Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

belittling people

Ade_Osman e2
11 4.5k 36 England
20 Feb 2013 10:54AM
My point was, when all said and done it's still only one persons critique/opinions/comments whether it's scathing or helpful and as such it should be taken as that Smile

Cripes, if I were to take everything badly said about my work I think I'd have packed it in years ago. Generally everyone on here are helpful with their comments, but there are folk who take it to heart and really need to man up somewhat especially if they've asked for critique in the first place.

Right that's now given everyone free rein to go off and rip the snot out of my work Smile Not that I give two brass farthings, but the again I've been here nearly 10 years (is it really that long?) and I'm happy to take the odd punch in the face, especialy if it's constructive Tongue

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

20 Feb 2013 11:29AM
I have to add that the original reason for me starting this forum has now been blown out of the water as the said commenting party has since been back to me with the most constructive and informative comments ,which i thank him for immensely and hope that i can improve my work and way of thinking from this.Grin
CathyT e2
8 7.3k 18 United Kingdom
20 Feb 2013 12:33PM
just read this thread and looked at the relevant Blue Tit image...I'm assuming I've got the right one.....and personally I don't find anything wrong with the original comment. Its to the point.....it is out of focus, and the whites need attention.

The harder the crit the more you will learn....in fact you need to befriend those that give a good/ hard crit and you will find that the steep learning curve will be beneficial .

Encourage it rather than feel attacked.......thats what you want.
20 Feb 2013 1:09PM
thanks Cathy, as you will have read this is the case , and that is now the case.Grin
Gaucho e2
13 2.4k 2 United Kingdom
20 Feb 2013 1:24PM
And it all ended happily. That's what I like to see Grin
dcash29 e2
9 2.0k England
20 Feb 2013 1:28PM
Bloody waste of time thread now I've seen the so called belittling?
20 Feb 2013 1:41PM
i
Quote:Bloody waste of time thread now I've seen the so called belittling?

I totally disagree as a lot of learning on many sides has come from this and many people have given very apt opinions ,of which this is yours. friendships hopefully have been formed for the better of our hobby /profession ,and thanks for taking your time even if it was wasted.
NEWMANP e2
6 1.6k 574 United Kingdom
20 Feb 2013 1:46PM
at the end of the day, you can give it like it is or sugar coat it, thats just down to manners and upringing of individuals.

its like the old question "does my bum look big in this dress" what do you say-- yes it does ??
or ive seen others that may suit you better.

there is a guideline for giving critiques and for me in the critique gallery i will simply analyse
seeing, taking, processing and impact. are there faults that would generally be accepted as bad practice, and if there are any ,are there circumstances that make that acceptable. trying to be helpful without being influential with my own opinions.

but there are unwritten guide lines as any member of any camera club will tell you, and these are not cast in stone, but like any learning process, if you go with generally acceptable standards to begin, you can use those same things creatively to your own advantage later.

in general if you dont like to hear negative things, best not post images for critique beause critique means critical analysis not praise for its own sake, it may be sugar coated but much that which you read will be discussing the downfalls and how to improve them.

Phil
collywobles e2
10 3.4k 9 United Kingdom
20 Feb 2013 2:41PM

Quote:its like the old question "does my bum look big in this dress" what do you say-- yes it does ??

No no no no - you just say yes, your arse looks big whatever you wear................!
NEWMANP e2
6 1.6k 574 United Kingdom
20 Feb 2013 2:53PM
clearly you wont go down well in the critique gallery Wink or at home either i guess
Phil
mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
20 Feb 2013 2:54PM

Quote:its like the old question "does my bum look big in this dress" what do you say-- yes it does ??

the-hormone-guide.jpg

devlin e2
4 651 39 India
20 Feb 2013 3:51PM
Wine seems to be the thing to run with.... Wink if only it was that simple ....

Cheers
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
20 Feb 2013 4:40PM

Quote:Wine seems to be the thing to run with.... Wink if only it was that simple ....

Cheers

Works for me. Smile
dcash29 e2
9 2.0k England
20 Feb 2013 6:37PM

Quote:
I totally disagree as a lot of learning on many sides has come from this and many people have given very apt opinions ,of which this is yours. friendships hopefully have been formed for the better of our hobby /profession ,and thanks for taking your time even if it was wasted.

And that's yours, I still cant see what made you feel belittled?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.