Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Best of Gallery

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

User_Removed
16 Jan 2013 - 4:12 PM

Quote: Pete's asked the same question 3 times now and you still don't get the point.

Did it not occur to you that maybe Pete asked the wrong question and that folk are just trying to be helpful?

Sad

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
16 Jan 2013 - 4:12 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

AlexandraSD
16 Jan 2013 - 4:23 PM

Visited that page maybe twice, prefer the proper gallery page meself Smile

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318430 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jan 2013 - 4:28 PM

Quote: Did it not occur to you that maybe Pete asked the wrong question and that folk are just trying to be helpful?

I did ask the right question which is why I underlined the key bit and then again later repeated in bold. I appreciate everyone's help but I only want the question answering in this case. I don't, at this point, need to know who isn't using it, as I could quite easily leave it unfixed and they would never know any different. What's important is the members using it and their views.

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jan 2013 - 4:32 PM

Quote: Did it not occur to you that maybe Pete asked the wrong question and that folk are just trying to be helpful?

From Pete's first post

Quote: Do any of you who use the feature

Seems perfectly clear to me.

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84245 forum postsKarenFB vcard England161 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jan 2013 - 5:20 PM

So, I get the feeling you are saying to those of us trying to help, 'mind your own business, we're not talking to you, your opinions aren't wanted'. Sad

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318430 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jan 2013 - 5:36 PM

Quote: So, I get the feeling you are saying to those of us trying to help, 'mind your own business, we're not talking to you, your opinions aren't wanted'.

Not at all. As I say I appreciate everyone's help but I only want the question answering in this case. We just need to know from those using the feature if it would be missed if it was left broken.

KevSB
KevSB  101403 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jan 2013 - 5:38 PM

Editor asks simple question

Peaple dont read the question or choose to ignore

Others point out that fact

Editor makes a simple statement of his intension

and now "your oppinions are not wanted here" how we got to that i have no idea

The fact is like my post none of this helps the editor improve the facility as he needs to find out what those who use it think, something that those who never use it can not tell him, he will have the page hits to tell him what proportion of users on this site dont use it, so your telling him nothing he does not know already.

Last Modified By KevSB at 16 Jan 2013 - 5:39 PM
digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jan 2013 - 5:39 PM

Karen, nobody is saying anything of the sort.

Pete asked a very simple question, basically would those people who do use the Best Of gallery have a problem with it being removed until a better solution is developed. Within minutes he had a string of people telling him why they didn't use it, which is not what he asked. Despite him repeating the question twice, with increasing emphasis on the 'do' bit of the question people still insisted on telling him they didn't use it.

You have to assume that page hit statistics are telling Pete that people do use that feature, so to turn your question back on you - are you saying that the opinions of those who use it and just haven't seen the thread yet are not wanted?

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84245 forum postsKarenFB vcard England161 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jan 2013 - 5:54 PM

Quote: are you saying that the opinions of those who use it and just haven't seen the thread yet are not wanted?

Just because I came in (and now really wish I hadn't), doesn't mean that at all!!! But surely if someone hadn't come in (because there are still no replies from folk who do use the option), the thread would disappear off the bottom of the page. Isn't it better that someone came in to keep the thread near the top and stop Pete feel he's being ignored!!!

Sooty_1
Sooty_1 Critique Team 41173 forum posts United Kingdom196 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jan 2013 - 5:55 PM

Pete, if no ones given you any useful answers by this evening, just close it for a while and see if anyone pops over the parapet!

Tbh, if people can't be bothered to read the question, they aren't going to be able to answer it anyway.

Banging your head against a brick wall yet?

Nick

Last Modified By Sooty_1 at 16 Jan 2013 - 5:57 PM
strawman
strawman  1021997 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jan 2013 - 6:09 PM

Could you put a link in the Best of page to this question so that you catch the key audience.

Take-a-View
16 Jan 2013 - 6:20 PM

Shoot me down if you like, but where is this "best of gallery"? If I could see it I might use it!

Pete
16 Jan 2013 - 6:24 PM

It was in the main menu but only about 80 have been using it for the last year. And the clicks from the main menu were minimal so it was taken off in the declutter exercise mid last year.

Take-a-View
16 Jan 2013 - 6:32 PM

Ahh ahhh so I'm not going mad and if it's not been on the main menu recently, hence the lack of response from anyone who may have used it.

Pete
16 Jan 2013 - 6:37 PM

Quote: hence the lack of response from anyone who may have used it.

It's in the site map which is where those 80 or so who use it have been accessing it or from quick links or bookmarks

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.