Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Best Buy

danbrann e2
10 497 15
6 Nov 2009 11:05PM
I have a friend who has a limited budget..say 350.00 and wants to buy a camera with a lens capable of producing decent results of her daughter doing some show jumping. Any suggestions on a suitable purchase. I think she will struggle at that price range but I am sure someone will come up with a price for the cheapest option which could be a compact or a body with a kit lens.
Danbrann

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cameracat e2
11 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
6 Nov 2009 11:40PM
How about a used DSLR kit....?

350 well spent on a used dslr, Might be a better option than a compact or high end bridge, Baring in mind that show jumping will require a camera with little or no shutter lag, For starters.

Then theres the thorny issue of ISO and noise, Even something as old as a D70/D80 will match todays compact/bridge cameras, Or maybe a 20D or 30D.

If it was not for the action shooting specifically, Then sure you could get away with a bridge or decent compact, But the really good ones are in DSLR territory price wise....Wink
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
6 Nov 2009 11:48PM
The budgets a little tight but if she`s prepared to be a little flexible ?

I always recommend the twin lens kits from Olympus or Sony, pretty much un-beatable value for money and giving extra reach.

Just about the best buy out there going by WE is The E420 twin lens kit, followed by the Sony about 100 more but adds in body IS.

Here`s a few prices and links for idea`s.

Olympus E420 twin lens kit 373

Canon 1000D single lens kit 368

Nikon D3000 399

Pentax K20D single lens Kit 599

Sony A230 twin lens Kit 479
danbrann e2
10 497 15
7 Nov 2009 1:16PM
Thank you both for your input . It is most kind of you and i will pass the information on to her.
Danbrann

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.