Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Best of EPZ 2010

Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
1 Jan 2011 11:58AM
If you can only choose one photo in EPZ (must be EPZ) of which you think is the best photo in 2010 in EPZ, which one would it be, and why? Does it inspire you and how?

For me, it is this one of Simon Palmer. I love the processing and the expression on the dog's face, just strike a cord for me.

47140-1289332033.jpg

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Brian_Scott e2
5 42 27 United Kingdom
1 Jan 2011 12:02PM
And you must say it can't be one of your own Grin
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
1 Jan 2011 12:06PM
Yeap, that is correct.
CAN'T BE YOUR OWN !!!
1 Jan 2011 12:18PM
Blimey Cole, where to start? We might bemoan the general "lack of quality" in the gallery but there are still some amazing photographers and digital artists out there in EPZ land.

For me, my favourite was this one by Beckas. She's grown from being a Kitsch-wannabee to a most talented artist in her own right.

becjas.jpg

Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
1 Jan 2011 12:54PM

Quote:Blimey Cole, where to start?

My thoughts exactly. I guess my choice is easier than most because i've been making it daily throughout the year. And the POTWs are my shortlist so I have an easy job. I say easy. Picking a top shot from 52 absolutely brilliant pictures is still not easy. Both the above would be high up my list, as would Dave's train, Angela's Chalice Well and Paul's Tiny Plane. But there's one shot I keep coming back to and that's this one by NevP

nevp.jpg

The triangle created by the three people is so powerful. Tonally we focus on the ballerina who's perfectly placed, but then our eyes drift to the figure in the background with the intense stare and finally to the partial body in the foreground who also gives a similar sense of intenseness. The atmosphere in this picture is incredible. Superb recording of a scene that most of us would not be able to achieve no matter how skilled with the equipment technicalities. This is about the use of the eye and accurate timing.

A shot that truly deserves to be placed into the photo history books of tomorrow
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
1 Jan 2011 1:25PM
Well, why do it if it is easy...Smile
Best place to start is your own personal award gallery...Smile
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
1 Jan 2011 3:05PM
Good suggestion Cole - however, I've just found out all mine have disappeared along with my Award Badge too... Sad

(I've sent in a Report)

Right - off to look through a few other places then... Wink
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
1 Jan 2011 3:12PM
(I knew it wouldn't take me long... it's even got my 'missing' Award on the original page!)

lrg-137139-1286456610.jpg

'Magic Cloth' by IcelandAurora.

An awesome image.
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
1 Jan 2011 3:24PM
I guess I must have strange taste Smile

For me this one, this received only six votes and no award unless you count mine Smile

Loaded with attitude and love it Smile

94638-1291609807.jpg

Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
1 Jan 2011 3:52PM
Very good/interesting choices so far, very inspiring.
There is no right or wrong, doesn't matter how many votes/awards it got.
Please keep them coming.
NevP
9 853 13 Canada
1 Jan 2011 4:07PM
I've just woken up and logged on, and I am humbled by your kind words Pete. I'll put mine up later once I've had some coffee.
JohnParminter 7 1.3k 14 England
1 Jan 2011 4:51PM
This is my favourite image of 2010.

derwent.jpg

An atmospheric sunrise over Keswick and Derwent water by Richard Wheel. An unusual view and comp as most folk including me would have been down on the other shore looking over the boats, refreshingly different. Combine this with beautiful tones and a sense of absolute calm and tranquility and a picture that is a delight to view many times.

John
MikeRC e2
9 3.5k United Kingdom
1 Jan 2011 5:19PM
......and this would be my choice:tree-frog.jpg

kitsch e2
8 439 4 United Kingdom
1 Jan 2011 6:41PM
this is my fave of the year, going by my awards list Smile
it's by INK74 and when i'm looking at my award gallery it's always the one which i have another view of first, it never fails to make me smile, apart from the fact i love the comp & processing

it's soooo hard to choose though!!!!!!

edit: hmm i should've put the image straight on here sorry
Nick_w e2
7 4.1k 99 England
1 Jan 2011 7:11PM
I know its already been mentioned but for me its this It didn't even get my UA as I missed it when it was first posted (wish I could give it retrospectively)

I was going to say this but realised it was posted in 2009 ! how time flys.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.