013 - 7:38 PM

For those who are averse to Tesco beefburgers, try their meatballs instead...they're the dogs bo**ocks Grin

bricurtis
bricurtis e2 Member 91894 forum postsbricurtis vcard England48 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jan 2013 - 8:02 PM

Please tell me somebody has checked what goes in Tesco's ****-a-leeky soup.Smile

chris.maddock
18 Jan 2013 - 8:22 PM

Quote: Please tell me somebody has checked what goes in Tesco's ****-a-leeky soup.Smile

At a guess, a male bird - but don't ask me what species Tongue

bricurtis
bricurtis e2 Member 91894 forum postsbricurtis vcard England48 Constructive Critique Points
20 Jan 2013 - 9:01 PM

I'm thinking more on the lines of a horses todger GrinGrinGrin

Meheecho
Meheecho  1275 forum posts United Kingdom
20 Jan 2013 - 10:37 PM

Need to eat it quickly or you could get a stiff neckGrinGrinGrin

CaptivePhotons
CaptivePhotons e2 Member 111517 forum postsCaptivePhotons vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
20 Jan 2013 - 11:32 PM

It seems in an effort to recoup customers and as a gesture of goodwill, Tesco are offering quadruple points on petrol and burgers. It's a shame this offer isn't spread across their entire range but at the moment it is only fuel and horses.

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
21 Jan 2013 - 8:53 AM

I find it interesting that the chain singled out for all the jokes is Tesco, when there were about 5 who had the same problems. Smile

Big Bri
Big Bri  1315548 forum posts England
21 Jan 2013 - 9:25 AM

Everyone loves to hate Tesco, even though we all shop there.....

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110181 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
21 Jan 2013 - 9:32 AM

Bri, we came to hate our local Tesco so much we stopped shopping there 2 years ago. They were constantly understocked, trying to rip off their customers with phony offers and the store was a tip to look at and access.

I decided that it was worth paying the extra for good service and quality and we now shop at Waitrose (with occasional side-trips to Aldi)

Mind you, all our meat we get from our local Farm store and our game from a nearby game butcher, so we know what animals it comes from Smile

digicammad
21 Jan 2013 - 9:41 AM

A Tesco Express opened in Ainsdale last year and I have to say that, although I was against it because we already had a Co-op, it has changed the village for the better. It brings in additional people who then visit the other shops and it has prompted the Co-op to get their act together.

We also shop at Aldi for bits and pieces (and bargains) and use our local butcher and veg shop when we can, but if we want to do a big shop we haven't found anywhere better than Tesco. Asda always claim to be cheaper but every time we tried them it ended up costing us more.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139392 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
21 Jan 2013 - 10:18 AM

I shop at Tesco all the time. I used to shop at Waitrose, but when they opened the Tesco I transferred my allegiance.

digicammad
21 Jan 2013 - 10:33 AM

It is telling that the Waitrose in Southport didn't succeed, whereas the one in Formby does. Formby is where all the wealthy people live, a bit like Merseyside's version of Chelsea. Smile

oldblokeh
oldblokeh  3773 forum posts United Kingdom
21 Jan 2013 - 10:42 AM

Our big Tesco is an awful place. Understaffed, understocked, products poorly labelled, mis-priced, not priced at all or misleadingly priced. The fish counter is a disgrace. I'm really looking forward to a local Waitrose opening.

digicammad
21 Jan 2013 - 11:09 AM

Interesting, sounds like a bad management team, the Tesco Extra in Southport is excellent (most of the time). The only disappointing area is the lack of choice on the fish counter, but judging by the choice of fish in the reduced section I put that down to the daft Brits not wanting to eat anything which looks ugly. We pick up all sorts that has been tried on the fish counter and not sold.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.