Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

before and afters

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318436 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Jan 2012 - 11:45 PM

I still think we're are the only gallery site with a before and after gallery. I just uploaded to it and think it's a fantastic feature to show changes you make to photos. How many members have found this a useful feature? Do you use it?
    Here's my latest example...fishing boats...just in case you are not aware of the feature and want to see an example.

Hover over or click on the 1 and 2 boxes just below the photo to see the versions.

Last Modified By Pete at 15 Jan 2012 - 11:45 PM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    15 Jan 2012 - 11:45 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ade_mcfade
    ade_mcfade  1014749 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Jan 2012 - 12:25 AM

great feature Pete

have tried to encourage people to use it in a few threads in the past, for various things - like a straight "before and after" of the same shot, or the old "which of these 2 do you prefer" thread a few years ago, that was good fun whilst it lasted.

Tooth
    Tooth  95772 forum posts Ireland227 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Jan 2012 - 2:37 AM

It's a great feature - used it on my last upload ,. Obviously wouldn't want to use it every time but as it was of an abstract nature where I had "seen" an image in rock i wanted to show that all the features were there (I didn't add in eyes etc). It's great for demonstrating techniques as well.

It'd be great if EPZ would build more on unique features like this and less on generic LCD stuff Smile

Stephen

franken
    franken e2 Member 113062 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Jan 2012 - 7:47 AM

I use it occasionally - good feature.

Ken

Nick_w
    Nick_w e2 Member 73828 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Jan 2012 - 8:05 AM

I've seen something similar on F****r Pete, where there's groups for showing how the image was arrived at I first stumbled accross it when looking at the work of Dustin Diaz.

I've used it a few times but not often. It does gt silly when sometimes people upload 20 images to It to get by the 1 image a day restrictions, I have problems doing 1 a week.

brrttpaul
    brrttpaul  2203 forum posts United Kingdom
    16 Jan 2012 - 9:29 AM

didnt know about this very handy for me, how do i put a before an after up though

answersonapostcard
    answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012555 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Jan 2012 - 10:06 AM

Its an e2 feature

rambler
    rambler e2 Member 5468 forum postsrambler vcard England14 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Jan 2012 - 11:01 AM

Such a shame it is so well hidden in the versions gallery.

gingerdelight
    16 Jan 2012 - 11:38 AM

Yes, I've used it a few times too, and it is also interesting to see other people's work in this way.
    Carol

PS: your image is great for this Pete (still prefer the After one!!) Wink

8Mfps
    8Mfps  579 forum posts United Kingdom
    16 Jan 2012 - 11:49 AM

Extreme example for this topic
    Purely by chance!!

mum-dad.jpg

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318436 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Jan 2012 - 11:53 AM

Quote: Extreme example for this topic

Excellent. I love seeing this sort of thing. Would have been incredible if they could have been against the same wall Smile

Jestertheclown
    16 Jan 2012 - 2:47 PM

It does come in handy.

I used it only yesterday.

cattyal
    cattyal e2 Member 96002 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Jan 2012 - 3:00 PM

It is indeed a good gallery option and I've not used it for a long time. However if anyone thinks I'm going to upload a before and after of one of my self portraits they've got another thing coming Smile

SlowSong
    SlowSong e2 Member 54240 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Jan 2012 - 3:23 PM

Now that would be worth seeing Alison. Grin I've used it now and then, usually when I've done a manip to show the original. i.e. here just this week.

Last Modified By SlowSong at 16 Jan 2012 - 3:27 PM
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.