Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Best of Gallery

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318434 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jan 2013 - 9:54 AM

We have some issues with a bug that's appeared in the Best of Gallery. We can fix it but we have other more demanding things to attend to and ideally the feature needs a total rethink . Do any of you who use the feature find it a necessity or could you live without it if we dropped it from our feature list until we have a better built product?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
16 Jan 2013 - 9:54 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84255 forum postsKarenFB vcard England162 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jan 2013 - 9:59 AM

Must admit Pete, I don't use it! Smile

seahawk
seahawk e2 Member 7529 forum postsseahawk vcard United Kingdom
16 Jan 2013 - 10:21 AM

I don't think I would miss it either!

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318434 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jan 2013 - 10:23 AM

Thanks, yes I'm sure there are many who don't use it that won't miss it
What I'm really after is an answer to the question

Quote: Do any of you who use the feature find it a necessity or could you live without it if we dropped it from our feature list until we have a better built product?

Cephus
Cephus  92123 forum posts England
16 Jan 2013 - 10:31 AM

Didn't know it existed. Sad

User_Removed
16 Jan 2013 - 10:44 AM

Never heard of it - is it another of those features pandering to the "Click-Clique" fraternity?

Pete
16 Jan 2013 - 10:49 AM

Do any of you who use the feature find it a necessity or could you live without it if we dropped it from our feature list until we have a better built product?

Last Modified By Pete at 16 Jan 2013 - 10:49 AM
JN_CHATELAIN_PHOTOGRAPHY
16 Jan 2013 - 11:12 AM

I don't use it, don't find it necessary and could live without it for whatever length of time.

Instead of spending time refurbishing the Best of Gallery, could you sort out the Albums so we can rearrange them the way we want. At the moment they are displayed in chronological order. This means that if you have a few albums, the latest one is at the bottom of the page. We used to be able to arrange them the way we wanted but it's no longer possible.

Could the album page be in the style of the Showcase so they could be all seen on the page. I've requested a few times over the last 2 years but other changes got priority. So a little gesture towards the Albums would be welcome. Thanks.

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jan 2013 - 11:17 AM

Pete's asked the same question 3 times now and you still don't get the point. If there are people using the feature he needs to hear from them, not people explaining why they don't use it!

Sheesh!

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84255 forum postsKarenFB vcard England162 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jan 2013 - 11:37 AM

Perhaps it could be seen another way...................nobody uses it!!!

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jan 2013 - 11:47 AM

Or maybe the people who use it have not been to the forums for the past 2 hours!

Louise_Morris
Louise_Morris e2 Member 42289 forum postsLouise_Morris vcard England
16 Jan 2013 - 12:01 PM

Just read this post - as I'm at work and should be working, but......... Wink

Have never used the Best of Gallery - always look at the gallery as a whole when I happen to upload or look in with any spare time! That way you get to see all sorts of things you would probably not usually look at!

Lou

KevSB
KevSB  101404 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jan 2013 - 12:12 PM

Quote: Pete's asked the same question 3 times now and you still don't get the point. If there are people using the feature he needs to hear from them, not people explaining why they don't use it!

Sheesh!

puertouk
puertouk  21054 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jan 2013 - 12:23 PM

Never knew it existed

ikett
ikett  3329 forum posts England
16 Jan 2013 - 1:28 PM

Looks like nobody uses it.

It's your site Pete just close it!

Last Modified By ikett at 16 Jan 2013 - 1:30 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.