Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

best all round user friendly and iq

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    youmightlikethis
    youmightlikethis e2 Member 11987 forum postsyoumightlikethis vcard Scotland
    23 May 2013 - 6:27 AM

between the following Olympus pl5 canon 700d/100d nex 6 or anything better in same price bracket

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    23 May 2013 - 6:27 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

MichaelMelb_AU
    23 May 2013 - 6:37 AM

Please tell us more what you mean by "user friendly". Ease of use by a beginner that takes strait out-of camera images without further development or something else? As for image quality - mostly what is it going to be photographed with the camera? I am asking because there's no such thing as all-round "best" camera. If it is the camera for yourself - judging by your portfolio Olympus E-PL5 would be great for you.

Last Modified By MichaelMelb_AU at 23 May 2013 - 6:43 AM
    youmightlikethis
    23 May 2013 - 6:59 AM

thanks for replies I give you the example I consider the powershot 220 to be more user friendly than say the canon g series. cant stand evf use bi focal specs so bridge cameras are out . 700d seems to be market leader at that price

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1214385 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    23 May 2013 - 7:25 AM

Compacts Fuji x10 or x20, both have optical viewfinder.

The x10 is still a lovely little street camera Smile

http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/tag/fuji-x10/

Fixed focal length lens compacts, either the Fuji x100 or new Ricoh GR, both have decent APS-C sensors.

Then there are your CSC`s and DSLR`s, but I`m not sure what you really want.

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 23 May 2013 - 7:32 AM
    MichaelMelb_AU
    23 May 2013 - 10:49 AM

Quote: Thanks for replies I give you the example I consider the powershot 220 to be more user friendly than say the canon g series. cant stand evf use bi focal specs so bridge cameras are out . 700d seems to be market leader at that price

I would never say that Canon EOS700D is not a great camera, but seeing street photography as your mainstay I would rather think of something more compact - good reference above from Paul, but I would put X20 over X10 for the ease of use.

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1214385 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    23 May 2013 - 5:04 PM

Quote: good reference above from Paul, but I would put X20 over X10 for the ease of use

Do you use any of these ?

These both handle the same and share the same controls,

youmightlikethis
    23 May 2013 - 5:14 PM

had a wee look in jessops today like epm 2 mini also like canon gx1 which I will not get due to negative reviews maybe settle for high end compact

Paul Morgan
    23 May 2013 - 5:16 PM

With a fixed or zoom lens.

youmightlikethis
    23 May 2013 - 5:22 PM

short zoom going to Edinburgh at weekend to have a look around

Paul Morgan
    23 May 2013 - 5:26 PM

In that case the X10 or x20 they both share the same 28-112mm f2 - f2.8 lens, so there nice and fast as well.

The x20 cost a couple of hundred quid more, but its up to you if you feel the extra features are worth the extra money or not.

Snapper
    Snapper  93657 forum posts United States Minor Outlying Islands3 Constructive Critique Points
    23 May 2013 - 5:37 PM

Quote: Short zoom going to Edinburgh at weekend to have a look around

You'll maybe want to check first and see what camera shops are left in Edinburgh nowadays. Sad

Paul Morgan
    23 May 2013 - 5:39 PM

Yes that would be a good idea, and call them first to see what they have in.

stevew10000
    stevew10000 e2 Member 258 forum postsstevew10000 vcard United Kingdom
    23 May 2013 - 7:23 PM

Very recently got the x20 and chuffed to bits with it, and very pleased with the advice from Paul and others. Keep it with me all the time.

Paul Morgan
    24 May 2013 - 6:30 AM

Yes its a lovely camera is the x20, not used one yet but I am tempted Smile

Here is one of those blog type reviews comparing both the x10 and x20 side by side, its a useful read.

http://www.ronmartblog.com/2013/04/comparison-fujifilm-x20-vs-x10-have-i.html

A note to the team, thought you had added some kind of pac man game, but its not, any chance of a little hide button, all these smilies are a bit of a pain on the eyes Smile

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.