Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Best of EPZ 2010

Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
2 Jan 2011 6:27PM
Thanks both!
Come on, Ade, make your choice! Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

NevP
9 853 13 Canada
2 Jan 2011 6:33PM
There are so many to choose from, but this one has something very special to me:

milena.jpg

It captures such a raw moment beautifully. The little girls hurt, the instinct to comfort, and done with a lightness of touch and an honesty that I find very inspiring. It speaks to me on a number of levels. The ability to get a shot like this needs empathy, trust and courage. It was one of the highlights from last years uploads for me.
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
2 Jan 2011 6:37PM
Thanks Nev, but who was the photographer?
NevP
9 853 13 Canada
2 Jan 2011 6:45PM
Oops. Sorry. MilanaG.
repost (thanks Ade)

President Obama by Wim de Vos

81544-1275130774.jpg

I like it so much for its simple yet very effective composition. Obviously Mr. Obama is iconic, but you also feel the isolation he got into during the last year. In that sense I would even call it an important photo. Then there is the street aspect. the little joke, of the president himself seeming to be disrupted and even annoyed by the passer-by. Finally (also quite typical for street), it also connects two worlds, that of real life and life within the tv screen.

(thank for pointing me to that photo Neville. It's a beauty)
NevP
9 853 13 Canada
2 Jan 2011 9:12PM
As is your choice. Fabulous.
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
3 Jan 2011 7:02PM
Hmm.... there are quite a few I have missed.
Nice one.
Keep them coming.
Alan_Coles e2
9 176 11 Wales
3 Jan 2011 9:29PM
Easy shot for me...taken by a mate but its one of those that I thought..."wish I had taken this" It even includes the most photographed person on epz in it....no Cole its not you Wink

Platchet is the tog
Munro is the mountain, sorry midget Grin
Title Land of the Giants

land-of-the-giants.jpg

4 Jan 2011 11:52AM
Looking back over the mountain of wonderful images is a very humbling experience , I knew in my heart and soul it would come down to Kitsch and this to me is Jo's masterpiece .36600-1284485495.jpg

Sean
Alan_Coles e2
9 176 11 Wales
4 Jan 2011 12:36PM

Quote:There are so many to choose from, but this one has something very special to me:

It captures such a raw moment beautifully. The little girls hurt, the instinct to comfort, and done with a lightness of touch and an honesty that I find very inspiring. It speaks to me on a number of levels. The ability to get a shot like this needs empathy, trust and courage. It was one of the highlights from last years uploads for me.

Thanks Nev...greatc choice and have just spent some time viewing her pf..very good.

Not sure why this particular image didn't tickle Pete's fancy?
MikeRC e2
9 3.5k United Kingdom
5 Jan 2011 11:33PM

Quote:or maybe some Geraint shot

.....a welsh MP ? ...bloody 'ell.
clicknimagine e2
5 221 88
9 Jan 2011 4:42AM
To me the best shot of epz 2010:- ( of this member )

118206-1271263501.jpg

Extraordinary composition, timing, and a beautiful story, it is really hard to capture such a story telling image from the street...

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.