Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Beginner Photographer in Newbury/Hungerford

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    ThomasRichards_Photography

I am a teenage photographer and I am going to be taking it further by studying Art, Design & Photography at college starting this September. I currently use the FujiFilm S2950 and I am looking to upgrade to a Nikon D5100. I do not drive but I cycle a lot and use public transport or can sometimes organize a lift off family members, and for this reason I can only cover the Hungerford/Newbury area. I cover any areas from family portraits to a day in the park with your children. I haven't covered weddings yet but I am happy to try something new.

Last Modified By Moderator Team at 26 Apr 2012 - 9:30 AM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    26 Apr 2012 - 8:25 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KarenFB
    KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84280 forum postsKarenFB vcard England163 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Apr 2012 - 8:58 AM

Hi Thomas, welcome to EPZ! Smile

I've visited your face book page (these links will soon be removed from the forum as they are against T&C's), I see you have the link in your porfolio page (which is okay!). You have some good images - I shall look forward to seeing some of your work on EPZ! Smile

ThomasRichards_Photography

thanks for visiting my page, oh i didn't know they were against the T&Cs, is it also against them if i just put my email on it? please can u like my page also?

KarenFB
    KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84280 forum postsKarenFB vcard England163 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Apr 2012 - 9:16 AM

I'm afraid I'm not (and never will be) a member of 'Facebook' - Smile (As for your email - I think that may go too!)

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318443 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Apr 2012 - 9:30 AM

Quote: oh i didn't know they were against the T&Cs

Have a look at your PMs Thomas I sent you one a couple of days ago Smile It's great that you joined but please note our forums are not designed as an advertising board. They're here to talk discuss ideas, ask question, post photos etc. Smile

Last Modified By Pete at 26 Apr 2012 - 9:34 AM
    Big Bri
    Big Bri  1315584 forum posts United Kingdom
    26 Apr 2012 - 11:29 AM

Thomas, I'm not sure what the purpose of your post is... you claim to be a beginner, yet you seem to be offering your services to shoot portraits and weddings...?

Forgive my bluntness, but I've looked at your photos, and I honestly believe you need to get a lot better before trying to sell your services. Also, this is a forum full of very experienced photographers (many of whom take a strong dislike to the "I've got a digital camera, can I call myself a wedding photographer?" brigade).

If you are here to learn though, I don't think there is anywhere better on the web. What matters most is enthusiasm and a desire to learn. Most people here are friendly and helpful, and you should learn a lot. There are also active camera clubs in both Hungerford and Newbury (I'm in HCC) where I am sure you would be very welcome.

JackAllTog
    JackAllTog e2 Member 53626 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Apr 2012 - 12:29 PM

Good luck with your studies Thomas, you will get as much from Epz as you put in. Do read the tutorials here, btu do contribute to the forums as well.
    You can also check out the directories section to find local camera club's which is a very useful addition to learning photography and finding contacts.
    Best Wishes
    Stuart

cameracat
    cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Apr 2012 - 1:14 PM

This looks like the very same if not identical forum post that has been used a number of times.....!!!!!!!!!

Personally Thomas, I would read and digest the post by " Big Bri ", Because quite honestly he is being a lot kinder than many, You really do need to up your game somewhat before going commercial.

That and the fact that all sites have T & C's, That should be read before embarking on a self styled advertising campaign.

Another way to look at it is this, Learn to walk, Before you try running....Wink

petemasty
    petemasty  5155 forum posts England
    7 May 2012 - 10:40 AM

I would also second what big bri has said. Your photos are at only average. Being a businessman myself, I would warn about offering a service to people when you may well be delivering a service somewhat below what they expect. You may find yourself on the wrong side of the legal system.

I remember seeing a programme a few months ago about an American couple who purported to be wedding photographers. they had "entry level dslrs and kit", and we're so enthusiastic about their abilities that that they forgot just how important a wedding day is to the happy couple. they undercut their competition so were frequently hired. However, the quality was at best barely adequate, and at worst dreadful. they were duly sued on more than a few occasions losing everything in the process because they did not have the relevant insurances.

just be aware, if you ruin someone's 'experience' they won't necessarily be asking for just their money back!!

I do however admire your enthusiasm and have no doubt you will be successful with the right guidance, and with time and experience. this forum is absolutely ideal for that, but in the process of trying to achieve what you want, try not to denigrate the profession of Photographer by offering a below average service.

Best wishes, and please take this rather long winded message in the helpful spirit for which it was intended.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.