Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Best of EPZ 2010

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
2 Jan 2011 - 6:27 PM

Thanks both!
Come on, Ade, make your choice! Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
2 Jan 2011 - 6:27 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

NevP
NevP  9853 forum posts Canada13 Constructive Critique Points
2 Jan 2011 - 6:33 PM

There are so many to choose from, but this one has something very special to me:

milena.jpg

It captures such a raw moment beautifully. The little girls hurt, the instinct to comfort, and done with a lightness of touch and an honesty that I find very inspiring. It speaks to me on a number of levels. The ability to get a shot like this needs empathy, trust and courage. It was one of the highlights from last years uploads for me.

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
2 Jan 2011 - 6:37 PM

Thanks Nev, but who was the photographer?

NevP
2 Jan 2011 - 6:45 PM

Oops. Sorry. MilanaG.

MediumSizeUnavailable

repost (thanks Ade)

President Obama by Wim de Vos

81544-1275130774.jpg

I like it so much for its simple yet very effective composition. Obviously Mr. Obama is iconic, but you also feel the isolation he got into during the last year. In that sense I would even call it an important photo. Then there is the street aspect. the little joke, of the president himself seeming to be disrupted and even annoyed by the passer-by. Finally (also quite typical for street), it also connects two worlds, that of real life and life within the tv screen.

(thank for pointing me to that photo Neville. It's a beauty)

NevP
2 Jan 2011 - 9:12 PM

As is your choice. Fabulous.

Coleslaw
3 Jan 2011 - 7:02 PM

Hmm.... there are quite a few I have missed.
Nice one.
Keep them coming.

Alan_Coles
3 Jan 2011 - 9:29 PM

Easy shot for me...taken by a mate but its one of those that I thought..."wish I had taken this" It even includes the most photographed person on epz in it....no Cole its not you Wink

Platchet is the tog
Munro is the mountain, sorry midget Grin
Title Land of the Giants

land-of-the-giants.jpg

Last Modified By Alan_Coles at 3 Jan 2011 - 9:30 PM
seanslevin
seanslevin  10 Ireland
4 Jan 2011 - 11:52 AM

Looking back over the mountain of wonderful images is a very humbling experience , I knew in my heart and soul it would come down to Kitsch and this to me is Jo's masterpiece .36600-1284485495.jpg

Sean

Alan_Coles
4 Jan 2011 - 12:36 PM

Quote: There are so many to choose from, but this one has something very special to me:

It captures such a raw moment beautifully. The little girls hurt, the instinct to comfort, and done with a lightness of touch and an honesty that I find very inspiring. It speaks to me on a number of levels. The ability to get a shot like this needs empathy, trust and courage. It was one of the highlights from last years uploads for me.

Thanks Nev...greatc choice and have just spent some time viewing her pf..very good.

Not sure why this particular image didn't tickle Pete's fancy?

MikeRC
MikeRC e2 Member 93501 forum postsMikeRC vcard United Kingdom
5 Jan 2011 - 11:33 PM

Quote: or maybe some Geraint shot

.....a welsh MP ? ...bloody 'ell.

clicknimagine

To me the best shot of epz 2010:- (of this member)

118206-1271263501.jpg

Extraordinary composition, timing, and a beautiful story, it is really hard to capture such a story telling image from the street...

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.