Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Best Nikon SLR?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

peterjones
peterjones e2 Member 123934 forum postspeterjones vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
29 May 2011 - 11:21 PM

Mr Cameracat, you must have been watching my every move. I must check my bathroom walls for hidden cameracat cameras.

Funny how certain cameras seem to command so much worship and adulation; as far as I am concerned cameras are tools and like any tool when they let me down they become useless.

Last Modified By peterjones at 29 May 2011 - 11:25 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
29 May 2011 - 11:21 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

PRPhotography
30 May 2011 - 9:52 AM

Having been an owner of a D3X for coming up to 2 years and using this camera in a commercial environment, I can only say that for the type of photography { landscape and Studio work} it is simply incredible, and I am still amazed even after 2 years the quality it can perform. I had one small problem with the camera , would not focus with D lenses. Contacted Nikon Uk, they arranged transport for collection, rectified the problem plus while it was with them it was serviced and cleaned, they returned the camera in 3 working days, all completely free of charge! What other manufacturer gives that that quality of service.
The D3s seems to get all the publicity, however for my type of use the D3X fits the bill, I look forward to the new D4/xyz when Nikon release this product.

peterjones
peterjones e2 Member 123934 forum postspeterjones vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
30 May 2011 - 10:26 AM

In terms of quality of results the D3S is also the best camera I have ever used; I must confess though I have never taken it in the bath with me though somewhere I read that if you don't use bath foam then the surface resistance of the water would prevent a D3S from getting wet internally.

If you are a member of Nikon's NPS then indeed their service is quick, I am unsure how good they are if you are not.

Peter.

EchoShots
EchoShots  3 United States
20 Jun 2011 - 3:04 PM

Love my D7000!

Railcam
Railcam  7477 forum posts Scotland
20 Jun 2011 - 4:29 PM

After five years with a D200 I was looking for a step up. The D3s looked good but was ruled out on weight and cost grounds. Hence I got a D700 and after four months I am still loving it. I have old lenses from my Nikon film days that work well with it, in particular the manual focus 24mm/f2.8 and 85mm/f2 AI lenses. A sweet outfit.

KevinEllison
KevinEllison e2 Member 72507 forum postsKevinEllison vcard England
21 Jun 2011 - 12:29 AM

Can only go by recent use of DIGITAL SLR use.. and my D300 (which is now obsolete hence incapable of "taking" good shots anymore..) is going to take some beating (yeah..sure I'd love to try a D3S but the bank manager won't agree..), but despite being well happy with it, I think it was/is a bit of a "milestone" in their DSLRs..

But to a more overall view, I'm sure their earlier products would qualify (F2- F3) and, again, by personal experience I would have said FM2N ( solid, mechanical and no battery reliance..) however... possibly underated/ignored would be their Nikkormat varieties. I recently aquired an immaculate (and a well battered) FT2...both of which are lovely to use still...even more "mechanical" than the FM2...for example the wind-on is effortless and precise feeling...no way they could include such engineering into anything manufactured today? (at sensible cost). Oh..and the metal tabbed lenses of old are still useable on me D300...

rikintoronto
19 Aug 2011 - 2:40 AM

I think that the original question asked was what is the best SLR not DSLR. Perhaps, Wilmot was thinking DSLR and just got the question wrong. My vote is for the original Nikon F.

snapbandit
snapbandit  102205 forum posts Northern Ireland3 Constructive Critique Points
19 Aug 2011 - 7:00 AM

DSLR's are SLRs (Single Lens Reflex) they just happen to use digital as the image gathering & recording medium instead of film, but physically they are still single lens reflex cameras.

My 2p Wink

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.