Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Best all in one Printer

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    trevrob
    trevrob e2 Member 1trevrob vcard United Kingdom
    27 May 2014 - 5:18 PM

My printer just packed up today , so looking for a new one , i do very little photo printing, but do scan and print documents , am use to a Kodak where the inks prices seem ok to others i have now been looking at, so what models are the cheapest for the inks, only looking to spend between 50 -100 any advice i would welcome appreciated Trevor

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    27 May 2014 - 5:18 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Ade_Osman
    Ade_Osman e2 Member 114521 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
    28 May 2014 - 12:31 PM

I've just replaced my old Epson (due to print head failure) with a new Canon Pixma MG7150 All in one and with the large ink tanks it's proving to be a wonderful and very economic machine. It's a little out of you budget, but there are similar machines with slighty less bells and whistles for less money from the same company. What I like about it is the fact it has 2 seperate black tanks and a grey, which produce really good mono images. But it manages everything else with equal aplomb..... recommended. I've been using generic inks for good reputable dealers on Amazon for less than 20 for a full set of six large tanks and they last ages and print as well as canon originals and seem to last for ages.

Last Modified By Ade_Osman at 28 May 2014 - 12:38 PM
    mikehit
    mikehit  56676 forum posts United Kingdom11 Constructive Critique Points
    28 May 2014 - 1:10 PM

Hi Ade - if you have used dedicated photo printers, how close does the MG7150 come to them? All reviews I have found come from magazines more on the computer and office supplies side.

Ade_Osman
    Ade_Osman e2 Member 114521 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
    28 May 2014 - 2:06 PM

Certainly on a par with my old Epsons especially when used with semi glosspaper, in fact I'd say better. Did you read the customer reviews on Amazon, they seem to very positive, especially the folk who have like me only ever used Epson.

mikehit
    mikehit  56676 forum posts United Kingdom11 Constructive Critique Points
    28 May 2014 - 3:04 PM

I did have a look after reading your earlier comment and it seems favourable. I have the Epson R300 which is starting to get a bit ropey and have thought about something in the price bracket of the 1400 or the Pixma 6550. It is the age old question of how big a leap do you need to get an appreciable increase in quality.

brian1208
    brian1208 e2 Member 1110365 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
    28 May 2014 - 4:14 PM

I have this model as my desk printer and whilst I rate the image quality (colour and detail) as probably the best I have yet obtained from an A4 printer I rate it as a significant drop in quality compared to my prints from my Epson R3000 with my high quality lustre / Baryta papers.

It does approach the quality of prints made on the R3000 using something like my old stock of the Jessops lustre papers

I see a lack in colour depth, contrast and detail comparing the best output from both

Ade_Osman
    29 May 2014 - 12:35 AM

Sometimes a change is as good as a rest guys, I've had various inkjets over the years mostly Epson. But now after having my 3rd A4 Epson go down with head problems in as many years, I thought sod it, I'm gonna try something different for my everyday usage. The Canon has proved to be a breath of fresh air, a cinch to set up and a breeze to use whether I'm printing from a CF card, a tablet or the PC. Had a few niggles printing from a Mac, but soon sorted it.
    I suppose I've had it now about six weeks, during which time I've printed in excess of 250 pages of draft mono text, good enough quality for my needs. 30-40 A4 colour prints, plus some copying and the odd cd/dvd. In this time it hasn't as yet missed a beat, the quality is as good as it was on day one and the xl cartridges are still showing as being approximately 25% full, with the two black and grey cart showing over 50% full These were generic cartridges I bought on Amazon the same time as the printer, preferring not to use the original ones supplied with new machine, as generally they contain minimal amounts of ink and like most bundled cartridges would only last 5 minutes.
    As a general all round everyday home/small office printer it's a brilliant machine, as a photo printer. Well it's good enough for my needs and as I said earlier prints as well as any of the Epson Photo machines I've had in the past. This includes my Epson A3 printer which as I said in a different thread some time last week will probably get replaced with a Canon model once the print heads invariably go down again, as I'm buggered if I'm going to paying out 200 for the inevitable once again.

Last Modified By Ade_Osman at 29 May 2014 - 12:36 AM
    mousespecial14

I like the Brother MFC7860DW AiO printer. It's been really reliable and easy to use and prints about 21 ppm . It's rated#1 here http://www.squidoo.com/Top-all-in-one-printer .

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.