Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Benefits of Nik Silver Efex

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Nick_w
Nick_w e2 Member 73878 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jul 2014 - 10:55 PM

Anne, All the original sliders are still there. Have you opened them up by clicking on the arrows? (you probably did that with the original many moons ago) if you have any problems e-mail them, they are very, very helpful. I bought just Silver Efex from Nik. A month later Google bought them, and reduced the price considerably (the whole package was about the same as Silver EFEX had been) - they gave me the whole package for free, and were extremely helpful, emailing by return.

Last month I installed the package on a Mac, no extra cost, fully unto date and all the old features there (granted took me a while to find the individual sliders - which I use all the time)

screen-shot-2014-07-27-at-22-50-54.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
27 Jul 2014 - 10:55 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

AnneWorner
AnneWorner e2 Member 6612 forum postsAnneWorner vcard United States42 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jul 2014 - 11:10 PM

Nick, I'm really glad I posted in here - I found them, under Sensitivity - but recalled them being directly under the single color filters. I am so RELIEVED. I still must add though that the Topaz B&W software does a really good job for mono conversions also.

Thank you for the screen cap!

Anne

Nick_w
Nick_w e2 Member 73878 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jul 2014 - 11:15 PM

I think your right, it took me a while to find it - I just opened everything up one thing at a time. I've not tried Topaz, and to be honest I'm thinking of going back to how I did monos a couple of years back - which was all photoshop, but using channels.

AnneWorner
AnneWorner e2 Member 6612 forum postsAnneWorner vcard United States42 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jul 2014 - 11:28 PM

That's what I also did years ago, before i even had Lightroom.

RajeshTaylor

I have Nik Silver Efex. It helped when I used to started to edit images to b&w from Lightroom. Now, after many years I use Photoshop (and Capture One) to a high standard I can get the desired result there for example here.

Great way to learn though.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.