Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Best Nikon SLR?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

alarsen07
alarsen07  3
28 Jan 2011 - 4:13 AM

Quote: What do you think the best Nikon SLR camera is?

The one you can afford to buy. Smile You'll learn more from having the camera and using it than you will from saving up for a better one.

Wow that is a really great comment. I never thought if it that way Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
28 Jan 2011 - 4:13 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Simon_Conroy
1 Feb 2011 - 11:49 PM

The one you have with you

dlegros
dlegros  12217 forum posts England
2 Feb 2011 - 10:09 AM

Maybe not the "best", for me the most significant was my F50.

I started photography with a no-name 110 camera, then graduated to my mother's hand-me-down Yashica Super 35 rangefinder.

All the time I lusted after a Nikon, I thought about SLR flexibility whilst playing with my little rangefinder with add-on finders and lens adapters.

As I grew up, she passed on her Pentax SLR to me which I used until I finished my Nurse training and had a "proper" job.

A trip to the nearest shop and I had a spanking new F50 (albeit in dodgy gold plastic!) and I adored it.

It stayed with me as a backup when I picked up a second hand F90X and this pair served me well until I decided to jump to Digital in 2007.

Ultimately, my F50 was consigned to eBay where I practically gave it away :-(

Ahhhh, memories Smile

imajery21
imajery21  5 Wales
2 Feb 2011 - 11:05 AM

I'm with Simon - its no good if its sat at home when your out.

filmlover
filmlover  4 United Kingdom
4 Feb 2011 - 8:21 AM

For "ME", black & white ~ F4s, colour ~ F6.

Sooty_1
Sooty_1 Critique Team 41207 forum posts United Kingdom198 Constructive Critique Points
4 Feb 2011 - 6:02 PM

The F. It is the one that started the range back in the 50s, and the ethos has not changed since. Plus, I have got much sharper pictures from my F and F2 than with any other Nikon, and I have owned lots.

The D70 gets a few mentions, but it is very dated now. With the pace of digital advancement, are the current DSLR crop going to be usable in 10 years' time? 20 years'? My F is quite a late one, but it is still working perfectly 40 years' on, and I can still get lenses for it. They were built to last in those days.

Nick

thewilliam
4 Feb 2011 - 6:48 PM

My latest optical investment was the 100mm Zeiss Makro-Planar - used every day on a D3 in the studio and it works just as well on my 30something year old F2. It's a lot better than any of my old lenses and built like a brick privy.

Sooty_1
Sooty_1 Critique Team 41207 forum posts United Kingdom198 Constructive Critique Points
4 Feb 2011 - 8:48 PM

Quote: The F. It is the one that started the range back in the 50s, and the ethos has not changed since. Plus, I have got much sharper pictures from my F and F2 than with any other Nikon, and I have owned lots.

The D70 gets a few mentions, but it is very dated now. With the pace of digital advancement, are the current DSLR crop going to be usable in 10 years' time? 20 years? My F is quite a late one, but it is still working perfectly 40 years on, and I can still get lenses for it. They were built to last in those days.

Nick

BigRick
BigRick  92085 forum posts United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
5 Feb 2011 - 11:58 PM

Quote: The F. It is the one that started the range back in the 50s, and the ethos has not changed since. Plus, I have got much sharper pictures from my F and F2 than with any other Nikon, and I have owned lots.

The D70 gets a few mentions, but it is very dated now. With the pace of digital advancement, are the current DSLR crop going to be usable in 10 years' time? 20 years? My F is quite a late one, but it is still working perfectly 40 years on, and I can still get lenses for it. They were built to last in those days.

Nick

unfortunatly i am one of those people that doesn't care, because in 4 years time my D300s will go and i will upgrade, as i do every 4 years. It is now a (sad) fact that unless you keep replacing equipment, you dont get the latest advances, and the "best" performance. Laptops/PC are one of the worst culprits, due to software updates that the PC cant keep up with. Smile

nishchal
nishchal  4 India
23 Feb 2011 - 10:22 AM

D3x and D700
nishchal

Arrem
Arrem  8 United Kingdom
24 Feb 2011 - 8:25 PM

Perhaps I missed seeing other references to it, but my old D50 is a cracking good camera and as reliable as they come. Which is just as well because I can't afford to buy another anyway Wink .

petrnikl
petrnikl  4 Czech Republic
25 Feb 2011 - 8:09 AM

For me it is the D200 and D3x. But it's a question of money ... Smile
Petr
Petr Nikl

NEWMANP
NEWMANP e2 Member 61587 forum postsNEWMANP vcard United Kingdom574 Constructive Critique Points
25 Feb 2011 - 11:40 AM

the d300 blows the socks off my d200 but ill never love anything like my old f2 photomic
Phil

peterjones
peterjones e2 Member 123953 forum postspeterjones vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
25 Feb 2011 - 1:04 PM

D3S and FM2; there both mediums covered Grin; however to contradict a post I made in 2009 definitely NOT the D700 as the wretched thing got wet, let in water and cost me 600+ to get put right conveniently NOT covered in the guarantee so the D700 is my most unfavourite and worst (D)SLR of all time.

Peter.

davey_griffo
25 Feb 2011 - 6:13 PM

Quote: What do you think the best Nikon SLR camera is?

A Sony. Smile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.