Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Best Buy

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    danbrann
    danbrann e2 Member 9462 forum postsdanbrann vcard 15 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Nov 2009 - 11:05 PM

I have a friend who has a limited budget..say 350.00 and wants to buy a camera with a lens capable of producing decent results of her daughter doing some show jumping. Any suggestions on a suitable purchase. I think she will struggle at that price range but I am sure someone will come up with a price for the cheapest option which could be a compact or a body with a kit lens.
    Danbrann

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    6 Nov 2009 - 11:05 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cameracat
    cameracat  108575 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Nov 2009 - 11:40 PM

How about a used DSLR kit....?

350 well spent on a used dslr, Might be a better option than a compact or high end bridge, Baring in mind that show jumping will require a camera with little or no shutter lag, For starters.

Then theres the thorny issue of ISO and noise, Even something as old as a D70/D80 will match todays compact/bridge cameras, Or maybe a 20D or 30D.

If it was not for the action shooting specifically, Then sure you could get away with a bridge or decent compact, But the really good ones are in DSLR territory price wise....Wink

Last Modified By cameracat at 6 Nov 2009 - 11:41 PM Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1214383 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Nov 2009 - 11:48 PM

The budgets a little tight but if she`s prepared to be a little flexible ?

I always recommend the twin lens kits from Olympus or Sony, pretty much un-beatable value for money and giving extra reach.

Just about the best buy out there going by WE is The E420 twin lens kit, followed by the Sony about 100 more but adds in body IS.

Here`s a few prices and links for idea`s.

Olympus E420 twin lens kit 373

Canon 1000D single lens kit 368

Nikon D3000 399

Pentax K20D single lens Kit 599

Sony A230 twin lens Kit 479

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    danbrann
    danbrann e2 Member 9462 forum postsdanbrann vcard 15 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Nov 2009 - 1:16 PM

Thank you both for your input . It is most kind of you and i will pass the information on to her.
    Danbrann

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.